Not open for further replies.
Premiers: United
Morrison medallist: Archard
Runners-up: Echuca
Under achievers: Mansfield
Coach: Quarrell
Highlight: Will come in the finals
Lowlight:Crowd at GV game

Anybody know when the finals venues and draw will be released. Most other leagues have known their's fow a while now.

Premiers: Echuca
Morrison Medallist: Guy Campbell/ Archard
Runners Up- United
Under acheivers:
Coach: Henderson
Highlight: Grand Final Game- Cracker !!!!
Lowlight:

Premiers: Echuca
Morrison Medallist: Guy Campbell/ Archard
Runners Up- United
Under acheivers:
Coach: Henderson
Highlight: Grand Final Game- Cracker !!!!
Lowlight:

Premiers; Mooroopna
Runners Up Echuca
Morrison Medalist Michael ROBERTS/Tyson SIDEBOTTOM
Coach Matt BYERS (Great job with his list)
Underachievers Craig KELLY and Mansfield.

Seymour are cursed this year, Paul Colbert compound break on a finger early in the third quarter which would mean the end of the season for him, there would hardy have been one week this year when they haven't lost a top class footballer. It was a good tight game today until the Cats broke away in the last quarter. Hard to gauge Mooroopna today, they look so classy at times but then switch off which might cost them big time come finals. On a negative note the GVFL is such a high standard league except for the umpiring which at times is pathetic which just causes frustration to the players and thats why a lot of the niggly stuff results. Once again they influenced a game by sending off a Seymour bloke towards the end of the third quarter which was a bit over the top. I would love to hear what the umpires think about their performance, they get paid so they should be accountable to the supporters.

Premiers:
Morrison medallist:
Runners-up:
Under achievers:
Coach:
Highlight:
Lowlight:

Premiers: Echuca - by a streak
Morrison: Ash Watson
Runners-up: United
Coach: Unsure
Highlight: Height booting 7 to win the flag for Echuca
Lowlight: Joel Perry suspended for swearing, the worst decision I have ever heard off.

Premiers: Echuca - by a streak
Morrison: Ash Watson
Runners-up: United
Coach: Unsure
Highlight: Height booting 7 to win the flag for Echuca
Lowlight: Joel Perry suspended for swearing, the worst decision I have ever heard off.

Premiers: Echuca - the best list in the comp by a mile.
Morrison: Tyson Sidebottom
Runners Up: United
Highlight: Brett Warbuton coaching a team of kids and changing the whole culture of the Swans into a RESPECTED club in the GV -Bravo!!
Lowlight: The Euroa coaching fiasco, disappointing that a club couldn't handle this better.

Morrison: Ash Watson (to make up for the 2008 travesty)
Under achievers: Seymour and Mansfield
Highlight: GV interleague. Next year's game against the MPNFL will be a cracker
Lowlight: Split rounds. Feels like there is one every second week!

Morrison top 3 is: Simon Seddon HE'S A STAR / Mick Roberts leads at half way by a mile though. Chris Egan wins in the last vote of the night - well done flash...
Under achievers: MANSFIELD at this stage...I wouldn't want to play them in an elimination final though!!!
Highlight: Luke Jarjoura DOESN'T win the Goalkicking award
Lowlight: Crowds at GV footy in general -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with the crowds? Too low? Too abusive? I've only seen one game this year - Rochester @ Echuca - and the crowd was one of the biggest ever apparently. Are crowd numbers down across the league?

RE : Echuca V's Ky - Hendo's comments in the Shepp News on Friday were spot on, Seddonn , Ogden and Newman, Paul were the dangers.
Seddon 2 assists/ Ogden 1 goal, 3 assists - 64possies between them, why didn't he tag both???
Newman 7 goals - freak!!
Ky had 21 contributors, but make no mistake Echuca still the team to beat.

