Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
find it hard to believe that m,pna are fighting for a finals spot to be honest! the late desparate recruiting just hasn't worked for them and the players they got come with big cv,s and reputations but it just hasn't clicked! question is have m,pna gone to early in giving blake Campbell another 2 years???? not sure why it had to be done and in my eyes the recruiting he done this year stunk of a desparate coach not wanting to develop kids instead of wanting glory straight up!! Thoughts????

They
find it hard to believe that m,pna are fighting for a finals spot to be honest! the late desparate recruiting just hasn't worked for them and the players they got come with big cv,s and reputations but it just hasn't clicked! question is have m,pna gone to early in giving blake Campbell another 2 years???? not sure why it had to be done and in my eyes the recruiting he done this year stunk of a desparate coach not wanting to develop kids instead of wanting glory straight up!! Thoughts????

They do the same thing every year don't they? Recruit guns they stay for 1-2 years then piss off and the process starts again. Don't think they have ever been a team to develop their own.

Not sure I agree there fellas, I'm pretty sure over 80% of their list would be local based and would've come through the junior system. No different to most other sides really
I was more concerned with what they recruited and at what time of the year? Not many fly ins have really worked and when its march and with other teams already recruited heavily why not focus on that 80% and turn it into 95%

They

They do the same thing every year don't they? Recruit guns they stay for 1-2 years then piss off and the process starts again. Don't think they have ever been a team to develop their own.
Name me one club that doesn't recruit 1-2 guns that only hang around for a couple of years? If you have a look at there team from the weekend I'd think you'd find that 16-17 of players where local!

Name me one club that doesn't recruit 1-2 guns that only hang around for a couple of years? If you have a look at there team from the weekend I'd think you'd find that 16-17 of players where local!

Must be turning over a new lead coz surely u would have to agree tht they have done this in the past? And they do have a good local base of kids at the moment so should stick with it!

I was more concerned with what they recruited and at what time of the year? Not many fly ins have really worked and when its march and with other teams already recruited heavily why not focus on that 80% and turn it into 95%
Linc Withers won a Morrison Medal flying in, but I do agree that not many have worked over the duration. Sometimes going to that 95% is a risk as well, just look at the Shepp Bears. I don't think their balance is too bad, yes long distance travelers aren't ideal, but from what I can see the kids that are up to playing senior football and deserve a game are getting plenty of opportunities.

I see Saad has kicked his 700th goal in the GVFL.

Is there a list of leading goal kickers and if so who are the leaders ?

I see Saad has kicked his 700th goal in the GVFL.

Is there a list of leading goal kickers and if so who are the leaders ?
Not sure...would be good if the GVFL sporting pulse website had a list like O&M does.. Chris Stuhldreier would be around 500 but could have got 1000, except he went to Lavington after Kyabram and kicked another 400+ up there...

Not sure...would be good if the GVFL sporting pulse website had a list like O&M does.. Chris Stuhldreier would be around 500 but could have got 1000, except he went to Lavington after Kyabram and kicked another 400+ up there...
Am hearing that euroa maybe chasing Hendo to coach them next year

Must be tough for a former AFL player to have to play twos at country level. Spit it at AFL level and no one cares - don't let the door hit you on the way out, do it at this level and someone else will stump up the cash for you next year. Given the lifeline he was given at Echuca one would hope that the problem has nothing to do with being dropped otherwise it reflects poorly on the individual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Egan has quit the Shepp Swans...things going well down there!!!
They obviously don't need him anyway since they have knocked off Seymour away last week and an upset win today against United without him! Another upset today with Mansfield knocking off Benalla!

They obviously don't need him anyway since they have knocked off Seymour away last week and an upset win today against United without him! Another upset today with Mansfield knocking off Benalla!

Two very surprising results. United are incredibly inconsistent and maybe the young Benalla are fading?

