Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as they keep there bookwork better than Wang Magpies they'll be ok
Yes I agree Cec. Rochy are normally pretty good with live scores but not today. Benalla went dark after halftime against Seymour. Not much point having live scores if a club doesn't invest in someone who can press buttons on an iPad.
Big last Q by mooroopna with wind I think by about 34 points

Didn’t they lose by 6 goals? Heard Hartley played CHB and intercepted everything, also Mellington on report???
Great win in tough conditions by the pies as well, missing plenty of good players as well in B Giobbi, JD, N Trotter
I think Mansfield were missing a few also if not they were both pretty scrappy.

Yes I agree Cec. Rochy are normally pretty good with live scores but not today. Benalla went dark after halftime against Seymour. Not much point having live scores if a club doesn't invest in someone who can press buttons on an iPad.

Huge crowd at Rochy. I suspect it was all hands on deck and the ipad was left to itself.

The ladies in the coffee shop ran out of coffee
The hotdogs ended out on bread.
Hot chips run out
But the beers were cold.

Welcome back Footy and Netball

Umpires as whistle happy as ever. However it was consistent and probably even all game.
Imagine they decided not to umpire....

Oh yeah.... no game

Seriously- the umpire bashing has to stop and Warriors like you need to take the first step

Maybe try:

Thanks - without you we wouldn't have had a game

Oh yeah.... no game

Seriously- the umpire bashing has to stop and Warriors like you need to take the first step

Maybe try:

It's a tough one isn't it, we want good umps as well, the prime train copped a bit for his performance in the ovens and murray, are umps immune from it?

Watched the cats v swans game. Swans are very fast and take the game on all over the field. Played well for 3 quarters but were overpowered in the last and lost by about 6 goals. Just don’t have the big bodies to compete inside and in the key spots. Cats were just better when it counted.
Did the ex kanga players play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a tough one isn't it, we want good umps as well, the prime train copped a bit for his performance in the ovens and murray, are umps immune from it?
Not immune, but judging them on moments in a 100+ minute game is embarrassing

I'd suggest every single player on field would make 50 times the mistakes a umpire makes
Dropped marks
Missed kicks
Missed handballs
Missed tackles
Missed shepherds
Free kicks against
Setting up in wrong spots

The list goes on and on and on

If we dared analyse a single player it'd be referred to as BULLYING

Yet "heroes" think that doing the exact same to an umpire is okay...

I'd suggest every single player on field would make 50 times the mistakes a umpire makes
Dropped marks
Missed kicks
Missed handballs
Missed tackles
Missed shepherds
Free kicks against

I assume yeoldman wasn’t at the game hanging over the fence hurling abuse. Simply stated that they thought the game was over umpired for both teams. I don’t really mind how a game is umpired as long as all umpires are consistent and on the same page. Nothing more frustrating than a push in the back call up 1 end then a no call up the other.

Dropped marks
Missed kicks
Missed handballs
Missed tackles
Missed shepherds
Free kicks against

Did not intend to send you off in a tangent. You must have umpired this game? Did you watch it? A simple observation with no malice behind it. Lots of players are scrutinised. Practice what you preach, get back in your box you hypocrite.

Oh yeah.... no game

Maybe try:

The umpire v club or umpire v player is ridiculous , surely encouraging a positive relationship is better than us against them .

Last edited:
The umpire v club or umpire v player is ridiculous , surely encouraging a positive relationship is better than us against them is better .
Couldn’t agree more. The umpires coaches and players must do a better job to create relationships with each other. We are all human. The players are expected to be robotic and show no emotion which is one of the beautiful aspects of the game. It is extremely difficult for umpires I understand that. The players are held to an incredibly high standard, if not they’re penalised accordingly with 50m penalties. More often than not multiple per game which at times will affect which way the 4 points go. What is the punishment for umpires that get it wrong? Abuse? Then they hand out penalties and receive more abuse? Two wrongs don’t make a right. It’s a shame that it’s turned this way. I don’t believe this was an issue pre covid? Is everyone in cotton wool now? I really struggle to understand.

Couldn’t agree more. The umpires coaches and players must do a better job to create relationships with each other. We are all human. The players are expected to be robotic and show no emotion which is one of the beautiful aspects of the game. It is extremely difficult for umpires I understand that. The players are held to an incredibly high standard, if not they’re penalised accordingly with 50m penalties. More often than not multiple per game which at times will affect which way the 4 points go. What is the punishment for umpires that get it wrong? Abuse? Then they hand out penalties and receive more abuse? Two wrongs don’t make a right. It’s a shame that it’s turned this way. I don’t believe this was an issue pre covid? Is everyone in cotton wool now? I really struggle to understand.
Great post from a new poster, never did you say the umpiring decided the game, just that they were trigger happy and evenly sided and consistent as well. This happens at AFL level as well. Hardest game in the world to officiate. Heard former u18s league medalist Zac Gleeson took a nice contested grab late to kick the winner for the pies! Will Hayes with an early 3 voter as well.
Does anyone know anything on the J Mellington report?

Rochy went down by 38 points.

eb to everKy took Ky tooover in the 2nd yone that came

Huge crowd at Rochy. I suspect it was all hands on deck and the ipad was left to itself.

The ladies in the coffee shop ran out of coffee

The hotdogs ended out on bread.

Hot chips run out

But the beers were cold.

Welcome back Footy and Netball

And a good game of footy ky too strong in the 2nd half young dipper and his mate rueben played well plus Barnett and Burnett hope the injury to lachy Smith is no too serious

How much does an umpire get paid for subjecting themselves to criticism?

There presence ensures a game of footy and I am tipping they aren't arriving at the game via helicopter ... like old mate Prime Train!

How much does an umpire get paid for subjecting themselves to criticism?

There presence ensures a game of footy and I am tipping they aren't arriving at the game via helicopter ... like old mate Prime Train!
No where near enough, they should be 400-500 a game minimum for senior footy, we might get some more ex players take it up

Dropped marks
Missed kicks
Missed handballs
Missed tackles
Missed shepherds
Free kicks against

As an ex footballer and coach and also a long career umpire (and coach) I have said many of times we still need to entice more ex footballers to give a little more back to the game and take up the whistle which is not happening anywhere near as much as it used to be , players are saying why umpire I’ve done my bit and just sit behind the fence , ex footballers that come to mind like Reggie Hudson / Mousey freer / Barca /Meek / lambourne / Pell /Byers / Peter Law / ect ect these ex players adapted so quickly and all become great umpires and players related to them because they knew the game and they respected them because they had been there and done it Just maybe more work has to be put into place to try and entice ex players in taking up the whistle

Didn’t they lose by 6 goals? Heard Hartley played CHB and intercepted everything, also Mellington on report???
Great win in tough conditions by the pies as well, missing plenty of good players as well in B Giobbi, JD, N Trotter
Watched the first Seymour had there measure for pressure around the footy. Hartley set up most of there drive unbelievable kick of the footy to break the lines. Benalla obviously have a lot of new players so will take some time to gel together. Mellington looked disinterested. His brother pretty handy player. I think Seymour may have ran out of petrol tickets after half time. Not sure why they didn’t push Hartley forward they had no decent backs to man him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back