Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also heard strain so 2-3 weeks would be a good outcome. Dorrington broken ribs or punctured lung? taken to hospital in ambulance and played his best game for Rochy today for the year.
Rochy are capable but need to get everyone on the ground injury free to be a serious contender.
Sam Brennan held his own against Kirby today and that was the difference first time around along with Anderson playing adding some heavy work in and under.
Would love to pick an injury free side going into finals but appears will probably have to chance some players being OK to play.
Have at least 3 to add to todays squad in McCarty,McLinden and McPhee. May be added back to the team alphabetically as per above.

The way Dorrington's injury came about yesterday was disappointing. Hope he's pulled up OK. Like you said, played really well yesterday.

Can someone give me info on Saad.. Never seen him play, but must be good.Whats his age. What are his strengths,,has he played at other clubs , what is career goalkicking tally, and is he related to the Saad currently playing at St.Kilda.??

Can someone give me info on Saad.. Never seen him play, but must be good.Whats his age. What are his strengths,,has he played at other clubs , what is career goalkicking tally, and is he related to the Saad currently playing at St.Kilda.??

Don't know his actual age, but pretty sure he's played at Coburg & Northcote Park and had a stint at Carlton, as well as Seymour (obviously). Pretty sure I've heard he's no direct relation to Ahmed. Apart from his phenomenal leap, he's very quick, agile & has a great set of hands. He's hard to match up on because there's not many who can match him in the air, or at ground level, let alone both. When he gets his confidence up he seems to be 'grow a leg' and really cash in.

Don't know his actual age, but pretty sure he's played at Coburg & Northcote Park and had a stint at Carlton, as well as Seymour (obviously). Pretty sure I've heard he's no direct relation to Ahmed. Apart from his phenomenal leap, he's very quick, agile & has a great set of hands. He's hard to match up on because there's not many who can match him in the air, or at ground level, let alone both. When he gets his confidence up he seems to be 'grow a leg' and really cash in.

Sounds very similar to the way you played mate!

Sounds very similar to the way you played mate!

Haha.. Except I used to dint the bonnet of cars parked around the oval chasing the wide ball, plus he's actually talented and he's kicked about 1,000 more goals! In short, it's a bit like saying Khawaja bats the same as Lara because they're both left handers..

Who's going to win the Morrison medal this year..?

Haha.. Except I used to dint the bonnet of cars parked around the oval chasing the wide ball, plus he's actually talented and he's kicked about 1,000 more goals! In short, it's a bit like saying Khawaja bats the same as Lara because they're both left handers..

Luke Morgan by a long way..... But if I was to pick a darkhorse it would be Mitch kiddell...!!

Also heard strain so 2-3 weeks would be a good outcome. Dorrington broken ribs or punctured lung? taken to hospital in ambulance and played his best game for Rochy today for the year.
Rochy are capable but need to get everyone on the ground injury free to be a serious contender.
Sam Brennan held his own against Kirby today and that was the difference first time around along with Anderson playing adding some heavy work in and under.
Would love to pick an injury free side going into finals but appears will probably have to chance some players being OK to play.
Have at least 3 to add to todays squad in McCarty,McLinden and McPhee. May be added back to the team alphabetically as per above.
Rochy would have to be shortening as favorites with the luxury of the quality inclusions that they have. They gave Tatura a touch-up last weekend and with the 'ins' mentioned in the '3xMc' above they look ominous.

I think Brendon Hollow should poll well for Tat. Maybe Tom Sheldon from Ky?

Interesting results today.

Eagle kicked 14 (!) as United flogged the Bears and Seymour lost to Benalla. Rochy beat Kyabram by 17.

Tomorrow's Swans v Mooroopna is massive.
Can't see Benalla losing to Euroa next week so interesting Ky v Tat. Ky wins ladder stays as is in the top 3. But with Tat getting the % booster over Echuca today, they will need to beat Ky by 6pts or more next week to get 2nd. Ky would then finish 3rd. Interesting to see the big 3 figure losses today to Echuca and the Bears....very rare to lose by 100+pts in the GV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans just flogged Mooroopna by 79 points. Kicked 10 goals to one in the last quarter. Swans now in sixth place on percentage.

Swans (112.69%) play Bears
Seymour (111.18%) play Mansfield
Mooroopna (105.99%) play United

Exciting.

Swans just flogged Mooroopna by 79 points. Kicked 10 goals to one in the last quarter. Swans now in sixth place on percentage.

Swans (112.69%) play Bears
Seymour (111.18%) play Mansfield
Mooroopna (105.99%) play United

Exciting.
Swans will finish 6th, and reckon Tat v Ky will be huge because neither side will want to play the Swans in a knockout final. Might just open up for Rochy and United with the winner to go straight into a 2nd Semi I reckon.

Swans will finish 6th, and reckon Tat v Ky will be huge because neither side will want to play the Swans in a knockout final. Might just open up for Rochy and United with the winner to go straight into a 2nd Semi I reckon.

Agreed. Swans have been good this year - knocked off United, Rochy and Mooroopna (twice) and were very competitive against Tatura, Kyabram (twice) and Benalla.

Swans are in great form no doubt but the fact is they have had 6 chances to beat the top 3 this year and have come up short ever time. If tat or Ky have healthy lists to chose from I think they will be too good for the swans. There free running game will get tested big time in the heat of the finals.
Rochy v united will be a cracker to kick off what should be a cracking finals series.

So it all comes down to the final round to see who will be minor premier? If tat beat ky and Benalla win then the saints will go top tat 2nd and ky 3rd... that is a huge incentive for the winner of that game as im sure tat or ky will be weary of a in form swans outfit. What a final chapter to the home and away season for Benalla and its remarkable story if they can snag top spot!! Can anyone confirm if Tatura coach is going around again next year? Have heard he is not that's all

Cant
So it all comes down to the final round to see who will be minor premier? If tat beat ky and Benalla win then the saints will go top tat 2nd and ky 3rd... that is a huge incentive for the winner of that game as im sure tat or ky will be weary of a in form swans outfit. What a final chapter to the home and away season for Benalla and its remarkable story if they can snag top spot!! Can anyone confirm if Tatura coach is going around again next year? Have heard he is not that's all[/quo

Can't find percentages online mate. Tigers any chance to overtake tat and grab the number 3 spot? Looks like they will finish on same points.

So it all comes down to the final round to see who will be minor premier? If tat beat ky and Benalla win then the saints will go top tat 2nd and ky 3rd... that is a huge incentive for the winner of that game as im sure tat or ky will be weary of a in form swans outfit. What a final chapter to the home and away season for Benalla and its remarkable story if they can snag top spot!! Can anyone confirm if Tatura coach is going around again next year? Have heard he is not that's all

Imagine Grigg will go around again. Things seem to have settled down at tat and they are a great chance to go back to back. Still think Ky and Rochy will play off.

Tuff for spots at Rochy:
Dan McLindan will be running around in Reserves.

Probably says more about the standard of the Bendigo Gold team.
Fullback at Gold one week, Rochy 2nds the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back