Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad for the Doggies having so many injuries.

I admire the club for having a crack and getting an 18's team together. Hopefully things improve for them next year given the reality of not having a High School in town. Tough circumstances.

Tatura need to stop blaming the fact that they don’t have a ‘high school’. It is outside of their control.

They have two large primary schools and need to get as many of those kids playing as they can.

If they can get to a point where they can really build the junior system within the town they can prosper like Rochy.

I’d even go as far to say that if they can get their junior system in order that they’d even have excess players to work with a club like Merrigum to have addition ‘development’ junior sides in the KDL. All this with Murchison-Toolamba and Undera continuing their U9/10, U12, U15 and U18s.

More kids playing in the area will keep the major and minor league clubs going.

Tatura have done a great job getting the girls playing in the TNA and into the GVL netball ranks, now it’s time to focus on their footy. Focus on what they can control, not what they can’t.

Yeah rochy pay hardly anything and just play all local talent - why can’t other clubs do the same ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
A quick search of playhq tells me Rochy had five players on more than one point last week. Your mob had seven today. (Rochy didn't play) Take your whinging and moaning back to the Bendigo thread.

Last edited:

Tatura need to stop blaming the fact that they don’t have a ‘high school’. It is outside of their control.

They have two large primary schools and need to get as many of those kids playing as they can.

If they can get to a point where they can really build the junior system within the town they can prosper like Rochy.

I’d even go as far to say that if they can get their junior system in order that they’d even have excess players to work with a club like Merrigum to have addition ‘development’ junior sides in the KDL. All this with Murchison-Toolamba and Undera continuing their U9/10, U12, U15 and U18s.

More kids playing in the area will keep the major and minor league clubs going.

Tatura have done a great job getting the girls playing in the TNA and into the GVL netball ranks, now it’s time to focus on their footy. Focus on what they can control, not what they can’t.
Best comment I've read on here. Just because you have a high school doesn't mean success, kids will always go into shep for school even if there's a high school, it's about how you sell the club to the juniors in the primary schools to keep playing there

United are not performing after all the early yap. Keep getting flogged. Does announcing the fact the Heuston is being sacked take all pressure off as a club? Tatura are losing by plenty often enough to be of serious concern ... not sure which one you support but choose your own adventure.
He's disliked by the players , some thought of getting a clearance

Tysonic you’re delusional…
At least enter the forum with some credible information rather than just dribbling for the fun of it! Barnard not getting paid too much of Fatcat37s choof for you I think

Oh and 20 + injuries? The chopper must have ran a few over upon its landing to take barnard away 🤣

At least enter the forum with some credible information rather than just dribbling for the fun of it! Barnard not getting paid too much of Fatcat37s choof for you I think

Oh and 20 + injuries? The chopper must have ran a few over upon its landing to take barnard away 🤣

What’s with the drive by thermos? Woken up on the wrong side of the bed have you?

I think you’ll find there injury toll to be remarkably high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s with the drive by thermos? Woken up on the wrong side of the bed have you?

No hard feelings mate. Just having a bit of a laugh! Apologies for the offence I’ve caused

It’s okay mate. Light work for your Murray bombers yesterday

Seems a bit that way. I wouldn’t say they’re mine though. I take more of a neutral view on the competition considering I haven’t had an Echuca link for quite some time.

Don’t think anyone outside of Rochester challenges them.

Seems a bit that way. I wouldn’t say they’re mine though. I take more of a neutral view on the competition considering I haven’t had an Echuca link for quite some time.

Don’t think anyone outside of Rochester challenges them.

I still wouldn't be dismissing Shepparton or Kyabram Thermos. Old Hilly has alluded to the amount of players that have been missing for the Bombers. If the stars align come September and they all get back who knows ... Echuca are obviously at about $1.50

I think you’ll find there injury toll to be remarkably high

Who are they ???

Probably missed quite a few outs but off the top of my head. Che should be back next week but most are long term / season ending injuries.

