Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey just wondering if anyone can give me any info on a bloke named chris koy? Apparently he used to play for seymour, he's up in qld now and wants to have a run with us, he has big wraps on himself, im just wondering if they're valid? Cheers.
There's a player same name playing with South Burnett.

Does anyone know where I can find out what time the interleague matches are v Geelong. I can't find it on the GVFL or the VCFL websites...I have to be at Williamstown on the Saturday night so thought I might nick down to Geelong first if it is around the 2-3pm start and have a look.

Think the selectors have done a very good job in selecting the initial squad. lots of forward options and versatility in the playing list. the one thing that may be of concern is the lack of genuine pace and leg speed.
Are others of this opinion and in the" ideal world" of no injuries and all players available what would the best team look like? Some terrific players would miss particularly key forwards.

Think the selectors have done a very good job in selecting the initial squad. lots of forward options and versatility in the playing list. the one thing that may be of concern is the lack of genuine pace and leg speed.
Are others of this opinion and in the" ideal world" of no injuries and all players available what would the best team look like? Some terrific players would miss particularly key forwards.

I agree jaggo, I also think they have chosen a elite side but yes they haven't really picked any outside speed its fair to say they have gone with a more physical side rather then a mixed playing group. Yes the team have some great names in there and some experienced players but we need some youth and speed not only for this year but the next few years so we can build a great future for GVFL footy.
what players come to mind that can fulfil this?

Echuca to get archard & buckley back from injury, as well as farrelly from bendigo gold.... Could be a cracking game over at mooroopna on sat! But do the murray bombers have anyone to take Lewis?

I agree jaggo, I also think they have chosen a elite side but yes they haven't really picked any outside speed its fair to say they have gone with a more physical side rather then a mixed playing group. Yes the team have some great names in there and some experienced players but we need some youth and speed not only for this year but the next few years so we can build a great future for GVFL footy.
what players come to mind that can fulfil this?
You're dreaming aren't you? You build a club side over several years not an inter league side. Using your theory if you happen to have 24 ex AFL guns come to the GVFL, you don't pick a number of them just so you can give a few young kids a run. I don't think so, you pick your strongest side available.

You're dreaming aren't you? You build a club side over several years not an inter league side. Using your theory if you happen to have 24 ex AFL guns come to the GVFL, you don't pick a number of them just so you can give a few young kids a run. I don't think so, you pick your strongest side available.

You simply pick a side that you think can win. That means a balanced team so if you think you are a bit slow over the ground then maybe you need to leave a gun out who is not quick in order to get a very very good player in who has some pace. Balance

Tigers are getting quiet a touch up by the Swans,

Swans up by 30 with 15 min to go.

Updated::: Swans won by 26

They played a great team game.

Tigers are getting quiet a touch up by the Swans,

Swans up by 30 with 15 min to go.

Updated::: Swans won by 26

They played a great team game.

Rochy need to have a good hard look at themselves as some arent up to it and others get the ball and consistently turn it over. The only way they will improve and beat better teams is being able to hit targets. Delivery into the forward line was terrible and smashed around the centre of the ground. Having the Gold players back in today did nothing for them.

Looking at this stage to be the overrated side of the GV.

Rochy need to have a good hard look at themselves as some arent up to it and others get the ball and consistently turn it over. The only way they will improve and beat better teams is being able to hit targets. Delivery into the forward line was terrible and smashed around the centre of the ground. Having the Gold players back in today did nothing for them.

Looking at this stage to be the overrated side of the GV.

Agree Big Arab.
Once Rochy contested the ball they stopped, the swans continued onto the next contest, Dan Lovick did it time after time.
No more obvious than in two contests in the last quarter when Rochy or actually Rat were making a run for it and Lovick and Bowen contested the mark across half forward. Both times while Bowen was still on the ground playing for a free, Lovick had run off and and gained touches further down the ground resulting in the swans last 2 goals. Not great leadership.
And when will the heat come on Weeks.

