Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I fear that you would need a minimum of 7,500 people in your town to participate at “premier league” level in the future.

No just for participants, but to achieve the necessary funding required to meet financial obligations; through major grants and sponsorship.

Major grants for the improvements that premier leagues expect won’t go to smaller towns.
Yep, it's heading that way!
Seymour
Echuca
Benalla
Kyabram
Mooroopna
Shepparton
all fall in that category. Rochester has a secondary school so that gives them a shot. I believe Nagambie and Moama have a role to play down the track.

I fear that you would need a minimum of 7,500 people in your town to participate at “premier league” level in the future.

No just for participants, but to achieve the necessary funding required to meet financial obligations; through major grants and sponsorship.

Major grants for the improvements that premier leagues expect won’t go to smaller towns.
I’m not so sure population should be as strongly linked to football / netball clubs wealth or revenue raising as it has in the past .
With increased population comes greater opposition including from other sports and it has been seen recently that clubs in large populations suffer financial difficulty, as much as any .
The reality is smaller clubs in current major leagues not being able to compete ( due to points system ) will continue to grow and ‘ major ‘ leagues as we see them atm are likely to become a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Did you have run at tat 3rds fly in your juniors? And do the kids from surrounding kdfl clubs with a bit of talent, still go and play gv 3rds for a year?

Can confirm a lot of us that played KD 3rds didn’t really wanna play Tatura 3rds the idea of getting pumped and I do suppose like every club their is favourites but many underlying issues in that club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can confirm a lot of us that played KD 3rds didn’t really wanna play Tatura 3rds the idea of getting pumped and I do suppose like every club their is favourites but many underlying issues in that club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Feel free to elaborate mate.

My sense is Tatura have generally been a well managed club given their circumstances. No High School. Small town.

Round 5 clash of the traditional rivals at Echuca. Both undefeated would add some spice! 😎
I really hope the tigers can add some much needed spice to the comp tongue and grab a spot in that six I know the swans- Shepp -cats - Mansfield - believe they will also be there?? I don’t think there would be a lot that would argue that the top 4 won’t be Echuca/ Euroa / Ky/ and Seymour . But finding it hard to come up with a fair dinkum challenger for that great Murray bombers outfit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope the tigers can add some much needed spice to the comp tongue and grab a spot in that six I know the swans- Shepp -cats - Mansfield - believe they will also be there?? I don’t think there would be a lot that would argue that the top 4 won’t be Echuca/ Euroa / Ky/ and Seymour . But finding it hard to come up with a fair dinkum challenger for that great Murray bombers outfit
Can't help but agree Swoop ... but if you can't dare to dream at this point in the year you never will.

The Murray Bombers will take some stopping that's for sure! But someone eventually will beat them. It wasn't that long back when Kyabram Bombers were literally unbeatable over a couple of seasons.

And this thread is dead! For a normally lively thread we need to get some banter happening ... the bloody O&ML thread is killing us for activity! 😂

Can't help but agree Swoop ... but if you can't dare to dream at this point in the year you never will.

The Murray Bombers will take some stopping that's for sure! But someone eventually will beat them. It wasn't that long back when Kyabram Bombers were literally unbeatable over a couple of seasons.

And this thread is dead! For a normally lively thread we need to get some banter happening ... the bloody O&ML thread is killing us for activity!

Do we need to find a big Larry/geoff type to liven up the forum?!? Surely not!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And this thread is dead! For a normally lively thread we need to get some banter happening ... the bloody O&ML thread is killing us for activity! 😂
Has been a bit quiet on here mate maybe a few trivia questions might fire it up a little here goes
What’s the players name that has played in 3 winning grand finals with 2 different GV clubs whilst captaining both clubs and winning a cox medal with both clubs some achievement I must say. ???

Has been a bit quiet on here mate maybe a few trivia questions might fire it up a little here goes
What’s the players name that has played in 3 winning grand finals with 2 different GV clubs whilst captaining both clubs and winning a cox medal with both clubs some achievement I must say. ???
Guy Campbell?

Kyabram had a couple of absolute superstar KPF’s in Newman and pettifer who were ageing during the successful era .
Kirby retired and Echuca hardly missed a beat and exposed another Byrne who might be better than his older brother .
Echuca also have a plethora of players playing VFL / AFL who could quite easily end back at the club over the next 10 years at some point .

Des Campbell at United and Tongala?

The
Tyson Sidebottom

Looks like Kings Park is going to cop it again! Unfortunately, there will be some very nervous clubs bracing for further flood damage.
Under water again? I was in town over Christmas and thought the oval was coming along nicely. Big set back...

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back