Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

As stated before opinion but if a FF gets 3 hand passes over the top and kicks 2 off the ground on the goal line and then gets 4 perfect passes and ends up kicking 9 whilst the FP kicks 4 from going and getting the ball on the wing kicking to a link and running hard to make space for a shot and had 5 tackles and chases who would be the better player?I would back the FP as he was doing all the team things but the FF still kicked 9. I reckon the end result of the goal kicker is sometimes missed by the hard work done to get the end result. Yes you have to kick them and finish it off but by not kicking goals is the contribution less by getting the ball to the goal kicker?

In response to the point about Vick being in the best players why cant this be the case? Midfielders of opposing teams match up on each other every week and get in their teams best players all the time. No real difference except positions played.
What is all that dribble?
Why do you blokes feel the need to make up stories just to try and justify your point?
If it didnt happen why say it??:thumbsdown:

What is all that dribble?
Why do you blokes feel the need to make up stories just to try and justify your point?
If it didnt happen why say it??:thumbsdown:

I think people use examples (especially when responding to you) as we think you find it hard to comprehend normal responses. Why is it so hard to believe a backman could get the best player?

Obviously Ky were happy with the job Vick did.

He wasnt just a backman horse man, he was full back!!

There was a full back down the other end that actually did his job and only kept big Balraj to 2. I think thats what you call a backman doing his job!

I saw the game and when your man kicks 7, especially at full back you haven't done your job.

As for Yze, he was the highest possession getter on the field. Maybe atkins should have been tagging him as he had 10 more touches than him!

Thoughts?

Some big games this week!

Here's my tips:
Benalla 10pts
Mansfield 5pts
Euroa 30pts
Seymour 120pts
Swans 50pts
Kyabram 25pts

Thanks for the Seymour prediction. That will be our closest margin for the year if it is 120pts! Lets hope our boys can play like they did in the first half against Mooroopna and keep it to double figures, not triple! Or maybe an upset win like at Mansfield last year...How great would that be!!!

Thanks for the Seymour prediction. That will be our closest margin for the year if it is 120pts! Lets hope our boys can play like they did in the first half against Mooroopna and keep it to double figures, not triple! Or maybe an upset win like at Mansfield last year...How great would that be!!!
keep dreaming leg humper

As stated before opinion but if a FF gets 3 hand passes over the top and kicks 2 off the ground on the goal line and then gets 4 perfect passes and ends up kicking 9 whilst the FP kicks 4 from going and getting the ball on the wing kicking to a link and running hard to make space for a shot and had 5 tackles and chases who would be the better player?I would back the FP as he was doing all the team things but the FF still kicked 9. I reckon the end result of the goal kicker is sometimes missed by the hard work done to get the end result. Yes you have to kick them and finish it off but by not kicking goals is the contribution less by getting the ball to the goal kicker?

In response to the point about Vick being in the best players why cant this be the case? Midfielders of opposing teams match up on each other every week and get in their teams best players all the time. No real difference except positions played

What is that crap?
a total waste of the hypothetical
Also, give some credit to those who are watching (ie; those with sense who have played the game) They know who put in and who did it easy.

If you could pick two players from each Goulburn Valley club who would you pick? This is like a GV dream team. Remember you cannot be wrong because it is your opinion. For example: Seymour – Scanlon & Saad

This is the players you rate the highest from each club, you don’t have to pick players into specific positions.

Benalla:
Echuca:
Euroa:
Kyabram:
Mansfield:
Mooroopna:
Rochester:
Seymour:
Shepp Bears:
Shepp Swans:
Shepp United:
[FONT=&quot]Tatura:[/FONT]

If you could pick two players from each Goulburn Valley club who would you pick? This is like a GV dream team. Remember you cannot be wrong because it is your opinion. For example: Seymour – Scanlon & Saad

This is the players you rate the highest from each club, you don’t have to pick players into specific positions.

Benalla:Michael Stevens, Brendan Stevens
Echuca:Guy Campbell, Adrian Dohnt
Euroa:Shane Clayton, Hayden Lamaro
Kyabram:paul Newman, Chris Atkins
Mansfield:Matt Storer, Matt Trewella
Mooroopna:Robert Osborne, Blake Campbell
Rochester:Ash Watson, Elliott Bowen
Seymour:Saad Saad, Paul Scanlon
Shepp Bears:Marc Harrop, Nick Allan
Shepp Swans:Jarrod Illett, Lachlan Veale
Shepp United:Tyson Sidebottom, Joey Perkovic
Tatura:Andrew Crawford, Alex Isailovic

What is that crap?
a total waste of the hypothetical
Also, give some credit to those who are watching (ie; those with sense who have played the game) They know who put in and who did it easy.

I am a bit lost on this comment as I read other comments from other posters that refer to goal kicking,high possesions and shutting down players. How do you pick your best players?
I usually give more credence to those playing and what they say.

