Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a crock, the side was 11-1 at that stage!!!

#hiddenagendas. #vindictive. #waytoonegative
If you're going to call into question the integrity of the 2 assistants named above then I'm calling troll.

You set up and account on the same day as you start spitting venom about how other posters are posting rubbish. Now you're accusing said assistants of having hidden agendas? Because a club wide conspiracy against the coach and his under performing nephew is a more plausible explanation for what's going on? Nice try.

The 2 assistants are men of substance. Intelligent, honorable, clubmen with integrity. You would be misinformed or a poor judge of character to believe otherwise.

What a crock, the side was 11-1 at that stage!!!

#hiddenagendas. #vindictive. #waytoonegative

Stop it mate,you're embarrassing yourself! And seeing you know the 'truth' why don't you post it?? Bottom line is that there has been rumblings at Tat! Mark Simsem is a big loss-been involved in 3 GVFL flags in past 10 or so years.

Stop it mate,you're embarrassing yourself! And seeing you know the 'truth' why don't you post it?? Bottom line is that there has been rumblings at Tat! Mark Simsem is a big loss-been involved in 3 GVFL flags in past 10 or so years.
The players must be ok with the coach if as stated Kirbs and Linc taking over the roles? If players weren't happy, I doubt if they would put their hand up for those positions.
The statement in the Shep news said the final decision must be with the senior coach. I would be surprised if every assistant coach in the comp agrees with their senior coach 100% of the time and it would be a boring dull society if we all thought and acted the same! Would these sort of things normally be discussed at end of year reviews rather than walking out mid season over disagreements?

The players must be ok with the coach if as stated Kirbs and Linc taking over the roles? If players weren't happy, I doubt if they would put their hand up for those positions.
The statement in the Shep news said the final decision must be with the senior coach. I would be surprised if every assistant coach in the comp agrees with their senior coach 100% of the time and it would be a boring dull society if we all thought and acted the same! Would these sort of things normally be discussed at end of year reviews rather than walking out mid season over disagreements?
It would take more than simple disagreements with the coach for these two to walk.

I agree that the final decision should be with the Senior coach. Except for when there is a conflict of interest. Sean, as a member of numerous committees you would no doubt be familiar with the common practice of committee members removing themselves from decisions where a conflict of interest exists on principle.

I acknowledge that in a football club environment there will be many links between players and the selection committee so it isn't easy to manage. But if I was involved with a committee where I felt the chair who had a conflict of interest was overriding the committee, which in my personal opinion was not in the interest of the group the committee represented, then I would be inclined to stand down as well.

That said, good on Linc and Kirbs for stepping up to fill the void.

You would think that the buckstops with senior coach if he is playing someone who doesn't deserve it he will be found out, you would hope that the coach would have the whole group as the priority with a great start to season I would think the club should just back him to the hilt .He in the end lives and dies by the sword,decisions determine destiny. Assistant coaches and players should be working it out in house
Totally agree. This entire saga should have been kept in house. Loose lips sink ships!!!!!! The public information in Shepp News etc makes Tatura establishment personnel look like temper tantrum throwing two year olds.....................

It would take more than simple disagreements with the coach for these two to walk.

I agree that the final decision should be with the Senior coach. Except for when there is a conflict of interest. Sean, as a member of numerous committees you would no doubt be familiar with the common practice of committee members removing themselves from decisions where a conflict of interest exists on principle.

I acknowledge that in a football club environment there will be many links between players and the selection committee so it isn't easy to manage. But if I was involved with a committee where I felt the chair who had a conflict of interest was overriding the committee, which in my personal opinion was not in the interest of the group the committee represented, then I would be inclined to stand down as well.

That said, good on Linc and Kirbs for stepping up to fill the void.
Well said again Harry! Unfortunately I have also had a few experiences on committees where members have not removed themselves when there is a conflict of interest. It makes it harder when it is the person at the top, like a chairperson or president, as they are the ones who are supposed to keep these type of issues in control.
So if it is a common occurrence when the person at the top, as in the case the senior coach, is acting as a dictator with little diplomacy, I guess these sort of outcomes can arise :(
Hope everyone can gel now and finish the year off strong and have a crack at going back to back...go Doggies!

Well said again Harry! Unfortunately I have also had a few experiences on committees where members have not removed themselves when there is a conflict of interest. It makes it harder when it is the person at the top, like a chairperson or president, as they are the ones who are supposed to keep these type of issues in control.
So if it is a common occurrence when the person at the top, as in the case the senior coach, is acting as a dictator with little diplomacy, I guess these sort of outcomes can arise :(
Hope everyone can gel now and finish the year off strong and have a crack at going back to back...go Doggies!

