Goulburn Valley FL U/18's - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 2)

Interesting to see today's results. Echuca keeping Swans scoreless in the last quarter to win by 7 points and Ky comfortably over Seymour. I think that even this far out the final 6 is settled. Echuca, ky, Mooroopna,United Mansfield and Swans. What are others opinions on this?Interesting to see Ky's team list for today. Only 19 players? What is going on here? Swans must be kicking themselves for letting a great opportunity to defeat a quality side go slipping by. Could come back to hurt them come final 6 positions at the end of the year. This only reinforces to other sides what a dangerous side the Swans they can be. No side can take them lightly.
yes good point they were unlucky and very disappointed after game.

Seeing the results from the week end I can only think what the Seymour coach may have been thinking. Perhaps he should have had at least 1 Ky player in the inter league squad. Word was the Ky boys were keen to prove a point on Saturday. Speaking to the Ky boys the club were pretty pissed off that they were snubbed at the selection table.

Seeing the results from the week end I can only think what the Seymour coach may have been thinking. Perhaps he should have had at least 1 Ky player in the inter league squad. Word was the Ky boys were keen to prove a point on Saturday. Speaking to the Ky boys the club were pretty pissed off that they were snubbed at the selection table.
yer mate a couple of the boys showed that they defintly were wrongly overlooked. . n beck and w demasi proved there point on the weekend.

yer mate a couple of the boys showed that they defintly were wrongly overlooked. . n beck and w demasi proved there point on the weekend.
Saw the game and Seymour didn't have much. Ky's talls were sensational as was Oggie at stoppages. Ky played a great running game with all players supporting each other. What was really impressive was their discipline to stay focused when Seymour started playing the man instead of the ball on 3 or 4 occassions. Well drilled unit which can only get better when you add in Mangan, Pryde and Edwards. Seymour are a long way from last years side and really missed a couple of their boys that were in the ones.

good to see will jackson back from a broken leg and playin good footy will still improve when he gets fitter when ky is at full strength he will get put down forward and will b very active down there and will help out james curnow who is on fire down in the forward line its good to see the middle field of ky dominating with young guns like oggie and civa which should b playin under 16s

im tipping euroa for an upset over benala . they got close to shep united last game and from what i hear they couldve won being up at half time . they need guys like jimmy ivill sam wright and interleague represenitives brad gleeson and brad cunniham to fire.
other predictions please

im tipping euroa for an upset over benala . they got close to shep united last game and from what i hear they couldve won being up at half time . they need guys like jimmy ivill sam wright and interleague represenitives brad gleeson and brad cunniham to fire.
other predictions please
nah benella will win by 5 goals .. much stronger.
ur a joke mate

other predictions please

nah benella will win by a fare bit u think that euroa will drop cunniham from the 1s hes played there all year y would they drop him

are ya shore bout that cos he didnt play us and that was early in the year

postitive. he was in darwin til about rnd 5-6 playing for nt thunder then played a few games through the thirs til he payed ones

[/b]Is that you Brad, er, I mean lacedout?

na i'm a euroa supprter and was good to see the boys getting there first win today by 5 goals against a very undisciplined benala. i was told there was a all inner in the last qtr and the euroa boys kept cool heads and two benalla boys were sent off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done to the Euroa boys for a well deserved victory. The talk about discipline is interesting. Poor team discipline is unacceptable and reflects back on the club and the coaches. When looking at the U/18 teams , the most disciplined I would think are those at the top end of the table. Would others tend to agree? The Surprise of the round was how well Seymour bounced back from their Ky effort and have kept their finals hopes alive. A number of sides with still plenty to play for.

Saw the game and Seymour didn't have much. Ky's talls were sensational as was Oggie at stoppages. Ky played a great running game with all players supporting each other. What was really impressive was their discipline to stay focused when Seymour started playing the man instead of the ball on 3 or 4 occassions. Well drilled unit which can only get better when you add in Mangan, Pryde and Edwards. Seymour are a long way from last years side and really missed a couple of their boys that were in the ones.

seymour are a team of dogs. and it would be a disgrace to the league if they play finals this year.

Of course it would, it would also be usefull for those sides still hoping to have a crack in finals like Bears and Tatura. At the end of the day we still have to win 5 out of our next 6 to really have a chance. Big log jam taking place with spots 3 down to 8 and some sides have a lot easier run home then we do. So if they lose a couple and we win a couple then we put a couple of games between us and the rest. Intersted in seeing if Seymour have any assumption boys home over the next 2 weeks.

Saw the Seymour V United game on the weekend whilst up here for the weekend. A very scrappy game I thought. Skills were ordinary for both sides and the football appeared to be flat as numerous players missed easy targets. The ball sought of floated thru the air. Assumption kid holman was outstanding and thank god he played as he was the spark in the game. neither team would test the top four on that peformance.
United's much touted forward line were disappointing kicking just 3 goals for the game. Seymour were not much better just managing nine. As I said very scappy with heaps of turnovers. BTW umpiring was not up to scratch either. Missed a lot for both sies.

Saw the Seymour V United game on the weekend whilst up here for the weekend. A very scrappy game I thought. Skills were ordinary for both sides and the football appeared to be flat as numerous players missed easy targets. The ball sought of floated thru the air. Assumption kid holman was outstanding and thank god he played as he was the spark in the game. neither team would test the top four on that peformance.
United's much touted forward line were disappointing kicking just 3 goals for the game. Seymour were not much better just managing nine. As I said very scappy with heaps of turnovers. BTW umpiring was not up to scratch either. Missed a lot for both sies.

Would like to see a settled side at United. Always look in the paper and see different key players in and out. i think once they get their key players together and settled they should do better than they are currenlty doing. Can anyone name which players will return soon?

I would agree with you here. If United are able to settle their side in the weeks coming into the finals I'm sure they are going to be dangerous. Seymour are interesting, looked way off the mark against Ky but bounced back away to United to win well. Who are they likely to have back in for them if they make the finals?
Some big games coming up this week end with the top 4 sides playing each other. Echuca away to Mooroopna will be a beauty. Both sides spotting top forwards. Forget about the senior match, get there early and see these two teams go at it. Any thoughts on the outcome? Also Ky against Mansfield will be a good game. Ky seem to be struggling with numbers so it will be interesting to see what sort of a side they can put together. What are the predictions for this one? My tips, Mooroopna at home in a possible preview of the GF with Walton and Childs in A FF shoot out and Mansfield to roll Ky at Ky. Go Cats

See Jack Baker best again for Tat, his old man must be doing the votes like he did at Gig, or does the kid go ok ?

See Jack Baker best again for Tat, his old man must be doing the votes like he did at Gig, or does the kid go ok ?
whats that supposed to mean? he's good.. will play seniors before the end of the year..

well if he is gud y hasnt he been playing seniors all year tat dont have a talanted side
maybe because he only just came to tat after the start of the season, and he didnt train there at all pre season, so the senior coach didnt know him..

Jack is a tough nut and loves to win the hard ball, has been in the best nearly every game he's played, his kicking could do with some work, but i dont think he will even be considered for seniors this year.

Jack is a tough nut and loves to win the hard ball, has been in the best nearly every game he's played, his kicking could do with some work, but i dont think he will even be considered for seniors this year.
and why do you say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back