Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

I think you mean Shane Robertson, 1987 premiership player for the Blues... what's his story?? does he have a link with seymour??

Sorry marc you are correct , he is a good mate of SJs , Scanlons , and knows all the boys from the bullants where he was assistant coach , not sure whether he was on the coaching staff at Carlton with Williams and Sj , but do know he is a ripper coach. Coached Castlemaine to premierships and Hepburn :thumbsu:

Sorry marc you are correct , he is a good mate of SJs , Scanlons , and knows all the boys from the bullants where he was assistant coach , not sure whether he was on the coaching staff at Carlton with Williams and Sj , but do know he is a ripper coach. Coached Castlemaine to premierships and Hepburn :thumbsu:

I think Footyboss would no him also :thumbsu:

The lions spoke to SJ to see where he is at [ staying in Cairns] and now Shane Robinson former Carlton premiership player and has been coaching Hepburn last few years :thumbsu:

He is only one of three that has been spoken to about the job and i would not go putting all of your shekels on that pony to come in ;).

No doubt he would be a big loss. Nevertheless 5 or 6 u/18 players from the premiership side and some recruits will add to a developing team.

Ringo , are they anouncing the senior coaching job yet , Bushy was talking up Henderson at the Cal at about 6pm , do you agree with that ;)

Ringo , are they anouncing the senior coaching job yet , Bushy was talking up Henderson at the Cal at about 6pm , do you agree with that ;)
Bushy was right on the money, Acky. Brett Henderson was announced Echuca's new senior coach tonight. He certainly proved himself after coaching Echuca's thirds to a premiership this year.

Robertson has been coach of Hepburn since 2005- They have won premierships in 05,06 and 08. In 07 they lost the grand final and were narrowly beaten by eventual premiers Daylesford by 3points in the Preliminary Final. Is a great coach who demands nothing but respect. Has been signed for Hepburn in 09 again and the deal was done a few months ago... after the club signed all of their premiership players.
Im not sure about the new coach of Echuca but it will be interesting if they can retain all of their quality players as the rumour mill has already started to turn....

Bushy was right on the money, Acky. Brett Henderson was announced Echuca's new senior coach tonight. He certainly proved himself after coaching Echuca's thirds to a premiership this year.

Would that be the Brett Henderson that coached Leeton in the Riverina league back in the 90's?

Robertson has been coach of Hepburn since 2005- They have won premierships in 05,06 and 08. In 07 they lost the grand final and were narrowly beaten by eventual premiers Daylesford by 3points in the Preliminary Final. Is a great coach who demands nothing but respect. Has been signed for Hepburn in 09 again and the deal was done a few months ago... after the club signed all of their premiership players.
Im not sure about the new coach of Echuca but it will be interesting if they can retain all of their quality players as the rumour mill has already started to turn....
Haven't heard a great deal about any new recruits for Echuca but I am of the belief that leaving the club will be Guy Campbell (Rochester), Colin Durie (To coach somewhere up in the North Central area at his original club) and Matt Tonizzo (Returning to Sydney).

Haven't heard a great deal about any new recruits for Echuca but I am of the belief that leaving the club will be Guy Campbell (Rochester), Colin Durie (To coach somewhere up in the North Central area at his original club) and Matt Tonizzo (Returning to Sydney).

Very interesting. A few years ago when Guy came back to the district upon leaving the AFL it was believed that he would come to Rochy. His sister goes out with Rochy's captain Dean Moon. He would be an awesome pick-up.

I've heard rumours that Ben Anderson and Sam Brennan (both overseas) will come back to Rochy next year too, although they are very tentative at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting. A few years ago when Guy came back to the district upon leaving the AFL it was believed that he would come to Rochy. His sister goes out with Rochy's captain Dean Moon. He would be an awesome pick-up.

I've heard rumours that Ben Anderson and Sam Brennan (both overseas) will come back to Rochy next year too, although they are very tentative at this stage.

Massive news out of Rochy this morning. A certain Echuca gun has signed on for next year with Rochy, have heard the Anderson and Brennan rumour as well. If true, Rochy's big man stocks will be helped out dramatically.

The word on the street is the Mansfield Eagles are going all out for a flag next year. Kelly wants a flag and not worry about coin. Should be interesting next few months with recruiting.

Please forgive the sarcastic undertones of this reply 'rowey but wouldn't the addition of the above mentioned player constitute recruitment of a NON LOCAL (or person from Rochester), as that is what you blokes constantly remind us from down the highway and anyone else who "DARES" to recruit from out of town, is that all of your side is local.Or does going out with Moony's sister make him an automatic local.

Also at the risk of being corrected(not that i mind) but are'nt 2 of your current premiership players,Ben duesher and Elliot Bowen, from the Mildura area :confused:. Quite a distance from Rochester wouldn't you agree buddy ?:D

Please forgive the sarcastic undertones of this reply 'rowey but wouldn't the addition of the above mentioned player constitute recruitment of a NON LOCAL (or person from Rochester), as that is what you blokes constantly remind us from down the highway and anyone else who "DARES" to recruit from out of town, is that all of your side is local.

Also at the risk of being corrected(not that i mind) but are'nt 2 of your current premiership players,Ben duesher and Elliot Bowen, from the Mildura area :confused:. Quite a distance from Rochester wouldn't you agree buddy ?:D Or does going out with Moony's sister make him an automatic local.

