Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worlds changing.. Political correctness gone too far......

Think he may be referring to the Jarred Bacon variety... a few more on way out could be the case as well

Was actually surprised Jarred Bacon played this year johnno as heard some rumblings from those close to him at the end of 2016. Assuming Rochy's loss is LBU's gain.
Who else? Anderson is gone to Heathcote.
From watching Stroobants' demeanor in the final at Euroa and a few times earlier I wouldn't mind guessing he is potentially gonski!!

Ahhh see thats where the tie is...he is replacing Walker .....plot thickens. I believe the Murray Bombers have also signed exciting small forward Isaac Johnson who will return home from GWV Rebels Tac Club

Nuggety little player who played in the dominant St Patrick's College Herald Shield sides Ringo. Well actually, I believe they lost the two Isaac played in but he will be an excellent player in GV footy.

Was actually surprised Jarred Bacon played this year johnno as heard some rumblings from those close to him at the end of 2016. Assuming Rochy's loss is LBU's gain.
Who else? Anderson is gone to Heathcote.
From watching Stroobants' demeanor in the final at Euroa and a few times earlier I wouldn't mind guessing he is potentially gonski!!

Also heard Dillion Williams to Eagle Hawk and Mitch Bright to Colbo is the word on the street! 2 big losses to that side!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Interesting to see the Swans new coach traveling from Melbourne to coach. Personally, I would like to see a coach working and living in or near the community. Its an interesting move and a round trip of about 350k's at least 2-3 times a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on $400 a game .............. but Ellie was on $2500 a game over at the Netball. #nosalarycapthere

Is that what the paying arrangements were for the locksmith?

Cole to Strathfieldsaye would be a massive loss for the lions. However one of the best if not the best mid in country Vic footy after winning Vic country honours and best on medals in both GV games and that state clash, he would be in high demand over the last few years. would guess $1500-2000 a game to secure a jet like this young bloke. Seymour would be worried!

Is that what the paying arrangements were for the locksmith?

Cole to Strathfieldsaye would be a massive loss for the lions. However one of the best if not the best mid in country Vic footy after winning Vic country honours and best on medals in both GV games and that state clash, he would be in high demand over the last few years. would guess $1500-2000 a game to secure a jet like this young bloke. Seymour would be worried!

This is the negative aspect of Ky's dominance. Players realising that they are playing for second spot or even thinking that and then linking with power sides in other comps...just a theory and of course the money helps.

Interesting to see the Swans new coach traveling from Melbourne to coach. Personally, I would like to see a coach working and living in or near the community. Its an interesting move and a round trip of about 350k's at least 2-3 times a week.
I really can't see the reasons why they would go down that path a coach traveling 3 times a week out of Melbourne not so bad if he had the name to draw players to the club Surely with the young list they have a well known playing coach would have been the go maybe this Justin George has Melbourne based contacts lined up to travel up with him ???

Last edited:
I really can't see the reasons why they would go down that path a coach traveling 3 times a week out of Melbourne not so bad if he had the name to draw players to the club Surely with the young list they have a well known playing coach would have been the go maybe this Justin George has Melbourne based contacts lined up to travel up with him ???
Bizarre appointment and can't see it being in the best interests of a developing list. Story in News stated he last coached under 19's last year. Only partly accurate he was reported for abusing and threatening behaviour to an umpire. Copped 6 weeks and sacked by the club from the position in May 2017. Hard to see any positives at all in this. Hope the recruitment committee have some quality inside Info on him that warrants his appointment. Swans may sink further down if they are not careful.

Last edited:
Bizarre appointment and can't see it being in the best interests of a developing list. Story in News stated he last coached under 19's last year. Only partly accurate he was reported for abusing and threatening behaviour to an umpire. Copped 6 weeks and sacked by the club from the position in May 2017. Hard to see any positives at all in this. Hope the recruitment committee have some quality inside Info on him that warrants his appointment. Swans may sink further down if they are not careful.

Surely there are some really good candidates locally that could've done the job........just seems strange

Coach living in Melbourne
The Swans Seconds forfeited last round of year.

Hope the committee has the welcome mat out to everyone that wants a game
Rumour has it that the majority of the rumba recruits are heading back to Rumba for 2018.
Squires announced to be going to Congupna and also Riordan to Katandra are also bound to take others with them .

Rumour has it that the majority of the rumba recruits are heading back to Rumba for 2018.
Squires announced to be going to Congupna and also Riordan to Katandra are also bound to take others with them .

Just seems a desperate decision to stop players going. Get the best possible candidate no matter what! If they say he was the best they could get then fair enough but I can see this ending in tears. Surely there are plenty of jobs closer to home for him and if he was that good why haven't the Lions had a crack at him?

Just seems a desperate decision to stop players going. Get the best possible candidate no matter what! If they say he was the best they could get then fair enough but I can see this ending in tears. Surely there are plenty of jobs closer to home for him and if he was that good why haven't the Lions had a crack at him?

You might know the bloke from TAC cup ringo? I was under the impression that he had been an assistant to Digby Morell at West Coburg this past year. Might have some serious contacts in the EDFL re: players. Swans have been known to throw some huge dollars at players for a 1-2 year period.

And yes I know it generally turns to shit for them for a few years afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back