Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a very interesting topic Silver Tongue .
I’ve seen a bit whilst being upon bigfooty , wore the moderators cap across a number of boards including regional footy boards , had postings investigated by a private investigator on behalf of AFL integrity for 9 months as well as still having an allegiance of fans who take any opportunity to try to incite a response / defame including by the old trolling like .
There are specific rules upon bigfooty to prevent it becoming a shit fight which have always been in place and allowed it to grow , whilst there are a multitude of threads upon some boards which provide a different level of acceptance of those points namely .

Trolling - deliberately attempting to incite a fellow user(s)
Posting off topic / defaming crap which includes poster to poster in house jokes , memes etc

As a moderators it’s always challenging particularly on regional boards if you don’t know identities or history that well . As an example a reference to ‘ the pool’ on one board may be completely innocent. , on another which may have had a player caught with another’s misses it may be offensive .
Mods also incur plenty of messages from
Users who merely seek to silence something from being said spoken about which isn’t actually that bad .
This the GVL yearly thread has always remained quite good in the sense of being there to discuss topics which are relative and all the other bullshit is called out .
I would hope it continues down that path and if people want to go on with in house jokes , memes and all the others shit I’d suggest they start another thread and go their hardest .
I’d also suggest the banging on about one subject or one player like the Coby McCarty love feast , should be used sparingly as it goes from being funny / interesting to being overbearing quite quick .
And if you don't like the content.. you can always swipe past it....

Some posts have been deleted and a thread ban put in place.

The best and often the worst thread on the regional boards. The passion is amazing, but often just too extreme. Everyone has a right to be here and those who do have multiple accounts usually get found out eventually.

I stand by one thing when I post, read it, read it again, and then be 100% sure I stand by it without meaning to offend anyone. If I cross any of those boundaries, then I delete it before posting it as most people have email alerts about new posts in a thread.

The idea of an off topic thread is a good one. As is quickly ignoring a post, or even putting a poster on ignore. I don't like that option because even the worst poster usually has good contributions.

Finals not far away and the comp looks pretty close if you get my drift.

The standard of discourse has gone through the floor since the sudden increase in contributors some months back. It feels deliberate and targeted and it’s not enjoyable to anyone but them. Either stop and begin conversing in the manner this forum is accustomed or take the advice above and start your own thread.

The tribe that have led personal attacks on here are nothing but cowards. There is no sugar-coating this apart from saying it's trolling and not overly courageous. If you cannot contribute positively then get your kicks elsewhere!

7 out of your last 10 replies in the thread are engaging with the trolls and taking the bait Ringo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s a very interesting topic Silver Tongue .
I’ve seen a bit whilst being upon bigfooty , wore the moderators cap across a number of boards including regional footy boards , had postings investigated by a private investigator on behalf of AFL integrity for 9 months as well as still having an allegiance of fans who take any opportunity to try to incite a response / defame including by the old trolling like .
There are specific rules upon bigfooty to prevent it becoming a shit fight which have always been in place and allowed it to grow , whilst there are a multitude of threads upon some boards which provide a different level of acceptance of those points namely .

Trolling - deliberately attempting to incite a fellow user(s)
Posting off topic / defaming crap which includes poster to poster in house jokes , memes etc

As a moderator it’s always challenging particularly on regional boards if you don’t know identities or history that well . As an example a reference to ‘ the pool’ on one board may be completely innocent. , on another which may have had a player caught with another’s misses it may be offensive .
Mods also incur plenty of messages from
Users who merely seek to silence something from being spoken about which isn’t actually that bad .
This , the GVL yearly thread , has always remained quite good in the sense of being there to discuss topics which are relative and all the other bullshit is called out .
I would hope it continues down that path and if people want to go on with in house jokes , memes and all the others shit I’d suggest they start another thread and go their hardest .
I’d also suggest the banging on about one subject or one player, like the Coby McCarty love feast , should be used sparingly as it goes from being funny / interesting to being overbearing quite quick .

Can’t even barrack for a player having a career best year without people being offended. What has the world come to..

7 out of your last 10 replies in the thread are engaging with the trolls and taking the bait Ringo.