Agree Big Arab.
Once Rochy contested the ball they stopped, the swans continued onto the next contest, Dan Lovick did it time after time.
No more obvious than in two contests in the last quarter when Rochy or actually Rat were making a run for it and Lovick and Bowen contested the mark across half forward. Both times while Bowen was still on the ground playing for a free, Lovick had run off and and gained touches further down the ground resulting in the swans last 2 goals. Not great leadership.
And when will the heat come on Weeks.

Weeks is a leading FF. One on one if the ball hits the ground very good. The only way he will kick goals is if some good delivery is made into the forward line. Last week kicked 8 when ball delivered so not really an argument. Delivery from HB through the ground to all players has to improve. I would have thought Rochy had a fairly skillful team but it appears too many trying to kick 50 metres down a line and that goes especially for the younger players. Not every kick has to go as far as it can be kicked. Eyes down and hit a target and LOOK SIDEWAYS FFS. Dont know how many kicks are going to a contest when they could be uncontested and run through the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weeks is a leading FF. One on one if the ball hits the ground very good. The only way he will kick goals is if some good delivery is made into the forward line. Last week kicked 8 when ball delivered so not really an argument. Delivery from HB through the ground to all players has to improve. I would have thought Rochy had a fairly skillful team but it appears too many trying to kick 50 metres down a line and that goes especially for the younger players. Not every kick has to go as far as it can be kicked. Eyes down and hit a target and LOOK SIDEWAYS FFS. Dont know how many kicks are going to a contest when they could be uncontested and run through the ground.

Yepp thts the way of rochy, blame the young kids! The game was won and lost in the middle, rochys backline kept swans to 9 goals at 3 quarter time and I'm sure anyone who was at game would tell u the ball was getting pumped in their continuously time after time, with the exception of Ben McPhee (19 years old) there r no young blokes in rochys midfield! They don't man up, don't run back and help out the defence, didnt see one midfielder help to fill a hole all day and their kicking skills were awful. Vale, green, knight guys who should kick the ball well butchered it and ffs put ash Watson in the middle, don't sit him on a wing very poor coaching from whitey

I hope that person who puts Echuca's best players(v Mooroopna)on the GVFL website does not get a voting card! What a bloody joke. No Buckley, Morris, Williams, Toulman mentioned. Pollock clearly their best player on Saturday. This has happened once before. It's not U12's where you share the awards!!!

Didn't get to the Swans Rochy game, did Rochy perhaps underestimate the Swans. Reading the interview with Peter White in the Shepp News he thought that the Swans when put under pressure would turn the ball over easily and he didn't really rate the Swans Big men saying that his big men would cover them easily?

Didn't get to the Swans Rochy game, did Rochy perhaps underestimate the Swans. Reading the interview with Peter White in the Shepp News he thought that the Swans when put under pressure would turn the ball over easily and he didn't really rate the Swans Big men saying that his big men would cover them easily?

Rochy cannot win the flag this year, can't believe people continue to rate them. Too old Too slow Too predictable

I hope that person who puts Echuca's best players(v Mooroopna)on the GVFL website does not get a voting card! What a bloody joke. No Buckley, Morris, Williams, Toulman mentioned. Pollock clearly their best player on Saturday. This has happened once before. It's not U12's where you share the awards!!!

How is Jordan Williams going? I'm sure the vote cards would reflect who played well but I think there are more pressing issues for Echuca to address. Hopefully they can turn it around V Seymour next week. Desperately need Archard back up and running

Rochy cannot win the flag this year, can't believe people continue to rate them. Too old Too slow Too predictable

Too Old? 4 players over 24 years of age. Too Slow? compared to which team?
The way they played Saturday wasnt predictable as worst skills on display I have not seen in a senior GV game. The gap closes considerably if they have Smith playing.

