Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

Where are the rules that state you have to be female to be a beautician Trev? Now get to bed mate, and rest those golden tonsils. You have a big day tomorrow no doubt. By the way, anybody who sits in their bedroom and films themselves taking off other commentators or television personalities, then puts them on youtube, probably needs to see a shrink. But as long as you're happy bud.
Ease up a bit mate. Who cares what he does? He's not harming anyone, so why complain and bag him about what he does? I think Trevor's impersonations are sensational, and the radio show is good, too. There are worse things in life you could be worrying about.

Anyone got any info on the all in brawl at 3Q time? Any reports? Chris McCarty is a fairly handy inclusion coming into the team at the business end of the season. He has been in the best every week bar one after not playing for 2 years while overseas...

Elimination Final 1: (Ladder Pos 3 v. Ladder Pos 6)
» Rochester 5.4 7.14 12.15 14.20 (104) v » Echuca 2.3 2.4 4.11 8.15 (63) Kyabram Rec Reserve - Kyabram 7/9/2008 2.15pm

Goals
Rochester Anthony Mcphee 6, Dean Moon 1, Kahl Oliver 1, Jacob Perry 1, Clint Whitsed 1, Matthew Hyden 1, Matthew Letcher 1, Christopher Mccarty 1
Echuca Matthew Tonizzo 2, Liam Wilkinson 1, Dylan Butler 1, Christopher Casey 1, Adrian Dohnt 1, John Halloran 1, Sean Murphy 1
Best
Rochester Christopher Mccarty, Sam O'brien, Anthony Mcphee, Dean Moon, Bradley Collins, Scott Hann
Echuca Adrian Dohnt, Guy Campbell, Dylan Butler, Toby Gilmour, Thomas Mckittrick, Brendan Prendergast

Anyone got any info on the all in brawl at 3Q time? Any reports? Chris McCarty is a fairly handy inclusion coming into the team at the business end of the season. He has been in the best every week bar one after not playing for 2 years while overseas...

Elimination Final 1: (Ladder Pos 3 v. Ladder Pos 6)
» Rochester 5.4 7.14 12.15 14.20 (104) v » Echuca 2.3 2.4 4.11 8.15 (63) Kyabram Rec Reserve - Kyabram 7/9/2008 2.15pm

Goals
Rochester Anthony Mcphee 6, Dean Moon 1, Kahl Oliver 1, Jacob Perry 1, Clint Whitsed 1, Matthew Hyden 1, Matthew Letcher 1, Christopher Mccarty 1
Echuca Matthew Tonizzo 2, Liam Wilkinson 1, Dylan Butler 1, Christopher Casey 1, Adrian Dohnt 1, John Halloran 1, Sean Murphy 1
Best
Rochester Christopher Mccarty, Sam O'brien, Anthony Mcphee, Dean Moon, Bradley Collins, Scott Hann
Echuca Adrian Dohnt, Guy Campbell, Dylan Butler, Toby Gilmour, Thomas Mckittrick, Brendan Prendergast

At that game and a huge brawl at 3/4 time-very nasty! Ash Watson needs to have a long look at himself-Sparked the incident by punching a young Echuca player in the face. Funnily enough he did'nt have the GUTS to come back on in the last 1/4-Your my HERO Ash-Weak as Piss!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Ease up a bit mate. Who cares what he does? He's not harming anyone, so why complain and bag him about what he does? I think Trevor's impersonations are sensational, and the radio show is good, too. There are worse things in life you could be worrying about.

hier hier mate, sorry again if I'v offended anyone,

Anyway I dont know whether the umps saw Ash Watson today, cos I think he was the one who had a bit to do with the 3/4 time scuffle.

But Ash should be ok for morrison medal night :thumbsu:

Why wern't 98.5 FM at the Seymour v Mooroopna game yesterday? Seems a little strange to me that with first v second in a final at Deakin Reserve they would choose not to be there.:confused::confused:
In any case it was a great game of GV footy and congratulations to the Seymour boys for their come from behind win.:thumbsu:

Got knocked out in the second quarter. Thankfully though he's ok and was pretty pleased to hear that the boys got over the line.

Will there ever be a week where the 22 Lions that run out get through a match unscathed? Has been an amazing effort to date IMO with the horror run of injuries - was Habers the only casualty for the weekend?

Why wern't 98.5 FM at the Seymour v Mooroopna game yesterday? Seems a little strange to me that with first v second in a final at Deakin Reserve they would choose not to be there.:confused::confused:
In any case it was a great game of GV footy and congratulations to the Seymour boys for their come from behind win.:thumbsu:

yeah not sure mate, but I reckon your boys are red hot favourites for four in a row.... unless Rochy can challenge you blokes :thumbsu:

Will there ever be a week where the 22 Lions that run out get through a match unscathed? Has been an amazing effort to date IMO with the horror run of injuries - was Habers the only casualty for the weekend?

