Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you related to that clown Kevin Sheedy?

Sparra...obviously it was a little hard for you to understand...guess that will happen when you don't get past grade 5. It's an opinion....that is what these forums are based on. Just because you don't understand it or don't agree with it doesn't mean it is wrong. Now get back to your passsion of getting on every leagues forums and speaking dribble...

Why? Because they finished top of the ladder. Play well in the wet and the general opinion is that Kyabram are a superior team to Echuca. It is a question of whether they can absorb all of that expectation when Echuca are going in underdogs...therfore i beleive this adds to the pressure of expectation that they will win.

i don't think the expectation of the general public that ky will win will affect their performance in the slightest. Having played well in the wet during the year they will understand it is going to be a tight contest and wll be confident from playing well on those occasions.

if Ky vs Echuca is a 50/50, what about the other two.

Utd against Mansfield would be definitely short priced favourites, just the injuries to Mansfield alone would make it hard for them. Gives Utd good start into the finals as Ky got last year.

Listening to last week's Mooroopna vs Swans game, the experts couldn't see Swans turning the tables. Were Swans that bad? They have to be a chance with their star studded stable, but maybe too many stars and not enough workers. Will Woey play this week?

still too hard to pick the premiers yet, anyone of the top four, probably with Mooroopna the least favoured

if Ky vs Echuca is a 50/50, what about the other two.

Utd against Mansfield would be definitely short priced favourites, just the injuries to Mansfield alone would make it hard for them. Gives Utd good start into the finals as Ky got last year.

Listening to last week's Mooroopna vs Swans game, the experts couldn't see Swans turning the tables. Were Swans that bad? They have to be a chance with their star studded stable, but maybe too many stars and not enough workers. Will Woey play this week?

still too hard to pick the premiers yet, anyone of the top four, probably with Mooroopna the least favoured

Mansfield could be dangerous due to the conditions, nothing to lose and the fact that they could get a few Collingwood VFL players back

Sparra...obviously it was a little hard for you to understand...guess that will happen when you don't get past grade 5. It's an opinion....that is what these forums are based on. Just because you don't understand it or don't agree with it doesn't mean it is wrong. Now get back to your passsion of getting on every leagues forums and speaking dribble...

And it was of my opinion that the opinion you had, read as some of the dribble that may come from Sheedy's mouth, hence the question to you re the relation situation.

Now I might get on a few leagues forums mainly because I played in The O&K and the Murray League and am now involved in the KDFL, which in case you haven't noticed is a close relative of the GV. So I reckon that gives me enough knowledge to partake in their forums.

And if you haven't noticed the majority of my posts are lighthearted.

And it was of my opinion that the opinion you had, read as some of the dribble that may come from Sheedy's mouth, hence the question to you re the relation situation.

Now I might get on a few leagues forums mainly because I played in The O&K and the Murray League and am now involved in the KDFL, which in case you haven't noticed is a close relative of the GV. So I reckon that gives me enough knowledge to partake in their forums.

And if you haven't noticed the majority of my posts are lighthearted.

Whatever Sparra, Just felt you were being a smart ar#$e with that comment. I am preapared to move on.

Nothing to lose, or everything to lose?

Exactly, don't buy into the 'nothing to lose' scenario, everyone that is playing this time of year has got the same amount to lose when they are in a do or die final, the opportunity to play in a premiership, I am sure most would agree that is a fair bit to lose!!

Exactly, don't buy into the 'nothing to lose' scenario, everyone that is playing this time of year has got the same amount to lose when they are in a do or die final, the opportunity to play in a premiership, I am sure most would agree that is a fair bit to lose!!
Couldn't agree more Hank, regardless of the standard you play, O&K KDFL MFL if your alive in the finals series at the moment, treat it as a special moment coz when your footy's over you look back at it as the best time of your life, THERE'S PLENTY TO LOSE boys...:thumbsu:

Totally agree hank:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here here :thumbsu:

I remember seeing footage from when Mick McGuane was in charge at Gisborne. Before one of the GF's he held up a news article where the opposition coach gave the old "Nothing to lose" comment.

Mick then give it "Nothing to lose? How weak is that? Nothing to lose? It's a grand final for F**K sake, we've got everything to lose" and then went on with his address - something like that anyway . . . .

Ever since I heard that, and after chat's with a few coaches Ive considered as mentors over the years nothing has rung truer come finals time than what a complete mistruth the old "nothing to lose" actually is

"dirty' day all round for Echuca -outplayed and out coached. Any word on the extent of Height's injury? Didn't look good. He was on crutches at the end of the game and would be a huge loss for them as they regroup. Having watched Egan today I reckon Echuca would want their 27,000 back. He was useless, didn't appear interested and certainly wasn't prepared to get his jumper dirty.

"dirty' day all round for Echuca -outplayed and out coached. Any word on the extent of Height's injury? Didn't look good. He was on crutches at the end of the game and would be a huge loss for them as they regroup. Having watched Egan today I reckon Echuca would want their 27,000 back. He was useless, didn't appear interested and certainly wasn't prepared to get his jumper dirty.

Fairs fair Jaggo! For a start Chris is not on that and he was not alone in having a bad day. Out coached-yes but we had no rotations and were a little bit hampered. Remember that its hard to replace a guy of Heighty's quality and that changed our plans greatly as we lost a good mid and forward. This also released Beattie so it was a win win for Ky.Its early days and tomorrow there will be 4 sides left who on the day can all win it. Can remember clearly sides turning it around from here and Ky were hot favs last yr!

Fairs fair Jaggo! For a start Chris is not on that and he was not alone in having a bad day. Out coached-yes but we had no rotations and were a little bit hampered. Remember that its hard to replace a guy of Heighty's quality and that changed our plans greatly as we lost a good mid and forward. This also released Beattie so it was a win win for Ky.Its early days and tomorrow there will be 4 sides left who on the day can all win it. Can remember clearly sides turning it around from here and Ky were hot favs last yr!

Echuca were definitely hurt by injury today but Ky were certainly the better side today. They wanted it more and there discipline was alot better than Echucas who at times looked more pre occupied with the man than the ball. Echuca will bounce back they are a very good side and the finals are still very wide open especially in the current conditions.
On a side note, the performance of a couple of Echuca's assistant coaches from the sideline today was an absolute disgrace. There is nothing wrong with sledging and banter from the opposition coaching box but some of the stuff I heard today directed at a couple of Ky players was way out of line. Ringo you would know exactly what I am talking about and you and your staff should hang your head.

I would certainly not rule Echuca out of contention, no doubt they are a quality side. All sides have bad days and Echuca certainly had theirs yesterday. I would again say though, that where most of the Echuca boys were prepared to put their heads over the footy, Egan wasn't one of them. For a player of his reputation and given the money he is rumoured to be on, for me it would be embarassing.

Echuca were definitely hurt by injury today but Ky were certainly the better side today. They wanted it more and there discipline was alot better than Echucas who at times looked more pre occupied with the man than the ball. Echuca will bounce back they are a very good side and the finals are still very wide open especially in the current conditions.
On a side note, the performance of a couple of Echuca's assistant coaches from the sideline today was an absolute disgrace. There is nothing wrong with sledging and banter from the opposition coaching box but some of the stuff I heard today directed at a couple of Ky players was way out of line. Ringo you would know exactly what I am talking about and you and your staff should hang your head.

Yes I accept that! Will be rectified immediately. However I don't take kindly to being called a F n C and aggressively abused and almost physically manhandled at the football at Echuca today by the Ky Coach. Especially when I had three kids with me. Now he should hang his head in shame-absolutely disgraceful and he might want to at least apologise to the kids for the pathetic childish behavior!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yes I accept that! Will be rectified immediately. However I don't take kindly to being called a F n C and aggressively abused and almost physically manhandled at the football at Echuca today by the Ky Coach. Especially when I had three kids with me. Now he should hang his head in shame-absolutely disgraceful and he might want to at least apologise to the kids for the pathetic childish behavior!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

That sounds pretty ordinary Ringo. have obviously heard of coaches havin a crack at each other on the ground but not off it

That sounds pretty ordinary Ringo. have obviously heard of coaches havin a crack at each other on the ground but not off it

I think that you would know roota that I'm a firm believer of what happens during that two hours on the ground is driven by both good and bad emotions. Fortunately, its usually left there!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I think that you would know roota that I'm a firm believer of what happens during that two hours on the ground is driven by both good and bad emotions. Fortunately, its usually left there!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Yep I certainly know that Ringo. Unfortunately there are some that take it way too far. It is still only country footy after all.

It does make for interesting viewing if you do get to come across them again

That may be true, but it still doesn't excuse the behaviour of the coaching staff on saturday. The accusations and insults being thrown out by those people can't simply be labelled ok since they happened in the 2 hrs of game time. There are plenty of young kids who would of heard what was going on also.

That may be true, but it still doesn't excuse the behaviour of the coaching staff on saturday. The accusations and insults being thrown out by those people can't simply be labelled ok since they happened in the 2 hrs of game time. There are plenty of young kids who would of heard what was going on also.

So its ok then to physically and verbally threaten people with three kids at the footy on a Sunday???NOT DURING GAME TIME???????:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back