Benalla v Echuca by 10 points
Euroa v Shepparton by 5 goals
Tatura v Seymour by heaps
Shepparton United v Shepparton Swans by 8 goals
Kyabram v Mooroopna by 10 goals
Rochester v Mansfield by 2 goals

If Rochy want to make the finals, then they need to win this game. At the end of the season, these two could be fighting for the same spot in the finals. Rochy have the home ground advantage, which could prove to be the difference. I'm not sure who Mansfield are missing, but McPhee and Rasmussen are missing for Rochy.

Benalla: Michael Stevens, Ben Fahey
Echuca: Dylan Butler, Sean Murphy
Euroa: Shane Clayton, Scott Grainger
Kyabram: Chris Aitkins, Paul Newman
Mansfield: Matt Trewalla, Craig Flint
Mooroopna: Blake Campbell, Steven Cox
Rochester: Elliot Bowen, Ash Watson
Seymour: Saad Saad, Paul Stevenson
Shepp Bears: Nick Allen, Glenn Joyce
Shepp Swans: Nathan Bell, Lucas White
Shepp United: Tyson Sidebottom, Ryan Normington
Tatura: No one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benalla v Echuca by 10 points
Euroa v Shepparton by 5 goals
Tatura v Seymour by heaps
Shepparton United v Shepparton Swans by 8 goals
Kyabram v Mooroopna by 10 goals
Rochester v Mansfield by 2 goals

If Rochy want to make the finals, then they need to win this game. At the end of the season, these two could be fighting for the same spot in the finals. Rochy have the home ground advantage, which could prove to be the difference. I'm not sure who Mansfield are missing, but McPhee and Rasmussen are missing for Rochy.
mooropna will flog ky, ky are a bunch of soft C grade footballers, should be in kdl

A bit harsh :Crawford from Tat is a quality player, would make any GV side and would be a better player in a better side

Napolean, if u want some credibility state who u follow locally, not just Essendon. I don't have a problem with people knowing that I reside in and play for Tat. How about you? ....But hey if this was an AFL site I would struggle to pick two Essendon players also....so maybe u have a good point:D:D:D

Napolean, if u want some credibility state who u follow locally, not just Essendon. I don't have a problem with people knowing that I reside in and play for Tat. How about you? ....But hey if this was an AFL site I would struggle to pick two Essendon players also....so maybe u have a good point:D:D:D
Come on Tatsean who cares who he supports localy? You blokes arnt much chop and will be flat bang on the bottom of the ladder all year. If you had a few or a couple of quality players chances are you could be competitive for a game. Have a look at the post and argue against what he says not what he hasnt said.

Benalla v Echuca - Benalla dissapointing
Euroa v Shepparton - Euroa to win but dont rate them highly
Tatura v Seymour - Seymour keep rolling onto four in a row
Shepparton United v Shepparton Swans - Swans will get better and better
Kyabram v Mooroopna - Ky may be there abouts, how is the Indian going?
Rochester v Mansfield - Rochy just keep letting people down

A bit harsh :Crawford from Tat is a quality player, would make any GV side and would be a better player in a better side
what about paul neville he is a quality small player that could slot into anyones forward pocket and snag 35 goals a year.

Benalla 2.1 3.2 8.4 10.8 (68) v Echuca 5.2 6.6 8.10 12.12 (84)

Rochester 3.4 7.11 12.15 15.20 (110) v Mansfield 3.5 6.9 10.13 12.15 (87)

Euora 7.2 12.6 21.9 27.13 (175) v Shepparton 6.1 10.2 14.5 15.9 (99)

Tatura 1.3 2.4 5.5 6.7 (43) v Seymour 6.6 21.8 32.12 35.15 (225)

Benalla 2.1 3.2 8.4 10.8 (68) v Echuca 5.2 6.6 8.10 12.12 (84)

Rochester 3.4 7.11 12.15 15.20 (110) v Mansfield 3.5 6.9 10.13 12.15 (87)

Euora 7.2 12.6 21.9 27.13 (175) v Shepparton 6.1 10.2 14.5 15.9 (99)

Tatura 1.3 2.4 5.5 6.7 (43) v Seymour 6.6 21.8 32.12 35.15 (225)

Good win by Rochester against a team they will compete for a finals spot with.
Echuca also a good bounce back win.
if you kicked 27 goals in a round of GV you would be entitled to think you would be the highest scoring team for the round.
Seymour just stuffed that assumption..........................................

Good win by Rochester against a team they will compete for a finals spot with.
Echuca also a good bounce back win.
if you kicked 27 goals in a round of GV you would be entitled to think you would be the highest scoring team for the round.
Seymour just stuffed that assumption..........................................
F$*! you Bunnaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back