Got a random question? Ask it here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i gotta keep 20 players in my keeper league, who do you reckon I should release?

Adcock, Jed (CB) 82
Armitage, David (CB) 91
Butler, Sam (FC) 60
Cloke, Travis (F) 80
Dalziell, Bradd © 84
Hasleby, Paul © 82
Hocking, Heath (CB) 72
Knights, Chris (FC) 82
Ladson, Rick (B) 53
Lake, Brian (B) 80
LeCras, Mark (F) 75
Lonergan, Sam (FC) 62
McKernan, Shaun (FR) 37
Palmer, Rhys © 79
Petrie, Drew (FR) 87
*Picken, Liam © 57
*Schoenmakers, Ryan (FB) 41
Sidebottom, Steele © 66
Suban, Nic (CB) 55
Swift, Tom © 69
Waters, Beau (B)
*Whitecross, Brendan (B) 71

ok i gotta keep 20 players in my keeper league, who do you reckon I should release?

Adcock, Jed (CB) 82
Armitage, David (CB) 91
Butler, Sam (FC) 60
Cloke, Travis (F) 80
Dalziell, Bradd © 84
Hasleby, Paul © 82
Hocking, Heath (CB) 72
Knights, Chris (FC) 82
Ladson, Rick (B) 53
Lake, Brian (B) 80
LeCras, Mark (F) 75
Lonergan, Sam (FC) 62
McKernan, Shaun (FR) 37
Palmer, Rhys © 79
Petrie, Drew (FR) 87
*Picken, Liam © 57
*Schoenmakers, Ryan (FB) 41
Sidebottom, Steele © 66
Suban, Nic (CB) 55
Swift, Tom © 69
Waters, Beau (B)
*Whitecross, Brendan (B) 71
I'd take out Whitecross and McKernan as I think they would play the least games of the guys listed. McKernan could get a few games, but don't think he'd score well and Whitecross has a lot of competition ahead of him.

I'd let go of Picken and McKernan.

I'd hold onto Whitecross. Not sure about how many games he gets, but he'd have to play more than McKernan.

Anyone taking into consideration the fact that quite a few DT keepers are under the microscope for already having signed with the GC?

It's possible the form of say Harbrow could suffer if he is "outed" as a GC recruit midway through the season.

Where can I get information about how the maths behind AFL dream team works? I hear terms like "magic number" and want to understand exactly how it all hangs together.

Which would you choose:

$400k in bank account and another rookie on the field, or Dane Swan and nada. (i.e. difference between Dane Swan vs. by Round 6 getting Swan & a fallen gun... e.g. Gibbs maybe)

Anyone taking into consideration the fact that quite a few DT keepers are under the microscope for already having signed with the GC?

It's possible the form of say Harbrow could suffer if he is "outed" as a GC recruit midway through the season.

Rust man, have you got a list of these keepers? :D

Which would you choose:

$400k in bank account and another rookie on the field, or Dane Swan and nada. (i.e. difference between Dane Swan vs. by Round 6 getting Swan & a fallen gun... e.g. Gibbs maybe)

By holding 400k in the bank, you're putting yourself like, 500 points behind where you should be come round 6. No way would the upgrades made then catch you up that much.

A few years ago I completed a postgrad course in soothsaying with a double major in Chinese Whispers and Fortune Cookie Development; received honours in both. :thumbsu:

I believe I have conjured up that "compromised keeper list".

But sorry, some things are sacrosanct and can't be divulged. :eek:

A few years ago I completed a postgrad course in soothsaying with a double major in Chinese Whispers and Fortune Cookie Development; received honours in both. :thumbsu:

I believe I have conjured up that "compromised keeper list".

But sorry, some things are sacrosanct and can't be divulged. :eek:

C'mon. Dude! Quit holding out on me! ;)

I've heard people talk about having team strategies (i.e. Mid pricer strategy, guns and rookies statagy)

What do you guys make of mixing it up, i.e. having a mid price strategy for your forwards, guns and rookies for your mids, etc?

I've heard people talk about having team strategies (i.e. Mid pricer strategy, guns and rookies statagy)

What do you guys make of mixing it up, i.e. having a mid price strategy for your forwards, guns and rookies for your mids, etc?

You should always have a balance I think. Doesnt mean you have to have a separate strategy for each position but I think you need at a few rookies and mid pricers this year.

Most people on here seem to be going for this type of structure:

Backs: 1 gun, 3-4 keepers, 3-4 low-mid pricers
Midfield: 3-4 guns, 0-1 mid pricers, 2 rookies
Rucks: 0-1 keepers, 0-2 mid pricers
Forwards: 1-2 guns, 3-4 keepers, 2-3 mid pricers

Maybe you can try having a weak midfield and stocking up on gun forwards. The difference between Riewoldt & Chapman and say dangerfield & medhurst may be bigger than Selwood & Pendlebury and masten & redden.

I think it's just important to look at your team from as far back as possible and work out what balance should get you the most points this year.

Instead of Player x & y vs Player a & b try and go bigger such as Players u,v,w,x,y,z vs Players a,b,c,d,e,f

Strategies are just templates. You will always make a better team altering them each year depending on the different factors.

I just realised the only Geelong player I have so far this year is Podsiadly. Whereas in other years I have atleast 4-5. Is anyone else experiencing this?

yea i did the same thing suddenly realising that i had no Geelong players, im not worried by it, but i didnt do it intentionaly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By holding 400k in the bank, you're putting yourself like, 500 points behind where you should be come round 6. No way would the upgrades made then catch you up that much.

The point is the rookie has made 150k and Swan and Gibbs have both fallen by a total of say 50-100k (let's say Gibbs drops to 440k and Swan drops to 480k) so i save 220k and get two gun premiums in instead of 1 from 2 trades. Though i guess i would have already had Swan and two trades of another rookie pair and i "might" be able to get Gibbs in by Rnd 7...

That's exactly why I took Harbrow out. I'm sure something like that will go down later in the year, I just hope it's not a player i'll have.

alrighty, this is the first year that ive even thought about DT and ive just set up my team but.....how do i join a league???? i know, im a massive noob, but its pretty confusing but looks pretty fun. any advice would be helpful, cheers!

alrighty, this is the first year that ive even thought about DT and ive just set up my team but.....how do i join a league???? i know, im a massive noob, but its pretty confusing but looks pretty fun. any advice would be helpful, cheers!

1. Just go to the league tab at the top of the page and click
2. You have three league you can join 1, 2, 3
3. you can either choose to start you own league and invite your mates (create league) (can be a public or private league) give the league code to your mates and your away
4. you can join someone elses league by entering the code (join League)
5. I think you can opt to join a public random league as well cant remember

Hope this helps

yeah my mates are shit, no chance of getting them involved so if anyone has a league i can join or knows how to join a random one please let me know, cheers

Who will benefit most from the injuries to:

Fisher
Corey
Bird

Have asked the question on the Sydney DT/SC thread.

I suspect Moore will get a larger midfield role than previously expected. Failing that, I think Hannebery might get a look in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back