What a shit situation

The other top sides would be loving all this talk about Tat and their issues. Ky, benalla & united will be rubbing their hands together. Not ideal at this time of year.
Of course they will be! But now that the issues at Tat are being dealt with the team can concentrate on playing football again.

You mistake anti-Melbourne for pro-long term survival of the club. These same long time supporters know what it took to earn the thousands of dollars that spent on out of town recruits every year. They're the ones who volunteer their time to stand behind the bar, serve meals at horse shows and dairy week, Sell raffle tickets, buy the bloody things as well, spend countless hours away from their families to sit on club committees, serve at the canteen, man the gate and more than likely pulled the jumper or netball skirt on for the club in the past.

They don't do it begrudgingly. They do it because they understand how the football world works and this is how you remain competitive. But they do expect that any player selected in the senior side is worthy of it.

The club learned some valuable lessons during the mid 2000s. Success is fantastic but success at all costs is dangerous. It's no exaggeration to say that the club was on the brink of ruin and those long term supporters dug deep to get the club back on it's feet.

Like every club Tat has supporters who whinge about anything but when a senior assistant who has coached 3rds, sat on the committee, won bulldog of they year and typified what it meant to "play for the jumper" in his playing years stands down you know this is more than you're making it out to be.

These are the long time supporters who will be at the club long after many of these Melbourne recruits are gone. If you don't think what they have to say is important then you will never understand what it means to "play for the jumper".

Outstanding post, unfortunately this kind of situation happens alot in footy clubs. I know for a fact it has happened recently at another GFVL club. Too many clubs have numerous positions within the club being filled by mates in liew of the best people for the job. Many arer mates clubs!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting round. United-Mansfield play out a draw, Tatura flogged Seymour (wonder what our friend Chalpat Sonti will say about that) and Rochester outlasted the Swans. Mooroopna now has a sneaky chance to replace Seymour in the finals.

Listened to the Rochy game and it was a solid win considering Ash Watson, Sam Vale, Nathan McCarty and Dan McLinden all missed. Weeks (8 goals), Gestier (5 goals), Brain, Green and Anderson (in his first game) played well.

Exciting times.

Interesting round. United-Mansfield play out a draw, Tatura flogged Seymour (wonder what our friend Chalpat Sonti will say about that) and Rochester outlasted the Swans. Mooroopna now has a sneaky chance to replace Seymour in the finals.

Listened to the Rochy game and it was a solid win considering Ash Watson, Sam Vale, Nathan McCarty and Dan McLinden all missed. Weeks (8 goals), Gestier (5 goals), Brain, Green and Anderson (in his first game) played well.

Exciting times.

Was listening also and I thought I heard a few times Lovick was playing on Weeks? Anyone confirm as both got best players for their team?

Was listening also and I thought I heard a few times Lovick was playing on Weeks? Anyone confirm as both got best players for their team?

Haha your kidding right? Lovick go on weeks? Weeks and giester kick 13 between them and lovick still tries to play the sweeper role and was absolutely toweled up by James brain in the 2nd half! Could not believe he was named best for them! Grow some balls and man up the key forwards

Haha your kidding right? Lovick go on weeks? Weeks and giester kick 13 between them and lovick still tries to play the sweeper role and was absolutely toweled up by James brain in the 2nd half! Could not believe he was named best for them! Grow some balls and man up the key forwards
he hasn't played on the best forward all year
play loose against ky and thats why that got done.

Big win by the Bulldogs yesterday. Have things sorted themselves out over at the kennel?

Was chatting to a Seymour player today, said they were pretty good yesty. Seem to be a few names missing too so may get a touch stronger yet on the run towards September.

Was chatting to a Seymour player today, said they were pretty good yesty. Seem to be a few names missing too so may get a touch stronger yet on the run towards September.
Kirby and Lovell are two that shouldnt be far from a return, Lovell might even have to take Grigg's spot ;)

Johno I actually agree with you for once, couldn't believe Lovick was best when Weeks had a day out!!!
Warburton needs a good kick up the A$%e he continually plays Lovick and Riordan floating when opposition big forwards flog them. Why play the kids on the big forwards when they get killed! It feels like warburton wants to look after the big names at his club while he destroys the kids

And they were flogged yesterday, i know it's not lovick or riordans fault but god, finals on the line do or die was a strange move really. Also luke giester is under rated as a tall forward, teams usually don't put strong match ups on him and he hurts then regularly. Would be interesting to see which forwards duo has the most goals between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back