Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I noted some outstanding young talent in a strong Rochy twos outfit on the weekend. Bagga' Windridge is surely pushing for a game in the ones! Rooster Eeles and Spud Frawley dominating at their respective ends of the ground ... Spud suggested Rooster was carrying a bit while we were having a beer post game. My feelings are that Rooster is next man in if Rochy need a key back. I defended Rooster vehemently! Well, potentially second man in after Big Tree Hoopell's dashing work through the lines where he ought to have kicked goal of the year if he wasn't so selfless. Possibly handballed to Spud, who might have had a shot from 70 metres. Fell 40 metres short but young Ethan Hoopell tidied up with a magnificent team lifting goal!! The Twos boys are looking strong.

I noted some outstanding young talent in a strong Rochy twos outfit on the weekend. Bagga' Windridge is surely pushing for a game in the ones! Rooster Eeles and Spud Frawley dominating at their respective ends of the ground ... Spud suggested Rooster was carrying a bit while we were having a beer post game. My feelings are that Rooster is next man in if Rochy need a key back. I defended Rooster vehemently! Well, potentially second man in after Big Tree Hoopell's dashing work through the lines where he ought to have kicked goal of the year if he wasn't so selfless. Possibly handballed to Spud, who might have had a shot from 70 metres. Fell 40 metres short but young Ethan Hoopell tidied up with a magnificent team lifting goal!! The Twos boys are looking strong.
What are you having on a Monday night silver ? A few cidars or Ballarat bitters

What are you having on a Monday night silver ? A few cidars or Ballarat bitters
Haha. Ballarat Bitter no longer exists and it was shit anyway. Caught up with a few Twos boys on my last two trips to Rochy. Rooster Eeles gave me and my daughter a lift to the pub for dinner ... top man! That said, if my daughter wasn't with me I suspect I might have been walking! 🤣

What do you make of Rochy at the moment tongue? Do you think they can challenge Echuca on the big stage come September? I’m trying to find some hope that there is another contender somewhere but struggling to find it right at the preset time 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hearing grim times at MRP. The performance on the weekend comes off the back of a multitude of injury.

Margwick - Hamstring
Hoggard - Hamstring
Drummond - Surgery
Johnston - foot
Gulgotti - surgery
And a few concussion concerns.

What do you make of Rochy at the moment tongue? Do you think they can challenge Echuca on the big stage come September? I’m trying to find some hope that there is another contender somewhere but struggling to find it right at the preset time 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hmm. Yep you have to believe as I think there is plenty of upside yet to come. Let's see how this Kyabram game goes on the weekend ... Still a few potential additions to that side from Saturday:
Heine
Kellett
Joe Atley
Wren
McGee

That said, Echuca are a powerhouse and both Kyabram and Shepparton have already defeated Rochy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm. Yep you have to believe as I think there is plenty of upside yet to come. Let's see how this Kyabram game goes on the weekend ... Still a few potential additions to that side from Saturday:
Heine
Kellett
Joe Atley
Wren
McGee

That said, Echuca are a powerhouse and both Kyabram and Shepparton have already defeated Rochy.
I rekn I counted 10 senior players that are injured and didn’t play against Echuca, plus 1 x VFL and 2 x Pios who were unavailable for Ky

Geez Seymour would be annoyed with a couple of close losses at the start of the year. Really interesting from third to down to seventh with Seymour likely to cause some more upsets

I hope you are right Trent, a slow start due to a range of factors affected the club and resulted in losses in games the club expected to win. With a more settled and injury free group, there is certainly some momentum and the club is looking forward to the remainder of the year and upbeat about the future. Finals are not out of the equation although a long shot and the club certainly has been so pleased with seeing some of the younger players flourish this season.

Last edited:
Hearing grim times at MRP. The performance on the weekend comes off the back of a multitude of injury.

Margwick - Hamstring
Hoggard - Hamstring
Drummond - Surgery
Johnston - foot
Gulgotti - surgery
And a few concussion concerns.
A couple of first choice defenders have headed overseas too. By my reckoning that’s their entire first choice defensive 6 missing now. Could Benalla throw a spanner in the works in a fortnight?

I hope you are right Trent, a slow start due to a range of factors affected the club and resulted in losses in games the club expected to win. With a more settled and injury free group, there is certainly some momentum and the club is looking forward to the remainder of the year and upbeat about the future. Finals are not out of the equation although a long shot and the club certainly has been so pleased with seeing some of the younger players flourish this season.
I think they'll settle in nicely for the back end of the year but definitely won't make finals. Still yet to play echuca twice and bears at deakin. The lions boys will be dissapointed with how the season has gone considering they finished 2nd last year. but they'll bounce back quickly next year as they have gotten 15 to 18 games into some youth and fringe players who will be better off for the runs at senior level. They can't afford to loose 5 to 6 key guys at the end of the year like last year though. osullivan and hartley have left ginormous holes in their side that they haven't been able to fill.

I rekn I counted 10 senior players that are injured and didn’t play against Echuca, plus 1 x VFL and 2 x Pios who were unavailable for Ky
Echuca has Morris, A Byrne, W Monohan, and Sam Reid to come back in as well as some others. ATM, only Rochy has beaten them, and with Atley, Wren, and others to come back they seem to be the number one challenger.

Echuca has Morris, A Byrne, W Monohan, and Sam Reid to come back in as well as some others. ATM, only Rochy has beaten them, and with Atley, Wren, and others to come back they seem to be the number one challenger.
Big A Byrne to rip the goulburn valley apart alongside his little brother H Byrne come finals time. Early call but 20+ goals between them in the month of september!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back