Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

Think you might find it's Moon going out with Guy's sister. Guy going to Rochy has been rumoured for a large portion of this season and may be wrong but have a feeling that Guys family do in fact decend from Rochy ???
No, not quite. His grandparents lived there for a short time many years ago but he is an Echuca local. Moon is going out with Guy's sister Ash.

I've been waiting for this. Thanks. And thanks for subscribing to the typical, hysterical BS and not actually reading my posts.

Last year Rochester lost six senior players; Heath Aitken, Nick Knight, Ben Anderson, Mark Watson, Robert Tuohey and Brodie Montague. They finished seventh last year and without these players, would probably slip further down the ladder.

So where should they get replacement players from? The reserves? They finished runners up last year but lost quite a few players to district teams and a lot of them went to Melbourne for study. The Thirds? They have struggled the past few years.

Therefore, they brought in five recruits; three that were stars, albeit very young stars (Deuscher, O'Brien and Collins), one that was a young developing ruckman (Givney) and one from Rushworth (Perry). Rasmussen and McCarty also returned to a team they played junior football for.

I've never said that a GV team should be all local. I would love for you to show me one of my posts where I said that. My contention has always been that the majority of the team should represent the town and then topped up with a few recruits.

Thirteen of the premiership winning team played thirds for Rochester. Schmidt and Whitsed are the coach and assistant coach. Surely they aren't counted as recruits. The other five are the new recruits and the last one is Bowen. These recruits were hardly champions and big time and big name recruits from Melbourne. They were all around the age of 21. O'Brien didn't even play footy at all last year. Also, the three emergencies were all Rochy boys too.

When I asked last year, someone told me on here that Seymour's premiership team had twelve players that weren't local. Hmmm.

Knock yourself out on that.

Only 10 players to be precise but hey lets not pick peanuts out of poo !. In short i think it's great that you've recruited so well to compliment your local talent as do most clubs at this level of country footy because lets face it ,the days of a purely local successful(or premiership)team are long gone. Its just that some die hard supporters still do not like to see out of towners playing at their footy club and don't mind letting everyone else know about it but if you want the best result,sometimes the best players don't live locally.I have a beer and a meal with workmates at my local every friday nite but i still like to catch the WIN TV footy report and a mate from across the bar,who is incidently a former Seymour player,turns and say's he doesn't want to know about the Seymour "Melbourne"lions,that pisses me off serverely :mad:.

Apparently Scanlon announced at Seymour's presentation night that he will be coming back to The Den in 2009...

How could you go from Echuca to Rochy??? Or Rochy to Echuca....thats worse than kissing your sister! Don't know how you could do that....in saying that he has gone from Echuca to United to somewhere else to Echuca (again) then to Rochy......

How could you go from Echuca to Rochy??? Or Rochy to Echuca....thats worse than kissing your sister! Don't know how you could do that....in saying that he has gone from Echuca to United to somewhere else to Echuca (again) then to Rochy......

I reckon Guy must be thinking about premierships and were he can play in them.
Also its a fair whack to the Echuca Footy Club to lose a player to Rochy like this. Must be something more to it? Any issues arise during the year that may have contributed to this decision?

Guy Campbell would have played footy with Shmidt, Whitsed, Bowen, at Bendigo so would probably be mates with them and they might have got into his ear

Also its a fair whack to the Echuca Footy Club to lose a player to Rochy like this. Must be something more to it? Any issues arise during the year that may have contributed to this decision?

Why don't you worry about your own backyard balraj-personally sick of you and your comments and poor attempts to disrupt other clubs-especially when YOU have caused so much angst at the clubs tou have r*ped!!!In fact NOONE RESPECTS YOU ON THIS THREAD SO GO AWAY:thumbsdown:

Why don't you worry about your own backyard balraj-personally sick of you and your comments and poor attempts to disrupt other clubs-especially when YOU have caused so much angst at the clubs tou have r*ped!!!In fact NOONE RESPECTS YOU ON THIS THREAD SO GO AWAY:thumbsdown:

missed by a mile with these comments. I can guarantee you its not Balraj and im just a local who sees a bit of GV and district footy and knows how good Guy Campbell is.
Vitriolic spray still doesnt answer why a player in the best 5 at Echuca would leave.Thats the question everyone is asking and Echuca will need to investigate to see.
Its almost like Ash watson leaving and going to Echuca. Huge

It's got nothing to do with that, mate. No issues arose during the year which may have possessed him to make the move, and he is definitely not a premiership chasing player. His intentions at the beginning of the season were to play a season at Echuca with his old mate Brad Smith before he retired, then head to Rochester to join future brother in-law Moony, as well as Shmidt, Whitsed and Bowen with whom he played with whilst at Bendigo.