RE : Echuca V's Ky - Hendo's comments in the Shepp News on Friday were spot on, Seddonn , Ogden and Newman, Paul were the dangers.
Seddon 2 assists/ Ogden 1 goal, 3 assists - 64possies between them, why didn't he tag both???
Newman 7 goals - freak!!
Ky had 21 contributors, but make no mistake Echuca still the team to beat.

Tried a few on Seddon but that was the best individual game I've seen at GV level and our match-ups on Ogden didn' work either. A bad day!

Great win by kyabram, surely Henderson would be feeling the presure with the list at his disposal,everyone says they have the list to win it this season. If he doesnt will be interesting to see if he stays on next season or not.
Habers has agreed to go again next season and both the Colberts have also agreed to go around again.
Lets hope they dont get the injurys they have had this season in 2012.

Tried a few on Seddon but that was the best individual game I've seen at GV level and our match-ups on Ogden didn' work either. A bad day!

Would agree with you Ringo. Echuca are still the team to beat but gee the effort of a few, particularly Egan was surprising.
Every team has a bad day, credit to Ky but any team facing Echuca are going to have to play at their best plus some to beat them in finals.

Great win by kyabram, surely Henderson would be feeling the presure with the list at his disposal,everyone says they have the list to win it this season. If he doesnt will be interesting to see if he stays on next season or not.
Habers has agreed to go again next season and both the Colberts have also agreed to go around again.
Lets hope they dont get the injurys they have had this season in 2012.

I don't think Henderson would call it quits if they didn't win it, there's alot of really good teams in the competition this season and only one team can win. Bit harsh to put a pass or fail mark purely on a premiership...in saying that im sure he wouldn't be happy with anything less.

I don't think Henderson would call it quits if they didn't win it, there's alot of really good teams in the competition this season and only one team can win. Bit harsh to put a pass or fail mark purely on a premiership...in saying that im sure he wouldn't be happy with anything less.

Its not harsh at all to put a pass or fail mark purely on a premiership. Echucas list is by far the most talented in the league, when this is the case a pass mark should definitely be a premiership. Its a coaches job to get the best out of his list, if Henderson does this Echuca win the flag if he doesn't than he has failed. I don't think that is harsh it's just reality and I'm sure Henderson is well aware of this.

Its not harsh at all to put a pass or fail mark purely on a premiership. Echucas list is by far the most talented in the league, when this is the case a pass mark should definitely be a premiership. Its a coaches job to get the best out of his list, if Henderson does this Echuca win the flag if he doesn't than he has failed. I don't think that is harsh it's just reality and I'm sure Henderson is well aware of this.

Could not agree more Connors, with that list, to loose it will be a fail,and dont think if they do loose it, Henderson will get another crack at it :(:(

Could not agree more Connors, with that list, to loose it will be a fail,and dont think if they do loose it, Henderson will get another crack at it :(:(

Whats with the sad eyes? Gee you guys are quick to jump on someone! Last week they were world beaters. They have a good list yes but if blokes all have a bad day then it doesn't matter what
their last nome is! I reckon if they finish 3rd then win the first final watch out! Ky are still a good side and have underachieved more so than anyone bar Mansfield. Perhaps the two best sides are 1 and 2 at the moment.

Whats with the sad eyes? Gee you guys are quick to jump on someone! Last week they were world beaters. They have a good list yes but if blokes all have a bad day then it doesn't matter what
their last nome is! I reckon if they finish 3rd then win the first final watch out! Ky are still a good side and have underachieved more so than anyone bar Mansfield. Perhaps the two best sides are 1 and 2 at the moment.

No one is jumping on anybody mate, the simple fact is if you have the best and most talented list in any comp and don't win than the season is a failure. Surely your not trying to tell me that Echuca have gone out and created the list that they have to finish 2nd or 3rd.
Ky have definitely under acheived in the past 2 seasons. To make 2 grand finals with the sides that they had and not win one is a failure. Don't think anybody at Ky would hide away from that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back