Brad Ryan
Matt Ryan
Ethan Penrith
Will Russell
Jake Warren
Chaz Sargeant
Tyle Williams
Aiden Johnson
Che Walls
Ryan Young
Rob Kirby
Xav Hutchison
Jake Chessels
Harry Murdoch
Charlie Murdoch
Blake Armstrong

Obviously they’re drawing on a bottom of the ladder 2’s team at the moment (routinely losing by 100 points) and the thirds losing by 200. Hard to watch at the moment.

Last edited:
Yeah rochy pay hardly anything and just play all local talent - why can’t other clubs do the same ?

That’s a few times you have potted a fellow small town club. Rochy is the half the size of your town in a 3x better league but are 10x more competitive while playing more locals. I don’t know what your problem is? Jealous? Trent has always banged on about it. Small towns need 12-14 locals that are loyal which rochy have alway had. Just look through in the past 20 years how many club life member and league life members they have. Then after that they can pay what ever they want for the 6-8 recruits they target! Thats a well ran club right there rather than the rabble that is your club that blames the league for every problem they have.

That’s a few times you have potted a fellow small town club. Rochy is the half the size of your town in a 3x better league but are 10x more competitive while playing more locals. I don’t know what your problem is? Jealous? Trent has always banged on about it. Small towns need 12-14 locals that are loyal which rochy have alway had. Just look through in the past 20 years how many club life member and league life members they have. Then after that they can pay what ever they want for the 6-8 recruits they target! Thats a well ran club right there rather than the rabble that is your club that blames the league for every problem they have.
Suspect Crazy is still running nude laps of the oval after Castlemaine's win.

Best comment I've read on here. Just because you have a high school doesn't mean success, kids will always go into shep for school even if there's a high school, it's about how you sell the club to the juniors in the primary schools to keep playing there
Bollocks Trent, Rushy have a Highschool and absolutely dominate the KD!

Rochy seem to do okay with their locals. Echuca have clubs like locky, leitchville, cohuna, elmore, gigarre, United, Moama, rochy, Mathoura all trying to get players to field all grades of footy, it's not quite as easy as you make out
It is interesting the football scope in Echuca, and its having real growth at the moment, which will enable them to continue success, especially in the Under 18s.

Since 2022 in the under 18s, 53 wins and 2 losses - 2 premierships and possible another one on its way. They won 2018 and 19, Covid years in 20 and 21, which probably had them on top aswell. So already 6 years of dominance.
In 2024, 3 under 14s teams, all competitive in the top division of under 14s, (Moama has 2 under 14 teams and Echuca United 1 team). So the area is strong with participation. Echuca has the 2 under 16 teams this year

From those 60 odd kids playing for Echuca in under 14s, in 3-4 years time the best 22 go on and play in the under 18s which you would thing would be very strong and be strong for many years to come. How many more premierships. The other 40 may not play at all, or go out to outside clubs like BLU, LG, etc for their under 17s/18s. There is also Moama with 16s and 17s and United with 17s.

The foundation is there to continue to then get a large amount of best players from the juniors to the seniors, compared to any other team.

It is interesting the football scope in Echuca, and its having real growth at the moment, which will enable them to continue success, especially in the Under 18s.

Since 2022 in the under 18s, 53 wins and 2 losses - 2 premierships and possible another one on its way. They won 2018 and 19, Covid years in 20 and 21, which probably had them on top aswell. So already 6 years of dominance.
In 2024, 3 under 14s teams, all competitive in the top division of under 14s, (Moama has 2 under 14 teams and Echuca United 1 team). So the area is strong with participation. Echuca has the 2 under 16 teams this year

From those 60 odd kids playing for Echuca in under 14s, in 3-4 years time the best 22 go on and play in the under 18s which you would thing would be very strong and be strong for many years to come. How many more premierships. The other 40 may not play at all, or go out to outside clubs like BLU, LG, etc for their under 17s/18s. There is also Moama with 16s and 17s and United with 17s.

The foundation is there to continue to then get a large amount of best players from the juniors to the seniors, compared to any other team.
Yeah them and Shepp look pretty well set up to dominate the U/18s comp for a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Back