Got a random question? Ask it here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can a team pick a player to play in seniors next week if they played in the reserves this week? I assume you can..

Ie. Is Macaffer and Beams eligible to play next week?

Yes, I hate the Pies, but these guys are in my supercoach team.... Okay hate is abit harsh...

Yeah of course, doubt either will be picked though.

I think that a kick off the ground is up to the discretion of the stats man himself as to whether it counts as a stat or not. I think its supposed to be defined as weather or not it was a 'meaningful' kick. Whatever that means.

What do you guys think of the idea of a rolling lockout???

For example....in a split round like this one, you would be able to trade or omit players from Collingwood, Geelong, Essendon, Melbourne, Sydney and Fremantle....but everyone else is untouchable or locked into your side.

This would make friday night lockout less mayhem in terms of site overloads etc. Also, for Monday games, you don't get the final sides published until Sunday...and often there are Thursday night games.

This idea could be applied only for weeks with an unusual fixture.

If you left a player on field and he scores 7, you can't drop him....or if you have a guy who scores 100 on your bench you cannot bring him into the team. All this would allow is to switch players on your team who have not yet played.

Would work great for the split round considering we have no idea about teams the week before.

For example....in a split round like this one, you would be able to trade or omit players from Collingwood, Geelong, Essendon, Melbourne, Sydney and Fremantle....but everyone else is untouchable or locked into your side.

This would make friday night lockout less mayhem in terms of site overloads etc. Also, for Monday games, you don't get the final sides published until Sunday...and often there are Thursday night games.

If you left a player on field and he scores 7, you can't drop him....or if you have a guy who scores 100 on your bench you cannot bring him into the team. All this would allow is to switch players on your team who have not yet played.

Would work great for the split round considering we have no idea about teams the week before.
Nah, keep it the way it is.

One of the risks people take by trading in people that aren't named, ie. Ballantyne.

I think its a brilliant idea. Also means that ***** like Laidley cant **** us over as much.

yer, but everyone who is serious about DT plays rookies.

I think as a minimum, we should be entitled to a bit of leniency when there are Monday games or split rounds.

The game should be made harder in other regards such as lower salary cap or extended bench with same salary cap. But in terms of selection, we should have access to the teamsheets before you are locked out. Especially when the site continually crashes at 5:00pm on a Friday.

This isn't really making the game easier because you can still only switch with players who are yet to play. Just prevents scores of 0 due to not having full information.

I'm all for making the game harder...but i think Dream Team should reduce the amount of 0's people have to play...it really takes away from the enjoyment of the game. With such a limited bench size, its near impossible to cover 0's when you get a few injuries. That's not your fault, thats awful luck. You don't see sides running into games 2 players short.

In a Ruck Contest at a Boundary Throw-In if the Ruckmen punches the ball out on the full, is he awarded 1 point, minus 2 points or minus 3 points? Also what happens if the Ruchmen grabs the ball out of the ruck as opposed to tapping it. Is that counted as a hitout? And what if that Ruckman gets pinned for holding the ball by grabbing it out of the ruck contest? How much is that worth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a Ruck Contest at a Boundary Throw-In if the Ruckmen punches the ball out on the full, is he awarded 1 point, minus 2 points or minus 3 points?

1 point.

Also what happens if the Ruchmen grabs the ball out of the ruck as opposed to tapping it. Is that counted as a hitout? And what if that Ruckman gets pinned for holding the ball by grabbing it out of the ruck contest? How much is that worth?

Not 100% sure but I dont think it counts as a hit out, hence if he is caught it is -3.

You need $30,000 in cash to buy a house 4 years from today. You expect to earn 4% p.a., compunded quarterly, on your savings. How much do you need to deposit today if this is the only money you save for this purpose?

A. $25,584.64
B. $25,644.13
C. 25,689.19
D. 26,008.17

You need $30,000 in cash to buy a house 4 years from today. You expect to earn 4% p.a., compunded quarterly, on your savings. How much do you need to deposit today if this is the only money you save for this purpose?

A. $25,584.64
B. $25,644.13
C. 25,689.19
D. 26,008.17
Can I phone a friend?

A. $25,584.64
B. $25,644.13
C. 25,689.19
D. 26,008.17

I hope that means the finance study is going well Cartman! :D

Convert the 4%pa to a quarterly interest rate and then put it all the data into your annuity formula and you're all set!

A. $25,584.64
B. $25,644.13
C. 25,689.19
D. 26,008.17

A.

I did this by process of elimination, if you wanted to, you could rearrange the equation instead to determine the answer in one hit.

A = P(1+i)^n

A = Amount
P = Principle (Starting amount aka A, B, C, D)
i = interest rate per period, in your case 0.04/4 = 0.01%
n = number of interest periods @ 4 years calculated quarterly = 4*4=16

You know the P, i and n values, so just plug in the P values, if you started by using the value for A, that is where you would have stopped.

EDIT: Thought I better add the rearranged equation if you're interested.

P = A / ((1+i)^n)

A. $25,584.64
B. $25,644.13
C. 25,689.19
D. 26,008.17

I left my finance major behind a long time ago. I can barely remember how to work it out :eek:

PV = FV/(1+(r/m))^nm

Where:
PV = Present Value
FV = Future Value
r = interest rate
m = number of compounding periods per annum
n = number of years

PV = $30,000/1.01^16
PV = $25,584.64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad