Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so who will end up where after next week?

Mooroopna and Swans 4th and 5th, play each other this week and will play each other in elim final.

Rochie and Echuca play each other this week and if Rochie wins will play each other in elim final week later. if Rochie lose may still be a chance for 6th if Eagles lose

Benalla vs Mansfield at Benalla, benalla could nearly be favourites the form they are in, at home and with Mansfield's injury list could go either way.

Utd have an easy one while Ky have a hard one against Tat at Tat. Ky lose they could still drop to 3rd

Top 6 in order, Ky, Utd, Echuca, Mooroopna, Swans and Mansfield but not with al ot of confidence

Its good that you have had a crack and looked into how the ladder will line up.
But If Echuca defeat Rochy, Echuca will stay 2nd and Mansfield providing they beat benalla will finish 6th
If Rochy defeat Echuca United will most likely finish 2nd
Ky should pretty much stay top two

Could be interesting prospect if rochy were to defeat echuca this weekend though we would have 2 elimination final previews in the last round

I don't think Ky can drop to 3rd place. Their percentage is 17% higher than Uniteds. I'm not exactly what the equation is but it would have to pretty hard to make up that sort of gap in one game.
Will be interesting to see how the Swans V Cats game goes. Will coaches be keen to go flat out and get the upper hand in confidence or will they go down the line of getting through the gaame unscathed and leaving a little in reserve for the one that counts.

Does anyone know where the finals will be played, surely the league knows by now.
how has mick gays year been at the cats

Big win by Ech today over rochy?!
So, rochy miss out on finals and manfield sneak in by the looks of it..interesting..

Yeh, pretty disappointing result for Rochy and a shame to end a year full of promise by not even making the finals. A near to full-strength Rochy side would have added a lot of intrigue to what appears to be an already cracking finals series.

Also not a good way to send off 2 stalwards of the club, champion player Chris McCarty and Nathan Whipp, who both announced their retirements after the game. Carts will go down as a great of Rochy, and perhaps even the GV, and also won a B&F in the O&M.

Looking at the gvfl website first week of finals games
Ky vs Echuca @ Tatura on Saturday
Mooroopna vs Swans @ Ky on Saturday
United vs Mansfield @ Echuca on Sunday

Just curious to no what shape Mooroopnas ground is in? I no most are struggling with the mud but some hold up beter than others.

The KDL's 1st semi is there sunday.

Just curious to no what shape Mooroopnas ground is in? I no most are struggling with the mud but some hold up beter than others.

The KDL's 1st semi is there sunday.

Had a lot of traffic on it with the U/16 finals there, they finished up a week or two ago, from all reports it isnt in great shape, which I'm sure will suit you to a tee boppin!, no games there over the weekend would have helped but the 50mm coming thurs, fri & sat won't help its cause!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do the umpires get picked for finals games ? Was at the Swans and Cats game and the umpiring was vomit. Disgusting, Durbidge report, absolute joke. Terrible umpires are wrecking this mighty competition. Who overlooks the umpires performances? If a player has a bad game ,he gets dropped. I would hate to see a good game of finals footy wrecked by shiiiit decisions. Let the game flow.

How do the umpires get picked for finals games ? Was at the Swans and Cats game and the umpiring was vomit. Disgusting, Durbidge report, absolute joke. Terrible umpires are wrecking this mighty competition. Who overlooks the umpires performances? If a player has a bad game ,he gets dropped. I would hate to see a good game of finals footy wrecked by shiiiit decisions. Let the game flow.

I think Chris McCullum oversees the umpires this year. But i think the lack of umpires is the problem. If there were more umpires on there list they could afford to drop an umpire to a minor league but the simple fact is there isnt enough experienced umpires to do that and we have to deal with what we have or we wont have any at all.

Tips for next weekend
Sen-Echuca over ky- 23 points
Res- Echuca over ky- 11 points
3rds- Shep over rochy - 27 points

Sen-Shep united over mans- 37 points
Res- Seymour over rochy- 31 points
3rds- Mans over moor- 24 points

Sen- Moor over swans 11 points
Res- Moor over swans 22 points
3rds- Benalla over swans 9 points

I think Chris McCullum oversees the umpires this year. But i think the lack of umpires is the problem. If there were more umpires on there list they could afford to drop an umpire to a minor league but the simple fact is there isnt enough experienced umpires to do that and we have to deal with what we have or we wont have any at all.
If you read the VCFL website, they tell us as a result of spending $500,000 on umpire recruitment and development, umpire numbers and the standard of umpiring across the state has never been better.

If these VCFL full time employees move from their nice offices in Melbourne and see what is really happening in the bush they may have a different opinion.

I am new to the area, having come from the EFL region and the YVMDFL region - got to the say the standard is pretty good up here,
for what its worth having seen ECH, Ky & Mooroopna & Shepp (Demons) play over the past 4 weeks i reckon Ky & Mooroop are the teams to watch.

Are there certain teams which perform better in heavy conditions?

I am new to the area, having come from the EFL region and the YVMDFL region - got to the say the standard is pretty good up here,
for what its worth having seen ECH, Ky & Mooroopna & Shepp (Demons) play over the past 4 weeks i reckon Ky & Mooroop are the teams to watch.

Are there certain teams which perform better in heavy conditions?

Kyabram are the best team in the wet in my opinion which will put them under enormous pressure to peform this week due to the forecast over the coming days

Now the home and away season is done, Any one got any tips for the morrison medal or GVFL Team of the year line up.
I reckon Tom Durwood would be pretty much certainty to beat all the other rookies this year. Any opinions been a bit quiet on here of late

Now the home and away season is done, Any one got any tips for the morrison medal or GVFL Team of the year line up.
I reckon Tom Durwood would be pretty much certainty to beat all the other rookies this year. Any opinions been a bit quiet on here of late

If Jordan Souter is eligible it would have to be out of those two. Young Reeves from Ky has been very important in the games he has played and I am sure Ky would be mighty happy that the Bushies are out and have another 3 players to choose from.

[/b]

Kyabram are the best team in the wet in my opinion which will put them under enormous pressure to peform this week due to the forecast over the coming days

Why would that put them under enormous pressure to perform? That they have performed in similar conditions during the year would give them confidence to play well this weekend if the conditions are heavy, not put them under pressure.

Why would that put them under enormous pressure to perform? That they have performed in similar conditions during the year would give them confidence to play well this weekend if the conditions are heavy, not put them under pressure.

Why? Because they finished top of the ladder. Play well in the wet and the general opinion is that Kyabram are a superior team to Echuca. It is a question of whether they can absorb all of that expectation when Echuca are going in underdogs...therfore i beleive this adds to the pressure of expectation that they will win.

Why? Because they finished top of the ladder. Play well in the wet and the general opinion is that Kyabram are a superior team to Echuca. It is a question of whether they can absorb all of that expectation when Echuca are going in underdogs...therfore i beleive this adds to the pressure of expectation that they will win.

Are you related to that clown Kevin Sheedy?

The last team to beat Ky was Echuca at Ky's home ground and they did it fairly convincingly too. Since than Echuca have had alot of injury concerns but judging by there team last weekend they look to have nearly everybody back. So taking all of that into account I can't see how Ky can be an overwhelming favourite, I would say it is a 50-50 game with both sides having plenty of matchwinners.
I would have thought that the weather forecasts would suggest that all 3 games will now be 50-50 contests. If we get anywhere near the rain they are forecasting than the conditions are going to be pretty foreign to all teams. I would suggest that Craig Kelly would be rubbing his hands together as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back