Got a Random Question? Ask it Here. (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anythig Jolldo doen't know? heh :p

Who's your tip for the world cup Jolldo?

And is paying top dollar for premium Carlton backs (ie. Carrazzo and Scotland) the biggest mistake i've made this year...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18051362#post18051362

Somebody needs to learn how to use the search.

Paying top dollar for Carlton backs depends when you got them. They've been gunning it over the Gram/Hargrave that I picked at the start of the year :eek:

I'd just like to ask Bomba Thompson to rest the J-Pod this week so I can take Schulz's 123 & my opponent can cop a donut.

Cheers
Flea

My general rule has been to not pick players with a bad record.

I will continue to avoid players like Waite, Buddy and Brennan because of this.

Playing safe means you will never win the car or any weekly prize and im sure that is most peoples ultimate goal.

How does a doughnut from a player that laid a head high bump the week before help you win the car??? :confused:

If you trade him in, his potential is high and he could come home with a flurry. All im trying to say is play conservative and you will never win a car, take risk and you give yourself some chance to win.

As for the Hille, Sandi argument. I knew i shouldn't have continued through with that :D.

Goodbye Waite. :rolleyes:

LOL you have schulz

Yeah, I know. Went for someone a bit different at the start who I thought would make money. Hasn't turned out that way but he pulled a 70 the one time he was required. Should be adequate cover for the rest of the year.
I guess you didn't pick any spuds if you're laughing at mine

Yeah, I know. Went for someone a bit different at the start who I thought would make money. Hasn't turned out that way but he pulled a 70 the one time he was required. Should be adequate cover for the rest of the year.

I picked Ben Warren, Rhyce Shaw, Garry Moss, Relton Roberts, Kurt Tippett and Scott McMahon. Ha!

fwiw the only one i really regret picking is heath shaw

Edit: oh yeh sorry and tippett in the rucks

I've got a close league match this week, but there are only a few players left and based on averages I am about 45 points behind.... I figure to give myself a better chance of winning I need ton pick a different captain to my opponent in the second half of the round. And I imagine he is trying to prevent that, and if I change captains (probably to a player he has got) he will as well...

So my question is this - can your opponent see if you have changed your captain choice prior to this week's lockout?

I've got a close league match this week, but there are only a few players left and based on averages I am about 45 points behind.... I figure to give myself a better chance of winning I need ton pick a different captain to my opponent in the second half of the round. And I imagine he is trying to prevent that, and if I change captains (probably to a player he has got) he will as well...

So my question is this - can your opponent see if you have changed your captain choice prior to this week's lockout?

Yes.

I know this is easier said than done but surely you should be trying to pick the your highest scoring player, regardless of what your opponent does. If your best 'non-common' player scores 15 points less than your best player, you are robbing yourself of 30 points. Just choose who you think will score the best

I know this is easier said than done but surely you should be trying to pick the your highest scoring player, regardless of what your opponent does. If your best 'non-common' player scores 15 points less than your best player, you are robbing yourself of 30 points. Just choose who you think will score the best

Actually, you are only 'robbing yourself' of 15 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please help??? Should I or should I not be able to swap/trade/change emergency & captain etc. with players who are yet to play in the split round? I don't have that option at the moment and I thought I would've done. E.g. I want to swap McNeil and Didak.

Are you sure? I very much doubt that if I now changed my captain to Montagna, from Swan, that my opponent would be aware of the chance until after lockout tomorrow.

Apologies if i'm wrong but this is how i'd assume it works.
The one thing that makes me think he would be able to is that we can see the live scores right now, and when I change my own captain I can see this change in the live scores. I wonder whether they would have it programmed so that you can only see the changes to teams that you have made.

The one thing that makes me think he would be able to is that we can see the live scores right now, and when I change my own captain I can see this change in the live scores. I wonder whether they would have it programmed so that you can only see the changes to teams that you have made.

Yep, I was wrong.

I checked it out and I can see a change my opponent has made.

Apologies wilo. :thumbsu:

Is there any way I can check the status of my eliminator match on my iPhone? I'm logged in2 aflwap but can't see the option...

Can Geelong expect a big fine for the late withdrawl of Kelly as Hawthorn copped it big time from the AFL over Renouf/JKT incident in Round 5.

Can Geelong expect a big fine for the late withdrawl of Kelly as Hawthorn copped it big time from the AFL over Renouf/JKT incident in Round 5.

I think random question means random question regarding Dream Team. Try the main board for this sort of stuff.

Just out of interest - why would you even care about this?

I think random question means random question regarding Dream Team. Try the main board for this sort of stuff.

Just out of interest - why would you even care about this?

I thought it'd be DT related as Kelly gave a few people an unexpected 0 last night. I was just curious thats all

If you're focusing on league games this is so, so wrong.

Bartel looked the best bet to have a big score this week, both my opponent and I had him captain but a quick evaluation of the players left to play saw that he would win comfortably. The only chance I had was to change captain and pray that mine would outscore his by "x" amount to give me the edge... fyi I went Swan but it still wasn't enough - good decision to swap though.

It's exactly the same in the opposite context in that if you can see that you should win comfortably you take out some of the risk involved by selecting the same captain as your opponent to by eliminating the luck involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back