Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with everyone predicting Mansfield to be terrible again this year? I have heard they have lost a couple of class players in Burbury, Richmond and Gavalas but they weren't that far off finals last year?

What's with everyone predicting Mansfield to be terrible again this year? I have heard they have lost a couple of class players in Burbury, Richmond and Gavalas but they weren't that far off finals last year?

They were a long way off. I watched them once last year and they got an old fashioned flogging at Moon Oval so losing Burbury in particular will not help the situation. Gavalas was the big muscular full back I think ... Looked like Tarzan and played like Jane. Didn't rate him. Unless they have recruited 6 quality players they will not challange for finals.

They were a long way off. I watched them once last year and they got an old fashioned flogging at Moon Oval so losing Burbury in particular will not help the situation. Gavalas was the big muscular full back I think ... Looked like Tarzan and played like Jane. Didn't rate him. Unless they have recruited 6 quality players they will not challange for finals.

oh really? i only saw them play once, up at ky when they won in a thriller playing some pretty good footy. they did rely on burbury, but that gavalas completely dominated big Burstin, i thought he looked okay. Yeah thats the problem for them though isn't it, small town means less locals and you rely on recruiting. The points system will probably hurt them in the future too.

also, have benella lost a couple?

oh really? i only saw them play once, up at ky when they won in a thriller playing some pretty good footy. they did rely on burbury, but that gavalas completely dominated big Burstin, i thought he looked okay. Yeah thats the problem for them though isn't it, small town means less locals and you rely on recruiting. The points system will probably hurt them in the future too.

Yes mate Benalla have lost Mellington, Lachie Smith, Wolff and a number of lesser known players. I believe a few of their 2nds premiership side have departed also so they wont have as much depth this year. Will still be thereabouts in my opinion.

Benalla lost

Benalla have lost more then a couple, lost around 11 of their players from the grand final, will really struggle to make the 6 I reckon! Will still be competitive but won't challenge for the flag by any means.

Yes mate Benalla have lost Mellington, Lachie Smith, Wolff and a number of lesser known players. I believe a few of their 2nds premiership side have departed also so they wont have as much depth this year. Will still be thereabouts in my opinion.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I have heard they have lost ( from the premiership side) Smith, J. Mellington (thief), Wolf, B. Martyn, Guppy, Colbert, Mennen, N. Mellington, Exton and J. Pallprat wont play all year cause of his knee and N Warnock with a ruptured spleen. With all those outs I can hardly see them making the 6, they lost their whole backline, and forward line.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I have heard they have lost ( from the premiership side) Smith, J. Mellington (thief), Wolf, B. Martyn, Guppy, Colbert, Mennen, N. Mellington, Exton and J. Pallprat wont play all year cause of his knee and N Warnock with a ruptured spleen. With all those outs I can hardly see them making the 6, they lost their whole backline, and forward line.

Apparently Warnock should be ready for round 1 v Rocheste,r according to Coach Morgan. Not sure if his spleen was ruptured but rather bruised?

I see they have recruited a couple from the EDFL and with Morgan, the Marinello's, Marchbank (I think his brother might heading Benalla way also), Priest and a fit Warnock they still have some quality. I will tell you after Rochy play them in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

The finished eighth last year, but they were a fair bit off the top teams - Benalla flogged them twice (kept them goalless the second time and lost by 169 points) and Rochy and Seymour easily beat them. Swans easily won the first time, the second time was closer. Euroa flogged them the first round, but were fading the second time they met and Mansfield won by four points. They also ran Kyabram close.

With their losses and Echuca, Tatura and the Shepparton teams all improving they would probably slip down the ladder a fair bit.

Benalla lost

Benalla have lost more then a couple, lost around 11 of their players from the grand final, will really struggle to make the 6 I reckon! Will still be competitive but won't challenge for the flag by any means.
But got still a young group with time on their side to keep improving , they are hungry & know they have a desire for more than one on their résumé. Will go deep again , is Sam Martyn still with them ?

