Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Goodes only get a reprimand?

How the ____ is that possible when he had 70 carry over points???!!!

He truly is ____ing untouchable!!
Goodes' 70 or so carry over points expired in Round 5, and he gets 93-odd from this reprimand. Answer your question?

Re: Adam Goodes offered a reprimand

Oh yeah! the system gets one right for a change.

Come all ye whinging mexicans with huge chips on your shoulder and have a good sook!

It was a bullshit report. A free kick for high contact was all it warranted.

MRP: Explain yourself Adam.
Goodes: I honestly thought it was Hunter.
MRP: Fair enough, then we'll let you off with a warning.
Goodes: Thanks!
MRP: Just make sure next time that it actually IS Hunter!

Really is a bit of a joke he got off with a reprimand. Rather lucky.

obviously i am the only one here with the law degree.

negligent - when you are completely unaware that you could be doing something that could impact on someone else

reckless - when you consider the possibility that your actions may affect someone but choose to do it anyway (the middle ground to intentional)

how goodes action is negligent is beyond me, he is looking at selwood, how can he not appreicate the fact that his actions could be reckless

un____ing believable, against port i saw free kicks that had my sydney mate laughing, the stuff he gets away with -

Anyone who compares Murphy's to Goodes' is a dunce. Two completely different incidents.

Hey PJ - if I can just get out of the corner for a second. If you read back you'll actually find that my point was not to compare the two incidents, but to make a remark against another poster who was saying that Goodes just 'bumped him to the head'.

Having said that, would you agree that in Murphy's incident he just 'bumped him to the head'?

If so, then there are some similarities.

Don't think anyone is surprised. The AFL couldn't make it more obvious that they want all the special benefits to go to Sydney. The MRP is an absolute joke and Goodes should volunteer to sit out for the next couple of weeks.

Here is one now. Mate, your hopeless team of girls is gonna get spanked next week.

Whos making the idiotic comments? 6 away games and 5 home games is as fair as it gets. Especially after next week where it will be 6 home and 6 away. Idiotic comment:confused:

What isn't fair is that you leave NSW 3 times now in the last 11 games. Collingwood travels further than you for the rest of the season...

Canberra is a city inside NSW is it not?

Canberra is in the ACT.

But, I will humour you anyway.
We have 13 games a year 'inside of the state of NSW/ACT'.
You have 12 games as year 'inside of the state of WA'
Fremantle has 12.
Adelaide has 12.
Port Adelaide has 12.
Brisbane has 12.

The games at Manuka are paid for by the ACT government. The AFL schedules them there for the benefit of the clubs selling the games. This has nothing to do with the Sydney Swans. It has to do with the AFL assisting clubs with scheduling to find other revenue streams.

It is hardly a massive difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. With Goodes and most Swans charges, the impression is that they work backwards from the points needed to get the player 'off' to the gradings.

Murphy is not a Swan. He gets graded and the points are the points.

It would have been surprising if Goodes had got 1 or 2, like he should have. What he did was reckless and could have caused serious injury.

and another one. NM fans are the whingiest of all.

Oh yeah! the system gets one right for a change.

Come all ye whinging mexicans with huge chips on your shoulder and have a good sook!

It was a bullshit report. A free kick for high contact was all it warranted.

So did the system get it right or did it only deserve a free kick? I'm confused.

negligent - when you are completely unaware that you could be doing something that could impact on someone else

reckless - when you consider the possibility that your actions may affect someone but choose to do it anyway (the middle ground to intentional)

how goodes action is negligent is beyond me, he is looking at selwood, how can he not appreicate the fact that his actions could be reckless

He had intent to bump him, no one disputes that. The question is was it a negligent act to continue with the bump and risk hitting his head or reckless to do so. The ruling of negligent is consistent with the charges on Murphy and Waters etc.

well then if goodes appreciated that there was a possibilitly that in bumping him he could hit his head that is reckless
it is only negligent if he has basically no idea that by bumping him he is going to get him in the head

un____ing believable, against port i saw free kicks that had my sydney mate laughing, the stuff he gets away with -

So, mr lawyer man, explain why Murphy's contact was also deemed negligent.

I'm in Sydney next weekend and in all honesty am struggling to get the motivation up to attend the footy.

a) My team is shyte and without heart, but.......

I am sick of the way the AFL is taking the sport, how in the hell does Steven Baker get 6+ matches and this bloke continually gets off, Hall on Maguire whne we played them in a prelim, concessions enough to pinch our players.

Enough is enough, let that club stand on its own 2 feet and treat all clubs equally.

Here is one now. Mate, your hopeless team of girls is gonna get spanked next week.

My team may be a rabble but at least i follow a real club. Sydney is a joke, with few 'supporters' that actually know anything about the game. You are not 'The Bloods', but merely the love child of the AFL, a relocated franchise.

That is ridiculous. 70 points carried over and STILL gets away with a reprimand!

No carry forward points. Rd 5 2007 70.31pts hit on Godfrey ran out in Rd 5 this year.

Anyway, his actions of late will ensure he remembered as much for being a dog sniper just as much as his Brownlow efforts.

Hopefully karma is watching.

The only argument is whether it is negligent or reckless. One for the lawyers.

Correct. Not sure if lawyers needed, but the low impact and head high contact are correct.

Just for the record, I think Adam Goodes is a terrific player and it was he who led the fightback that won them the game against my team. The shame of it is, the MRP has just made him, arguably, the most detested player in the competition. He was already considered a protected species.

I wouldn't mind betting the next time he makes anywhere near head high contact to an opponent, the player will stay down a little longer than necessary and Goodes will get rubbed out for something innocuous.
Justice? Tell it to the MRP. They've done our great game a disservice and effectively maligned a player who probably doesn't deserve the amount of shit he's getting on this thread. Consistency? pfft.. shame on you, MRP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back