I know Rochy are off to Newcastle this weekend for the footy trip which is being attended by all senior players and quite a few 2nds. President going as well. If its not ugly it should be and what goes on the footy trip stays on the footy trip. :thumbsu::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 10 players to be precise but hey lets not pick peanuts out of poo !. In short i think it's great that you've recruited so well to compliment your local talent as do most clubs at this level of country footy because lets face it ,the days of a purely local successful(or premiership)team are long gone. Its just that some die hard supporters still do not like to see out of towners playing at their footy club and don't mind letting everyone else know about it but if you want the best result,sometimes the best players don't live locally.I have a beer and a meal with workmates at my local every friday nite but i still like to catch the WIN TV footy report and a mate from across the bar,who is incidently a former Seymour player,turns and say's he doesn't want to know about the Seymour "Melbourne"lions,that pisses me off serverely :mad:.

I think you raise some good points and apologise for my earlier flippancy.

I have been pretty harsh on Seymour for the past few years, but now that I think about it, I think a lot of that criticism has been misdirected. Seymour's recruits have been pretty loyal overall, rather than just grabbing a bit of cash and the pissing off. They tend to stick around. They have been the benchmark for the last few years and seemed to have organised themselves off field.

The idea that I favour is having a local team complimented by a few top-up recruits, but nowadays this is pretty hard. Obviously this rewards the locals and is cheaper, but it can also have a detrimental effect; it can cost you premierships. Seymour have grabbed their chances and can look back on this time as one of their golden periods. Ultimately, it's all about sustainability, so I guess if Seymour are still competitive and financial in 10 years time, then they have done well.

Rochy was called the 'Melbourne Seconds' in 1992, but only had 4 out of the 20 players (that played in the GF) as Melbourne recruits. But thanks to the Shepp media, the label stuck. Perception is a funny game and breaking it is a tough gig.

Haha. The only person I can think of that has done this is Kane Henson, who left Echuca for Rochy in 1998. I can't remember any before or since that.

I know Rochy are off to Newcastle this weekend for the footy trip which is being attended by all senior players and quite a few 2nds. President going as well. If its not ugly it should be and what goes on the footy trip stays on the footy trip. :thumbsu::D

Haven't their livers suffered enough?

"I know Rochy are off to Newcastle this weekend for the footy trip which is being attended by all senior players and quite a few 2nds. President going as well. If its not ugly it should be and what goes on the footy trip stays on the footy trip. "

You would know about footy trips GG Rides Again. You have been taught by masters. Especially some of those Thursday night practice sessions.

Rochy was called the 'Melbourne Seconds' in 1992, but only had 4 out of the 20 players (that played in the GF) as Melbourne recruits. But thanks to the Shepp media, the label stuck. Perception is a funny game and breaking it is a tough gig.

That perception must have been well and truly lost by the Grand Final. Most biased speciman of radio commentary in history, preserved for all time on the official video of the game. You would have thought Tat were the team that only lost 2 games that year.

Haven't their livers suffered enough?

Rest assured that most of the players' livers have had more of a touch up than the majority of Tatura's season. All sound very keen to continue the premiership celebrations. Do believe there is an op shop theme for the weekend. After seeing some of Scoota Hahn's attire during the year, he could be right at home.

What the??? Anyway the Murray league has its proposed draw out. How far away is the GV proposed draw-can we expect it soon?

A very strong rumour Whitsed is leaving Rochy to coach Strathfieldsaye, the new club in the Bendigo league
The Murray Football League has always been very quick to realease a preliminary draw prior to the end of the previous season with all of the game requests from each of the clubs taken into account. It allows both the clubs and the public time to adjust anything that needs changing etc.

I don't think the Goulburn Valley Football League release theirs this early which is a shame, because it's good to be able to plan ahead for the coming season.

You're spot on as far as Whitsed goes. Apparently he has been told that his services as assistant coach will no longer be needed next year.

I think you raise some good points and apologise for my earlier flippancy.

I have been pretty harsh on Seymour for the past few years, but now that I think about it, I think a lot of that criticism has been misdirected. Seymour's recruits have been pretty loyal overall, rather than just grabbing a bit of cash and the pissing off. They tend to stick around. They have been the benchmark for the last few years and seemed to have organised themselves off field.

The idea that I favour is having a local team complimented by a few top-up recruits, but nowadays this is pretty hard. Obviously this rewards the locals and is cheaper, but it can also have a detrimental effect; it can cost you premierships. Seymour have grabbed their chances and can look back on this time as one of their golden periods. Ultimately, it's all about sustainability, so I guess if Seymour are still competitive and financial in 10 years time, then they have done well.

Dont you change your tune after a win, w#nker! If Seymour had won it would have been the same old broken record about other teams in the GV bringing in players to top their list with quality and how Rochy do so well with all their great locals. So now all of a sudden youve had to change your opinion totally so your not getting stuck into your own wonderful team.
GO TIGERS!! woo hoo

Dont you change your tune after a win, w#nker! If Seymour had won it would have been the same old broken record about other teams in the GV bringing in players to top their list with quality and how Rochy do so well with all their great locals. So now all of a sudden youve had to change your opinion totally so your not getting stuck into your own wonderful team.
GO TIGERS!! woo hoo

Dont you look like a f*%kwit now, worst judge on bigfooty.....You have absolutely no idea

GO TIGERS!! woo hoo

First time we've seen you here for awhile.

Any comments on the grand final?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back