Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

who should be and who shouldn’t be What’s the poster’s thoughts
I would think that Echuca may have earned the right to have more than one representative on that team. Nine representatives from the Shepparton teams?? No doubt as per usual the article revolves around stats!

I would think that Echuca may have earned the right to have more than one representative on that team. Nine representatives from the Shepparton teams?? No doubt as per usual the article revolves around stats!
4 cats players and 1 Murray bomber in that side ??? Just shows the non football intelligence of the Shepp news football scribes

4 cats players and 1 Murray bomber in that side ??? Just shows the non football intelligence of the Shepp news football scribes
I didn't even count correctly! it's 10 from the 4 Shepparton sides who are 2nd, 5th, 8th and 11th respectively on the ladder. Might as well of called it the Shepparton combined side.

Which most do nowadays to get the stat.

I don’t think it’s about the stat so much. With the change to kick out rules ie: the man on the mark is further back, you can just move out of the square without having to kick to yourself etc, players can easily get an extra 10 if not 15 metres before having to kick which clears the ball from the defensive 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way kick-ins should be a disposal! Lachie Whitfield had 41 last weekend and 15 of those were kick-ins.
ringo1 i heard this as well on radio ( on Sunday ? ) only for Joey Montagna to come on later and call out the person who had made the comment ( Nathan Brown ? ) for exaggerating as he had checked up and Whitfield had actually only had 6 kick ins .

My understanding is kick ins are only awarded to a player as a possession if the player goes outside the square before kicking, which most do these days .

For mine, a kick is a kick - the player still needs to execute the kick and the consequences are much higher if they stuff it up. Disposal stats aren't that important anyway, a 50m kick out of the D50 is more important that a rushed kick around the body so to dismiss the former is a bit silly.
Still have to earn that kick around corner by either winning a loose ball, handball receive, a mark either contested or uncontested.
To take a kick out doesn’t equal the same the hard work.

Still have to earn that kick around corner by either winning a loose ball, handball receive, a mark either contested or uncontested.
To take a kick out doesn’t equal the same the hard work.
Should possessions from free kicks count? If you get a free kick from down field, out on the full, position infringement etc. you haven't earned it... My point was that the overall stat for a possession doesn't matter when you just look at the totals, it doesn't tell you how they got footy. Is someone gets 40 stats people never break it down and say 2 of them were from OOTF and 15 were for the cheap 1-2 so why should kick ins be any different.

If you got a
Should possessions from free kicks count? If you get a free kick from down field, out on the full, position infringement etc. you haven't earned it... My point was that the overall stat for a possession doesn't matter when you just look at the totals, it doesn't tell you how they got footy. Is someone gets 40 stats people never break it down and say 2 of them were from OOTF and 15 were for the cheap 1-2 so why should kick ins be any different.
Because its the same guy kicking in most times. You could have a 12-year-old kick in and have 11 possessions

Yep agree, number of disposals don’t tell yeh full story and shouldn’t be taken a gospel like the shep news seem to be obsessed with. There matchday wrap ups are awful. Can tell they look at playHQ and see who kicked goals in what quarter and what the margin is at each break. Throw in the best players from each team and you have yourself an article. Then come midweek there will be an article about who had 52 hit outs.

Yep agree, number of disposals don’t tell yeh full story and shouldn’t be taken a gospel like the shep news seem to be obsessed with. There matchday wrap ups are awful. Can tell they look at playHQ and see who kicked goals in what quarter and what the margin is at each break. Throw in the best players from each team and you have yourself an article. Then come midweek there will be an article about who had 52 hit outs.

Help from Chat GBT perhaps? Generic copy seems to be becoming a real thing and there is no insight into games, just stats and facts.

My man McCarthy starting on ball. Love to see it. Other than that, the team is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
McCarthy is good. I don't mind the four Rochy blokes named as Hoopell is always strong, O'Keeffe and Trewhella have been excellent recruits and Williams has kicked plenty! It is more the fact there is only one Echuca player named. I would have thought the majority of the team would come from the three top sides. Echuca, Shepparton and Rochester.

McCarthy is good. I don't mind the four Rochy blokes named as Hoopell is always strong, O'Keeffe and Trewhella have been excellent recruits and Williams has kicked plenty! It is more the fact there is only one Echuca player named. I would have thought the majority of the team would come from the three top sides. Echuca, Shepparton and Rochester.

Amazing how good Trewhell and Okeefe are compared to when at Kangaroo Flat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back