Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A relative of one said tonight that the Euroa Pres said we are over the cap and pays will be cut in half , one player has relos at Dingley and they pounced
I heard the same thing today. What an embarrassment for the club and the league. Two clubs in a week in hot water for salary cap issues. Not good enough.

It’s almost as if clubs have to overspend and run the gauntlet to attract good players to our great league now. Sad times. Highlights the importance of good juniors and doing it the right way as Echuca has showcased

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, it’s easy to do it the right way when your town is about 5 times the size. One of the many reasons why the points system is not fit for purpose. While it’s in place, Euroa just has no chance to compete with a club like Echuca.

Yeah, it’s easy to do it the right way when your town is about 5 times the size. One of the many reasons why the points system is not fit for purpose. While it’s in place, Euroa just has no chance to compete with a club like Echuca.
Rochy seem to do okay with their locals. Echuca have clubs like locky, leitchville, cohuna, elmore, gigarre, United, Moama, rochy, Mathoura all trying to get players to field all grades of footy, it's not quite as easy as you make out

Correct
We have been hampered by Injuries
All football sides are currently in the 6 and we will give our best to stay there
I believe Ky will consolidate their spot in the six hilly but apart from United have a tough run home Obviously you need to gradually start to get a few back and build for finals Should be a top game against an in form Rochy

Last edited:

With the O&M now going to an alternative points system I wonder how many other leagues will see the light and jump across

I believe Ky will consolidate their spot in the six hilly but apart from United have a tough run home Obviously you need to gradually start to get a few back and build for finals Should be a top game against an in form Rochy tomorrow
Have euroa given up? Or did they think the recruits weren't holding up their end of the bargain

Have euroa given up? Or did they think the recruits weren't holding up their end of the bargain
My understanding is that the playing group was addressed by the president and told that if they continue on as normal they’d blow the cap to pieces. They were given options including taking pay cuts, sitting out games or being cleared before the deadline. I don’t think the recruits themselves had any part to play.

My understanding is that the playing group was addressed by the president and told that if they continue on as normal they’d blow the cap to pieces. They were given options including taking pay cuts, sitting out games or being cleared before the deadline. I don’t think the recruits themselves had any part to play.
How does a club get themselves there halfway through a year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does a club get themselves there halfway through a year?

Reflects poorly on Euroa.Do we think this would of happened if they sat on top undefeated?(Im sure they would of found a way if so even if breached cap)Appears they realise they are only making up numbers.Too often people slam players for leaving but I dont blame em.Will need luck getting committed recruits next season.

Looking like Echuca by how far.No sooner will this crop be gone and then Ollie Wines will rock up in a couple years.Points and cap aint gunna work.
Clubs like Rochester in there 150th year, Shepparton, Mansfield and Kyabram have to believe. Mooroopna aren't out of the conversation although it appears Euroa have put their cue in the rack.

Echuca are beatable!! The A Byrne discussion will happen but if he has played too many VFL games ... he can't play. If he hasn't he plays. That is footy.

Clubs like Rochester in there 150th year, Shepparton, Mansfield and Kyabram have to believe. Mooroopna aren't out of the conversation although it appears Euroa have put their cue in the rack.

Echuca are beatable!! The A Byrne discussion will happen but if he has played too many VFL games ... he can't play. If he hasn't he plays. That is footy.
Exactly people said this about kyabram, yet the bears peaked at the right time of the year

Reflects poorly on Euroa.Do we think this would of happened if they sat on top undefeated?(Im sure they would of found a way if so even if breached cap)Appears they realise they are only making up numbers.Too often people slam players for leaving but I dont blame em.Will need luck getting committed recruits next season.
I reckon if you have will and jd Hayes give you a buzz and tickets into the birdcage in November, you'll play for a bit less just quietly. Will pendles play under he's brother next year, if that happens, there'll be guys lining up to play at euroa

Exactly people said this about kyabram, yet the bears peaked at the right time of the year
Exactly Trent. It's only one day. We all know what has come before during the season doesn't matter.

The Kyabram reference is a good one. I think Benalla rolled them one year when they were outright favourites. Rochester got pretty bloody close another year when I think Kyabram were undefeated in the home and away under Paul Newman.

Gus Byrne has played zero VFL games this season ,full time at Echuca and already qualified,overseas atm.

It’s almost as if clubs have to overspend and run the gauntlet to attract good players to our great league now. Sad times. Highlights the importance of good juniors and doing it the right way as Echuca has showcased

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Think that's spot on in a lot of instances mate, can't just pay them what they're worth anymore, have to pay overs to get them out of where they are. You hear about it alot in AFL circles....talk comes up about a player being offered X amount by other clubs and comments are "he's not worth that much "...but you have to pay that to get him across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back