Makes the Tat-Rochy game interesting next week. Tat can overtake Benalla and take second spot for the double chance. Rochy can't really move up to third.

uniteds bubble has burst I think!! Quarrell time is up and time for a new voice so he is getting out at right time... Spent up big this year again yet sit 5th.. huge disappointment in my eyes

uniteds bubble has burst I think!! Quarrell time is up and time for a new voice so he is getting out at right time... Spent up big this year again yet sit 5th.. huge disappointment in my eyes
true at this stage, but if they win first final and 3 gets rolled again, they will find themselves playing off for a Grand Final berth and will finish top 3.

true at this stage, but if they win first final and 3 gets rolled again, they will find themselves playing off for a Grand Final berth and will finish top 3.
a lot of if,s and buts there hank but yeh until finals is over we will find out I spose... on other hand the swans are on the verge of becoming a force over next year or 2 with there list and also if they snag 2 or 3 stars to add to it they will be flying.

a lot of if,s and buts there hank but yeh until finals is over we will find out I spose... on other hand the swans are on the verge of becoming a force over next year or 2 with there list and also if they snag 2 or 3 stars to add to it they will be flying.

Wouldn't write united off. Very inconsistent side but have played some good footy this year! Also I think swans r a quality side could have easily beaten 3 flag contenders in ky, benella and rochy so I think they r travelling alright and will most likely finish 6th! Wouldn't wanna finish 3rd this year!

Marco you must be a swans man after potting United and Cats lately???
Don't forget Swans invented the Fly in players a few years ago...
How long does Warburton need to succeed? You would hope after the amount of time he has spent in the drivers seat he would of had success by now???

Hey? After all their imports left 3-4 few years ago he inhereted a team with an average age of about 20/21 years. He added a couple of imports/mature players, Egan being the main one, and this year added a couple more with the blokes from Geelong. These additions with maturing youngsters have made them competitive with every team this year and likely to play finals in a year when the comp is the strongest its been for a while. The main point being he has done it based around a group of young players, who a 3-4 years ago were in the bottom couple of teams in the comp

I think he's done a great job and if they all stick around next year, they will push higher on the ladder still as the young guys continue to mature.

Hey? After all their imports left 3-4 few years ago he inhereted a team with an average age of about 20/21 years. He added a couple of imports/mature players, Egan being the main one, and this year added a couple more with the blokes from Geelong. These additions with maturing youngsters have made them competitive with every team this year and likely to play finals in a year when the comp is the strongest its been for a while. The main point being he has done it based around a group of young players, who a 3-4 years ago were in the bottom couple of teams in the comp

I think he's done a great job and if they all stick around next year, they will push higher on the ladder still as the young guys continue to mature.

Haha what a joke! He was forced to build around young kids because the club was flat broke after perry mekka had his year at the helm! Now starting to find their feet and recruit Again! Worked out pretty well for them thou, recruit a couple more next year and they should be right up there

FINALS

Week one:
Saturday, September 7: Elimination final one: Third v sixth at Euroa’s Memorial Oval
Elimination final two: Fourth v fifth at Kyabram Recreation Reserve
Sunday, September 8: Qualifying final: First v second
Week two:
Saturday, September 14: First semi-final: Qualifying final loser v lower-ranked elimination final winner at Rochester’s Moon Oval
Sunday, September 15:Second semi-final: Qualifying final winner v higher-ranked elimination final winner at Benalla Showgrounds
Week three:
Sunday, September 22: Preliminary final: Second semi-final loser v first semi-final winner at Shepparton’s Deakin Reserve
Week four:
Sunday, September 29: Grand final: Second semi-final winner v preliminary final winner at Shepparton’s Deakin Reserve

FINALS

Week one:
Saturday, September 7: Elimination final one: Third v sixth at Euroa’s Memorial Oval
Week two:
Saturday, September 14: First semi-final: Qualifying final loser v lower-ranked elimination final winner at Rochester’s Moon Oval
Sunday, September 15:Second semi-final: Qualifying final winner v higher-ranked elimination final winner at Benalla Showgrounds
Week three:
Sunday, September 22: Preliminary final: Second semi-final loser v first semi-final winner at Shepparton’s Deakin Reserve
Week four:
Sunday, September 29: Grand final: Second semi-final winner v preliminary final winner at Shepparton’s Deakin Reserve
Presumably the Shepp Bears and United get to keep all the takings from food and beverage sales every year from the Prelim and Grand Final. Do the other clubs who don't get a final get looked after by the league to even up this cash injection for these two clubs?

FINALS

Week one:
Week two:
Week three:
Week four:
Qualifying final at mooroopna!!!

Seymour on the look out for a new coach, not sure if this is old news but from an outsider I think he's done a good job to have them pushing for a finals spot with all the injuries they've had n players that moved on after the granny last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back