Ky beat Echuca by 4 goals today/tonight. Not sure of the strength of the sides. Morgan didn't play for Ky. Echuca lead by 5 goals for the first half but Ky pegged them back. Think Echuca would be happy with the hit out.
Great game with a big crowd....Echuca's first half was the best footy they have played since 2011 .
Tall , fast ,plenty of run, good delivery......Buckley is a class act, new blokes Willis and Street are
l great additions as well as Reid, Holmes and No. 3....showed lots of dash. They still have Pollock, Beattie and the new foward Allan to come in.....will play finals for sure.
Ky, after being 5 goals down at half time, worked and ran harder in the second half, to kick 9 goals to none.
Got back into the game through Pettifer(6 or 7 goals) L Smith across half back chopped of everything ,
Williams and Childs on ball, and Rhys Clarke was also very good in defence.
Were without Morgan,Burstin and Gemmill...so plenty of good ins also.

Played like 4 points were on the line......pity GVFL didn't play a match on Easter......bumper crowd.

Great game with a big crowd....Echuca's first half was the best footy they have played since 2011 .
Tall , fast ,plenty of run, good delivery......Buckley is a class act, new blokes Willis and Street are
l great additions as well as Reid, Holmes and No. 3....showed lots of dash. They still have Pollock, Beattie and the new foward Allan to come in.....will play finals for sure.
Ky, after being 5 goals down at half time, worked and ran harder in the second half, to kick 9 goals to none.
Got back into the game through Pettifer(6 or 7 goals) L Smith across half back chopped of everything ,
Williams and Childs on ball, and Rhys Clarke was also very good in defence.
Were without Morgan,Burstin and Gemmill...so plenty of good ins also.

Played like 4 points were on the line......pity GVFL didn't play a match on Easter......bumper crowd.

Agree with comment about Easter. 1 off games on Good Friday and Saturday ( maybe 2 if 1 under lights)
would be a great start for the lucky clubs getting these games. Plenty of people around visiting family at this time of year and looking for something to do. Clubs would be jumping at the games as a free hit in finance department of the club and would make plenty no matter where the game is located.

Even if clubs were prepared to have a bye during the year and bring games forward I think it would work. Only downside is that in the GV that means about 6 weeks you dont play with split rounds and byes.

J PallPRATT (in name and by nature) for his sake is probably best not on the field given the amount of adverse attention he would of recieved as a result of his post grand final messaging and gutless keyboard warrior antics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with comment about Easter. 1 off games on Good Friday and Saturday ( maybe 2 if 1 under lights)
would be a great start for the lucky clubs getting these games. Plenty of people around visiting family at this time of year and looking for something to do. Clubs would be jumping at the games as a free hit in finance department of the club and would make plenty no matter where the game is located.

Even if clubs were prepared to have a bye during the year and bring games forward I think it would work. Only downside is that in the GV that means about 6 weeks you dont play with split rounds and byes.
Or the GVFL think outside of the square and compress the season, but it would mean giving up the last Australian football grand final being played in the entire universe for the year.

Or the GVFL think outside of the square and compress the season, but it would mean giving up the last Australian football grand final being played in the entire universe for the year.
The GVL grand final is Sunday 25 Sept this year the weekend before the AFL granny .

J PallPRATT (in name and by nature) for his sake is probably best not on the field given the amount of adverse attention he would of recieved as a result of his post grand final messaging and gutless keyboard warrior antics.
I am sure the footy club would be disappointed with the dribble this bloke puts on Twitter

I am sure the footy club would be disappointed with the dribble this bloke puts on Twitter
Aswell as embarrassed to have him play for the club, some of his work here, a typical pallprat! Yes beamma I would think for his own safety it would be better for him to fake this sore knee, as you mentioned he will be getting a lot of attention on the field by most clubs, especially Kyabram from the recent incident.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for attaching the twitter thread MIB63 it just typifies what a PRATT he is. #keepup ex Benalla player - only ex due to injury. Benalla can only hope he truly is ex because he and a few mindless others have certainly damaged or perhaps more correctly further damaged the image and respect others have for this club.

Daniel Lewis won't be running around the GV this year he rang Tat today and is staying in the NT .

But got still a young group with time on their side to keep improving , they are hungry & know they have a desire for more than one on their résumé. Will go deep again , is Sam Martyn still with them ?
Sam Martyn is still there. Glad to see that people have so easily written Benalla off this year, but don't be surprised if they stay around the top end of the ladder again. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvement in a lot of young players that have all ready shown a bit against Albury and Wang Rovers. Can't wait for the first game against Rochy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back