This is the sort of thing which doesn't help the thread move FORWARD as you know he'll take the bait which I'm guessing you knew already.

This is the sort of thing which doesn't help the thread move FORWARD as you know he'll take the bait which I'm guessing you knew already.

Hand on my heart that reply wasn’t intended to antagonise Ringo. Moreso a statement around that if the fire is fuelled then it’ll just continue as a vicious circle: “c’mon boys let’s talk footy” someone stirs the pot, boys club comments… repeat.

It’s clear to me as someone who reads more and contributes less that if you read between the lines a few of the longer time posters have a fair idea who is responsible for the stirring of the pot… albeit from numerous burner accounts.

Hand on my heart that reply wasn’t intended to antagonise Ringo. Moreso a statement around that if the fire is fuelled then it’ll just continue as a vicious circle: “c’mon boys let’s talk footy” someone stirs the pot, boys club comments… repeat.

It’s clear to me as someone who reads more and contributes less that if you read between the lines a few of the longer time posters have a fair idea who is responsible for the stirring of the pot… albeit from numerous burner accounts.

Perhaps time to head back to the “chalkboard” with this post Bullpen

Can’t even barrack for a player having a career best year without people being offended. What has the world come to..

Read what was written , used sparingly it is funny and interesting , however the margin between that and being overbearing is quite small .

Last edited:
Perhaps time to head back to the “chalkboard” with this post Bullpen

No bait.....old enough to make my own decisions about what I post. This forum has been a disgrace LATELY! This has nothing to do with chalkboard EITHER!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benalla have been really good second half of the year, well done to waitey for pulling rhe boots on still and giving back at 41
Yes mate it suggests the league is relatively healthy when the 2nd bottom side is challenging a side trying to snag 6th spot. A loss here would surely end Mansfields chances

On the other hand that Kyabram v United score looks ugly ... United have hardly fired a shot all year after some early noise! The Cats look home against the Swans in a relatively close one.

Last edited:
Yes mate it suggests the league is relatively healthy when the 2nd bottom side is challenging a side trying to snag 6th spot. A loss here would surely end Mansfields chances

On the other hand that Echuca v United score looks ugly ... United have hardly fired a shot all year after some early noise! The Cats look home against the Swans in a relatively close one.

Terrific signs for the league tongue. I certainly agree! Benalla will be pumping tonight after beating the arch nemesis. I think the character of the Benalla footy club will pull them through. Fantastic day on an otherwise tough season!

Echuca to win the flag easily from here. The only question now is by how much.

Echuca to win the flag easily from here. The only question now is by how much.

I still think Shepparton are a strong 2nd seed! Should be an interesting last few weeks although it looks like Kyabram have claimed 6th spot after the demise of Mansfield and Shepparton Swans

Well done Silver Rochy to good on the day , maybe a few boys concerned about match review? Enjoy your Mercury tonight..
Couldn't get there Tysonic so not sure which players you are referencing? Potentially one of several red heads? Let's be honest, with amount of senior talent missing from Tatura's line-up it's bloody hard to compete. But Tatura still put three sides on the park!

Well done to Kai Magerwick on his 100th game today for MRP. Epitomises loyalty to a club that went through some lean times. Go well Kai.

Blue Ribbon Medalist for BOG in his 100th. Also apologies it’s Madgwick not Magerwick. Superb effort in a close game to get the cats over the line.

Blue Ribbon Medalist for BOG in his 100th. Also apologies it’s Madgwick not Magerwick. Superb effort in a close game to get the cats over the line.

Next year will be an interesting year for the swans; they have lost 6-7 games by a cumulative margin of 40 odd points. They obviously have the junior talent there so do the losses come down to coaching or recruiting? Hrovat went missing big time today when the going got tough..?

Next year will be an interesting year for the swans; they have lost 6-7 games by a cumulative margin of 40 odd points. They obviously have the junior talent there so do the losses come down to coaching or recruiting? Hrovat went missing big time today when the going got tough..?

Think it comes a lot down to the point you mentioned, then being quite young. Young teams often show talent but can’t put 4 qtrs together. Time will come for them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back