Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What I quoted is fact and yes I think the GVL has slipped in nearly every facet since becoming administered by afl vic / aflgm . Maybe this is clouded due to my respect for many people who were previously involved ?

I’d like to see the alledged comment re Tonny being in the top 2 .
If only they done what the picola league done maybe just maybe they’d be as good as the pdfl

If only they done what the picola league done maybe just maybe they’d be as good as the pdfl
Nice attempt to spin the topic around . 😂

Maybe if they did what O&M did ( self administration) they’d still have the previously paid asset ( Dunkirk ), plentiful cash reserves and have continual growing interest .

All bait has been swallowed , next topic …………….

Last edited:
Bad luck yesterday Tongue man. Now the dust has relatively settled, what’s the wash up from your tigers? How will they stack up next year?

Been a terrific year from your boys mate and I have thoroughly enjoyed the back and forth banter. Kudos on a great year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Umpire was not 20 mtrs away. He was 3 mtrs away. Footage confirms this as well. He’s gone. High contact, intentional and maybe medium contact at best. 1-2 weeks.

Semantics…..
Umpire came over after the scuffle started.
He was a some distance away in the preceding act of play that resulted in Smith getting the free kick that was reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semantics…..
He was a some distance away in the preceding act of play that resulted in Smith getting the free kick that was reversed.

Can anyone point out what minute mark it was?

Remember it was early days, and would like to have another look without watching from the start.

Semantics…..

Clutching at straws. It wasn’t a scuffle it was a direct punch to the head while both players were on the ground. Smith was leaning over the top of him and drove a right fist into his head. Umpire was about 3-5 metres away and paid the free kick and reported him straight away. Umpire even mimicked the action Smith did when he blew the whistle. If he gets off this then it will truly demonstrate the influence the Shepparton football league has over the rest of the competition. High contact, intentional and medium force. 1-2 weeks with an early plea. Saw this from my seat about 15 mtrs in front of me with an absolute clear view of it. The fact the vision isn’t totally clear makes it worse for smith as he had nothing to defend as you can see the action on the footage of him throwing the punch but can’t see it land. The umpire will say it landed as he was so close he could see it, as i could in the grandstand. Ask Jack McHale from Echuca what it’s like to miss a GF…he took it on the chin and owned it. This is much the same although not as much force as Jacks. Clearly intentional though. Guess we will watch with interest.

Clutching at straws. It wasn’t a scuffle it was a direct punch to the head while both players were on the ground. Smith was leaning over the top of him and drove a right fist into his head. Umpire was about 3-5 metres away and paid the free kick and reported him straight away. Umpire even mimicked the action Smith did when he blew the whistle. If he gets off this then it will truly demonstrate the influence the Shepparton football league has over the rest of the competition. High contact, intentional and medium force. 1-2 weeks with an early plea. Saw this from my seat about 15 mtrs in front of me with an absolute clear view of it. The fact the vision isn’t totally clear makes it worse for smith as he had nothing to defend as you can see the action on the footage of him throwing the punch but can’t see it land. The umpire will say it landed as he was so close he could see it, as i could in the grandstand. Ask Jack McHale from Echuca what it’s like to miss a GF…he took it on the chin and owned it. This is much the same although not as much force as Jacks. Clearly intentional though. Guess we will watch with interest.
my belief is he will be offered or has been offered 2

Bad luck yesterday Tongue man. Now the dust has relatively settled, what’s the wash up from your tigers? How will they stack up next year?

Been a terrific year from your boys mate and I have thoroughly enjoyed the back and forth banter. Kudos on a great year.

Hey Thermos. Best to take the positives from the year as we finished 10th last year. And the Twos are in a GF. I am sure Ash and his recruiting team will be looking for some extra talent to allow them to close the gap on Shepparton and Echuca in 2025.

Can anyone point out what minute mark it was?

Remember it was early days, and would

Hey Thermos. Best to take the positives from the year as we finished 10th last year. And the Twos are in a GF. I am sure Ash and his recruiting team will be looking for some extra talent to allow them to close the gap on Shepparton and Echuca in 2025.
Rochester punch well above their weight in this competition as a community and a club. After what they have been through it is a miracle that they are where they are. Atley seemed to be underdone on Sunday and seemed very proppy. Ash Watson is such a great person and I'm sure many will agree, one of the great on ballers of his time in the GV. Hopefully the can keep the momentum going with this list and have a real crack next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes this stuff can become a distraction for the opposition club. I hope it's not the case in this instance.

Luke smith has got offered 3 weeks and there gonna try take them on to play this weekend! Going to be interesting! 3 weeks is a lot to try get off!
I know as a club your going to try but its not like he was offered 1 and it could be reduced.
He landed the punch. Do the crime, do the time. He got caught.
Shepp will need to find another player to come in as he will not be available IMO, and if he does get off that, then welcome to GV UFC next year.

Sitting on the couch playing a drinking game tonight. Every time McCarthy gets a vote I drink. I will be *ing paralysed by round 9. Round 18 stomached pumped and off to hospital I go. * it. I’m already pissed!

I can’t see him getting up for you Thermos. Not with my man Big Red Shed Betson stealing all his votes. 1, 2 meowies finish I hope.

Just wondering if Rochy player number 47 was cited by the MRO also? He should get 4 weeks for smashing into smith front on, while smith had his head down. It was very dangerous and the kind of act that could have had dire consequences. Obviously why smith was so upset and remonstrated. He would put up with that weak crap every week getting targeted by cheap acts! We want our best players playing and umpires need to protect the player with the ball, not allow for them to be targeted by cheap shots.

Just wondering if Rochy player number 47 was cited by the MRO also? He should get 4 weeks for smashing into smith front on, while smith had his head down. It was very dangerous and the kind of act that could have had dire consequences. Obviously why smith was so upset and remonstrated. He would put up with that weak crap every week getting targeted by cheap acts! We want our best players playing and umpires need to protect the player with the ball, not allow for them to be targeted by cheap shots.

Just on here for a reaction. Idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back