Too Old? 4 players over 24 years of age. Too Slow? compared to which team?
The way they played Saturday wasnt predictable as worst skills on display I have not seen in a senior GV game. The gap closes considerably if they have Smith playing.

They were too slow last year and are still too slow this year. They will finish 4-7th and not threaten the top couple of sides. They have some A Graders but still rely on too few. The Swans are on a par with them at the moment but the Swans have more players with upside

Yepp thts the way of rochy, blame the young kids! The game was won and lost in the middle, rochys backline kept swans to 9 goals at 3 quarter time and I'm sure anyone who was at game would tell u the ball was getting pumped in their continuously time after time, with the exception of Ben McPhee (19 years old) there r no young blokes in rochys midfield! They don't man up, don't run back and help out the defence, didnt see one midfielder help to fill a hole all day and their kicking skills were awful. Vale, green, knight guys who should kick the ball well butchered it and ffs put ash Watson in the middle, don't sit him on a wing very poor coaching from whitey

Give me the names of who should be playing onball for Rochy and answer me why isnt Brian onball as we recruited him for this position.
I cant see anyone who hasnt been given a chance and should be first choice but interested to read your picks.
Vale(21yo) and Green(24yo) arent exactly near retirement so argument of old blokes can only be Moon(30yo) and Knight(28yo).

Ill await your names as very interested.

How is Jordan Williams going? I'm sure the vote cards would reflect who played well but I think there are more pressing issues for Echuca to address. Hopefully they can turn it around V Seymour next week. Desperately need Archard back up and running
Williams was solid, he was BOG the week before against United, even with Perkovic hanging off him.

Give me the names of who should be playing onball for Rochy and answer me why isnt Brian onball as we recruited him for this position.
I cant see anyone who hasnt been given a chance and should be first choice but interested to read your picks.
Vale(21yo) and Green(24yo) arent exactly near retirement so argument of old blokes can only be Moon(30yo) and Knight(28yo).

Ill await your names as very interested.

Vale is not 21, would be close to 23 now. If u read my post correctly u will see that i never said their should be young blokes in the middle, just dont blame the young blokes for the loss, when the game was clearly lost in the middle by the so called experience heads. But now that u mention it, Nathan McCarty and Ben McPhee play vfl in the midfield, yet McCarty sits in a forward pocket and Mcphee only recieves half a game at best, bit pf a waste dont u think? Y not sit knight on a back flank as tht is where he plays his best football and from what i saw was not tagging any of the swans midfield. Rochy r generally slow in the midfield, and need the pace of McPhee, McCarty and Brain dont u agree?

Vale is not 21, would be close to 23 now. If u read my post correctly u will see that i never said their should be young blokes in the middle, just dont blame the young blokes for the loss, when the game was clearly lost in the middle by the so called experience heads. But now that u mention it, Nathan McCarty and Ben McPhee play vfl in the midfield, yet McCarty sits in a forward pocket and Mcphee only recieves half a game at best, bit pf a waste dont u think? Y not sit knight on a back flank as tht is where he plays his best football and from what i saw was not tagging any of the swans midfield. Rochy r generally slow in the midfield, and need the pace of McPhee, McCarty and Brain dont u agree?

You answered your own question. McPhee and McCarty arent available most weeks so they are the exceptions.
Pretty sure the comment was
"with the exception of Ben McPhee (19 years old) there r no young blokes in rochys midfield!" Your comment I think you have just agreed is wrong unless at 23 & 24 your too old to play midfield.
Was Knight named best for Rochy last week? Pretty sure he played HBF, Wing, HFF and Midfield. Not sure there is a lot of logic as if your named in the best as Green was also most people probably think you went alright.
Its OK to defend the younger players and I think Gledhill would be close to leading B&F at present and Nick OConnor has improved again this year but where is the rest of the younger group? When you make these comments half the parents of the group go off saying dont get a fair go but also the younger players dont influence games over 4 quarters
Go back through the GV website and see week in who is in the best. Might surprise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back