Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau_Waters for PM

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
If you've ever witnessed someone start a thread asking a simple question, only to get shot down with a rebuke to the effect of "This does not require its own thread" or "Cant you see we already have x thread for this issue"?

We have threads set up for some topics, if you have a question along these lines then you'd be better off asking your question there (or looking to see whether your question has already been asked and answered by someone else).

For example, we have threads relating to:

Injury news, Suspensions, and Media reports
Discussion on planned trades
Discussion on specific players (either visit the Player comparison thread or the new Players Board)
Handy sites to use for research
What people see as the general "golden rules" for DreamTeam

Okay, so what if you feel you have a question that doesn't seem to fit in any other thread? Never fear, you can ask it here!

This thread is for simple questions. Post your question, and if possible, assist by answering someone else's question while you're at it. And just because someone has answered a question already, don't that that stop you from adding your 2 cents if you feel you'd like to.

We want to keep this thread neat so that questions and answers can be clearly matched, so if you have other discussion please take it to another thread, or the General DT discussion thread.

Thanks everyone. :)

Why would Jade Rawlings drop Bowden?? Silly boy

To make a statement about youth... blah blah blah

You can't say it wasn't at least a little bit expected. Unwarranted maybe but not unexpected.

Why would Jade Rawlings drop Bowden?? Silly boy

I can understand him dropping Bowden, but not Cogs. Cogs is only about 26 isn't he?

Good question, but I think with a new coach and a struggling team, this kind of drastic change was inevitable really. I think its a bit of a publicity statement that "things are going to be different, we will make changes in order to make progress", a bit of the idea of cleaning out the dead wood and also an example of the freedom a caretaker coach has when he comes in midseason and his side is expected to remain cellar dwellars. He's probably given up on finals this season, so is trying to use this time to test the depth of the younger players, and give some of them a real go.

Why he dropped Coughlan though, I'm not sure.

Why did my girlfriend break up with me last year?

I think your sig answers that question.

Coughlan is 27, and has looked slow at times. I don't think that it's a coincedence that his best game has come in a slow-moving match against Port Adelaide.

I have a simple question. I want to upgrade Hurn to a better backman. I have $330K to spend. My options are Hodge, Mundy, Gilbee, Geary, Newman or Gram.

Who should I pick??

I have a simple question. I want to upgrade Hurn to a better backman. I have $330K to spend. My options are Hodge, Mundy, Gilbee, Geary, Newman or Gram.

Who should I pick??

I had this exact problem last week. I picked Ryder (I know, I know, he's already gained alot) but he rewarded me straight away with a 105. I'll be looking at grabbing Hodge in a week or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Random question:

If a player kicks it out on the full do they get 3 points, 0 points or -3 points?

Also what if a player makes a high tackle? 1 point or -3 points?

What has been the highest score ever recorded in Dream Team? And that includes that stupid Grand Final Dream team thing during the off-season.

Got a question for Beau Waters for PM

Wondering what position does he usually play?

Thinking ahead to next year where I'll probs pick him up as his price will have dropped.
*Puts on the Beau Waters for PM thinking cap on*

Whilst your waiting for the great man to answer your question. I believe BW plays in defence (HBF) in a sort of a Luke Hodge kind of role.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but wasn't he initially drafted as a midfielder (winger). So perhaps they may try and do a Spud Firrito pre-season role change thingy-ma-bob to add another big body into the midfield which Kerr is desperately in need of.

In saying this your much better of listening to BWFPM or a WCE supporters as they would obviously know a lot more about this guy than I would...

*Takes of the Beau Waters for PM thinking cap off*

Really so out on the full doesnt count as a free against? Surely they should fix that.

Really so out on the full doesnt count as a free against? Surely they should fix that.

Forgetting dream team for second - out on the full isn't classified as a free kick at all. i,e when you see the frees at the end of the game - and it reads 21-16, Out on the full's aren't included, a bit like someone kicking out - doesn't count as a kick.

back to DT - given it isn't a free kick, it can't be -3

Got a question for Beau Waters for PM

Wondering what position does he usually play?

Thinking ahead to next year where I'll probs pick him up as his price will have dropped.

*Puts on the Beau Waters for PM thinking cap on*

Whilst your waiting for the great man to answer your question. I believe BW plays in defence (HBF) in a sort of a Luke Hodge kind of role.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but wasn't he initially drafted as a midfielder (winger). So perhaps they may try and do a Spud Firrito pre-season role change thingy-ma-bob to add another big body into the midfield which Kerr is desperately in need of.

In saying this your much better of listening to BWFPM or a WCE supporters as they would obviously know a lot more about this guy than I would...

*Takes of the Beau Waters for PM thinking cap off*

Thanks for taking the time to answer Spartans, you pretty much nailed it. Waters is a half back flanker. In recent times, Nicoski has been given the close-checking roles on the opposition's dangerous small forward (think Milne, Betts types), while the tall forwards are obviously covered by Glass and now MacKenzie, Mitch Brown, Spangher or Hunter. In his recent seasons Waters was often playing quite a DT-friendly role as the kind of linkup role.

The make up of the team has changed alot in the last year or so, with the likes of MacKenzie, Brown and Spangher featuring a little more prominently. Its hard to predict where Waters will be played next season but I would much rather him away from the defensive 50 altogether, due to the fact he is prone to the odd brain fade. Would love to see him given a midfield license, crashing the packs and played an inside role, but after spending so long out of the game I guess we'll have to wait to see how he goes in the preseason. Certainly one to watch at his price, though his injury history is terrible.

When does a soccer kick actually count as 3 points?

I'm pretty sure a soccer kick only counts when it produces a stat i.e. a mark or a goal. I'm not 100% on that though.

With OOF's, if you're only playing Dreamteam then you don't care how your player kicks it, better a kick OOF than none at all! Supercoach is another matter though, since it'd be counted as a clanger kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back