I've been waiting for this. Thanks. And thanks for subscribing to the typical, hysterical BS and not actually reading my posts.

Last year Rochester lost six senior players; Heath Aitken, Nick Knight, Ben Anderson, Mark Watson, Robert Tuohey and Brodie Montague. They finished seventh last year and without these players, would probably slip further down the ladder.

So where should they get replacement players from? The reserves? They finished runners up last year but lost quite a few players to district teams and a lot of them went to Melbourne for study. The Thirds? They have struggled the past few years.

Therefore, they brought in five recruits; three that were stars, albeit very young stars (Deuscher, O'Brien and Collins), one that was a young developing ruckman (Givney) and one from Rushworth (Perry). Rasmussen and McCarty also returned to a team they played junior football for.

I've never said that a GV team should be all local. I would love for you to show me one of my posts where I said that. My contention has always been that the majority of the team should represent the town and then topped up with a few recruits.

Thirteen of the premiership winning team played thirds for Rochester. Schmidt and Whitsed are the coach and assistant coach. Surely they aren't counted as recruits. The other five are the new recruits and the last one is Bowen. These recruits were hardly champions and big time and big name recruits from Melbourne. They were all around the age of 21. O'Brien didn't even play footy at all last year. Also, the three emergencies were all Rochy boys too.

When I asked last year, someone told me on here that Seymour's premiership team had twelve players that weren't local. Hmmm.

Knock yourself out on that.

I've been waiting for this. Thanks. And thanks for subscribing to the typical, hysterical BS and not actually reading my posts.

Last year Rochester lost six senior players; Heath Aitken, Nick Knight, Ben Anderson, Mark Watson, Robert Tuohey and Brodie Montague. They finished seventh last year and without these players, would probably slip further down the ladder.

So where should they get replacement players from? The reserves? They finished runners up last year but lost quite a few players to district teams and a lot of them went to Melbourne for study. The Thirds? They have struggled the past few years.

Therefore, they brought in five recruits; three that were stars, albeit very young stars (Deuscher, O'Brien and Collins), one that was a young developing ruckman (Givney) and one from Rushworth (Perry). Rasmussen and McCarty also returned to a team they played junior football for.

I've never said that a GV team should be all local. I would love for you to show me one of my posts where I said that. My contention has always been that the majority of the team should represent the town and then topped up with a few recruits.

Thirteen of the premiership winning team played thirds for Rochester. Schmidt and Whitsed are the coach and assistant coach. Surely they aren't counted as recruits. The other five are the new recruits and the last one is Bowen. These recruits were hardly champions and big time and big name recruits from Melbourne. They were all around the age of 21. O'Brien didn't even play footy at all last year. Also, the three emergencies were all Rochy boys too.

When I asked last year, someone told me on here that Seymour's premiership team had twelve players that weren't local. Hmmm.

Knock yourself out on that.

I said i didn't mind being corrected but instead i get the recital of the bloody Ghettysburg Address :eek: PHEW!
There have been snide remarks over the last few years in program club notes and newspapers from "Rochy" people regarding the recruiting habits of other clubs with a "us" against "them" attitude. Whether Schmidt and Whitsted are coaches or not they would still be regarded as recruits if they are not local.

The original source of my question comes from the Sunraysia F.L thread on the 29th of sept. post no.5556 and 5558 so knock yourself out on that chief :thumbsu:;).

P.S The one thing i do agree with you on is that Deuscher,O'Brien and Collins are stars :thumbsu:.

Durie definitely not coaching in North Central but id say will be leaving and yes for his old club. Butler may be going too..

Please forgive the sarcastic undertones of this reply 'rowey but wouldn't the addition of the above mentioned player constitute recruitment of a NON LOCAL (or person from Rochester), as that is what you blokes constantly remind us from down the highway and anyone else who "DARES" to recruit from out of town, is that all of your side is local.Or does going out with Moony's sister make him an automatic local.

Also at the risk of being corrected(not that i mind) but are'nt 2 of your current premiership players,Ben duesher and Elliot Bowen, from the Mildura area :confused:. Quite a distance from Rochester wouldn't you agree buddy ?:D
duscher moved to the area for work and just so happend to get a job with the not then the coach so worked out well for both i would say

I said i didn't mind being corrected but instead i get the recital of the bloody Ghettysburg Address :eek: PHEW!
There have been snide remarks over the last few years in program club notes and newspapers from "Rochy" people regarding the recruiting habits of other clubs with a "us" against "them" attitude. Whether Schmidt and Whitsted are coaches or not they would still be regarded as recruits if they are not local.

Its called a seige mentality and has been instilled in the team over years of us against them. Most teams will have it but Dave may have put a bit of mayonaise on it over the years and pushed it as hard as anyone. I reckon Ky will be getting the same spirit injected for the next few years.

Durie definitely not coaching in North Central but id say will be leaving and yes for his old club. Butler may be going too..
That's true. I have since been informed that he is originally from up Berri way - past Mildura.

As for Butsy, I heard he could be considering retirement. He would be crazy if he did, though!

Think you might find it's Moon going out with Guy's sister. Guy going to Rochy has been rumoured for a large portion of this season and may be wrong but have a feeling that Guys family do in fact decend from Rochy ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back