Unfortunately not. The injury list continues to grow. I think Rob Innes may have joined the wounded group and I'm told may be in doubt for this week.:(:(
If we don't start getting some back soon the two's might have to forfiet.:eek:

Re: Official GVFL thread

Can't believe Ky got within 7 points, heard they hit the front in the last quarter after being down by 7 goals at one stage, newy is apparently ok, just a little sore, anyone on here see the game and can give me a little bit of an insight into who played well etc?

steve thomson was best for ky.. newman did well considering..

anyone see echuca vs. rochester? any news on that fight?

steve thomson was best for ky.. newman did well considering..

anyone see echuca vs. rochester? any news on that fight?[/quote]

This is second hand but its what I was told last night.
Lenny Smit got tackled in BALLS and all tackle and was not happy with the treatment. He started the fight by smacking an echuca player ( didnt hear who). It then started the all in and there were several Rochester players going on with it, to the detriment of them next week as they were 6 goals up at the time. All has been captured on video and Rochester supporter thought last night 3 rochy players would get weeks and probably 1 or 2 echuca blokes.
Would be disappointing to lose a few good players for the finals after this but dont think if all is corect the league can overlook it. The only thing to save players would be the tape going missing as I heard no reports made on the day by umpires

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey trev, loved the comeback regarding the crows. Don't get me fired up. They are a huge part of my life, and its a sensitive issue. I'm actually part of their cheer squad when they play in melbourne. We have so much fun cheering them on, especially when my favorite player Bernie Vince kicks a goal. Tell me Trevor, if you're so passionate about football, why don't you play, instead of yelling into the microphone on your saturday afternoons?

Come on whippet, no need to keep digging in! Trev sounds like a great bloke having a crack at a pretty tough job. A little credit wouldn't go astray!

Unfortunately not. The injury list continues to grow. I think Rob Innes may have joined the wounded group and I'm told may be in doubt for this week.:(:(
If we don't start getting some back soon the two's might have to forfiet.:eek:
I hear the Lions have up to 10 on the injured list with at least 6-7 who would be walk up starts in the 1's - Anderson, Stevenson, Reid, Hooper, King (all guns), Gillet (?) and another handful of borderline senior players. Any of these guys any chance of returning? Unbeilevable effort to keep winning. No wonder the 2's are struggling otherwise both teams would have the premiership in the bag. Easily!

The league can summon video tape to make reports?

It is Rochy vs Echuca after all, a few blues are a given.

How often has the league ever done a video review without the complaint of the opposition team??

I recall a certain Swans ruckman flapping his wings around and knocking Saad out cold and the tribunral saying the video evidence was circumstantial and unclear...for those who would like to see how clear it was on Youtube...it can be arranged.

I think Sutherland got 4 weeks?? Dirty f**ker Should have got 8-10. Was as bad as Barry Hall on staker.

Where is the hard part about calling who has the ball, where abouts, whos winning, why etc.? All it is, is someone giving their opinion on the game. Thats what everyone is on Bigfooty for. Giving their opinions. Trev is always getting on here asking how his performance was, and if a player was to do that, they would be ridiculed no end.
And if he wants his ego massaged, then perhaps he should head down the local knock shop. That should do it.

Where is the hard part about calling who has the ball, where abouts, whos winning, why etc.? All it is, is someone giving their opinion on the game. Thats what everyone is on Bigfooty for. Giving their opinions. Trev is always getting on here asking how his performance was, and if a player was to do that, they would be ridiculed no end.
And if he wants his ego massaged, then perhaps he should head down the local knock shop. That should do it.
What are the prices these days, Whippet.;)

A little constructive feedback from those who listen to him is a positive thing. He is after all trying to please guys like you and any tips for improvement Im sure he takes on board to better himself. Like I said, no need to go too far!

seriously it cant be that hard as we hear what is produced and its average to say the least. The callers get the players names wrong and you reckon player A id destroying them and then they say into the 3rd quarter " I think I've been calling him so and so for the game" QUALITY. Happens nearly every week. Then you al discuss between yourself where you have eaten during the week and all the funny anecdotes for the hilarious people you are during the week.
You certainly wont be stepping up to take over from Rick Olrenshaw or even Phil Cleary so just try to improve you situation and when you do I will be the first to pat you on the back. WAITING and have been for quite a while.

Lol, classic:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: enough of these?

Calling the footy is a hard job mate, and until you'v worked on radio, you don't realise actually how hard a job it is.... anyway mate, enough arguing.... just enjoy the finals champ :thumbsu:
what happened to the wog guy from the shepp news? he was the best caller and hasn't been on for months

I hear the Lions have up to 10 on the injured list with at least 6-7 who would be walk up starts in the 1's - Anderson, Stevenson, Reid, Hooper, King (all guns), Gillet (?) and another handful of borderline senior players. Any of these guys any chance of returning? Unbeilevable effort to keep winning. No wonder the 2's are struggling otherwise both teams would have the premiership in the bag. Easily!

I think you're right on the money chance, if you put those top 5 blokes in i can't see anyone getting within a bulls roar of us but injuries are a part of footy and just have to do the best you can with what you've got left. Tim Hooper will certainly play again and "Joffa" Anderson has only just gone past his 12 month time frame for his knee so probably should'nt risk it (even though it's finals time). "Freddy" Reid i'm told has to have surgery on his hamsting and Kingy has had his surgery on an old leg complaint and should be good to go next year.

"Razor Gillett has unfortunately sucumbed to heel spurs which is damm shame because he was one of those blokes who could play either end and was hitting a bit of form before he had to snatch it.

what happened to the wog guy from the shepp news? he was the best caller and hasn't been on for months

yeah theo pellizzeri is it?? i liked him, him and wesley cusworth were the dream team... theo and old snipesy made a good combination and the call flowed... maybe theo is being saved for the granny, i hope so!!!

Peter Cardamone? I think he got a gig this year at 6PR calling interstate games live back into Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back