Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I think all clubs would be happy to just play no matter what. It’s only a shortened season and whilst it’s not ideal I’m sure that they play anywhere atm. Good point!
Sorry to regress a few hours .
I am growing more and more confident that those who can muster up a season will be well rewarded .

Sorry to regress a few hours .
I am growing more and more confident that those who can muster up a season will be well rewarded .

So PDFL are all go! GV and Murray League are possibilities. Bendigo and Ballarat could happen and the O & M seem keen. Interesting couple of weeks coming up.

Mate, the forum has had many blues on here about Co-vid19, but if the Picola League get up, then hats off to your ongoing positivity and desire.
I am hopeful , O&M , GVL , BFL , MFL and PDFL have a season . It will re-instate this region as the footy hub it deserves.
If clubs get creative with holiday packages it will also help expedite the return to normality for the hospitality industry which has been massively affected .

So PDFL are all go! GV and Murray League are possibilities. Bendigo and Ballarat could happen and the O & M seem keen. Interesting couple of weeks coming up.
Kyabram must be concerned with a potentially shorted season ... Not as many games to play and win prior to claiming their next flag!

They might also be concerned with players from other leagues joining, if rochy are looking for a fwd they would be wise to give Corey Jones a ring, he's asking rate at wyche has just being every senior player is to buy him a beer,
And as roar points out, a great way to lure some northern and eastern league stars some "cabbage" and stay up on the river, it could mean star studded lineups throughout the leagues and club work then contacts for just one year

Voice of the g
Who are the top 5 eastern league stars that the gv and other clubs should try lure north? Is Kris Bardon still in the top echelon of mids?

Kyabram must be concerned with a potentially shorted season ... Not as many games to play and win prior to claiming their next flag!

They might also be concerned with players from other leagues joining, if rochy are looking for a fwd they would be wise to give Corey Jones a ring, he's asking rate at wyche has just being every senior player is to buy him a beer,
And as roar points out, a great way to lure some northern and eastern league stars some "cabbage" and stay up on the river, it could mean star studded lineups throughout the leagues and club work then contacts for just one year

Voice of the g
Who are the top 5 eastern league stars that the gv and other clubs should try lure north? Is Kris Bardon still in the top echelon of mids?
I doubt it could be open slather Trent. Clubs still have points and salary caps to consider. That said, I would love a big commanding forward alongside Stroobants.

As I keep hearing it's "unprecedented" times silver, surely you can't begrudge players wanting to play, points system to be scratched fro the year and let's see the best players play

I doubt it could be open slather Trent. Clubs still have points and salary caps to consider. That said, I would love a big commanding forward alongside Stroobants.

As I keep hearing it's "unprecedented" times silver, surely you can't begrudge players wanting to play, points system to be scratched fro the year and let's see the best players play
Dislike the points and salary cap as much as anyone , but this is not the year to get rid of it. The temptation to load up will never be greater . If the allowable crowd sizes get lapsed as much and as quickly as some are thinking we may well see one of the best , most watched and profitable years in comps that play.
No NAB cup will see those players return to their club which will also create additional interest .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Fly has no idea who you are mate! Your knowledge is actually spot on. And..you only have the one user name.
Mate it really annoys me what has happened on here in the last few weeks.

And on the BFL and HDFL forums prior to them going quiet. One self-elected champion potting another bloke constantly simply for talking about footy.

I am not prepared to be silent and not point at the behaviour. We lose a strong and inclusive poster in Roota, and are left with you Dragon Fly, who makes a point of targeting one bloke for no apparent reason!

Last edited:
Maybe best to ask Dragon Fly. Apparently I have no idea about the GV according to the man with a 'photo on the wall at the Den'.
I thought of you yesterday Silver was driving through Rochester. Seen an old fart sitting on a blanket in the Park had a Tigers scarf on big bracelet on shining in the Sun sipping a glass of Wine. Had the Laptop, Handbag & Little Pink Footy on hand.

I thought of you yesterday Silver was driving through Rochester. Seen an old fart sitting on a blanket in the Park had a Tigers scarf on big bracelet on shining in the Sun sipping a glass of Wine. Had the Laptop, Handbag & Little Pink Footy on hand.
That was as easy as I suspected Doc. The rat comes out of his hole pretty quickly. 😂

Red card!!
You seem to always go a bit too far.
I reckon stick to talking about footy for a while.
You try to disguise attacks on people with really poor humour.
Just leave the attacks and try to
make your post about footy.
You must like football if you’re on this forum.
In a positive note.
I feel that the GV is going to get up.
If not seniors then the 16s, 18s footy and 15s 17s netball.
Does anyone know of a GV presidents/ or league meeting happening tomorrow night?

Mate it really annoys me what has happened on here in the last few weeks.

And on the BFL and HDFL forums prior to them going quiet. One self-elected champion potting another bloke constantly simply for talking about footy.

I am not prepared to be silent and not point at the behaviour. We lose a strong and inclusive poster in Roota, and are left with you Dragon Fly, who makes a point of targeting one bloke for no apparent reason!
While you give Roota a testimonal drop over to the Ovens and Murray thread a few pages and read his lagging of Cresswell a Football Champion!

Red card!!
You seem to always go a bit too far.
I reckon stick to talking about footy for a while.
You try to disguise attacks on people with really poor humour.
Just leave the attacks and try to
make your post about footy.
You must like football if you’re on this forum.
In a positive note.
I feel that the GV is going to get up.
If not seniors then the 16s, 18s footy and 15s 17s netball.
Does anyone know of a GV presidents/ or league meeting happening tomorrow night?

GV League are meeting tomorrow night for sure. I’d expect a decision from that.

Strangely I’ve been confident all along but now feel it won’t happen will wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My mail is the same as about 6 weeks ago. In the GV a number of clubs are happy to play but the majority won’t because they are concerned financially it will ruin them. It will be put to the vote and it will be a “no” for a season 2020.

GV presidents meeting tonight via Zoom. Not sure it will be put to the vote as the national cabinet meet Friday. More likely a vote next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Moderator get rid of this muppet. Personal low life attacks behind the power of a keyboard. No football knowledge, no courage and pot shots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back