Goulburn Valley FL U/18's - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 2)

united boys are very underated but now that they have a win under there belt they might be a threat to some of the bigger sides..

they were the ones who pumped up their tyres early - no one else. Need to sort out the players who are selfish. Must have gone some of the way yday.

they were the ones who pumped up their tyres early - no one else. Need to sort out the players who are selfish. Must have gone some of the way yday.
Your right that they hve had a handful of individuals who probably cost them games but things looked very different on saturday. No individuals and a good strong team effort. I heard that some of the boys were not happy about not playing in their preferred positions, but it looks like the shake up has worked, at least for one week. I saw the game and I reckon even the attitude of the players and the feeling before the game was far more positive then the last few weeks. They have one of the best lists in the comp but it might not mean much if they cant play together as a team.

Your right that they hve had a handful of individuals who probably cost them games but things looked very different on saturday. No individuals and a good strong team effort. I heard that some of the boys were not happy about not playing in their preferred positions, but it looks like the shake up has worked, at least for one week. I saw the game and I reckon even the attitude of the players and the feeling before the game was far more positive then the last few weeks. They have one of the best lists in the comp but it might not mean much if they cant play together as a team.

have an opportunity over the next few weeks to pick up a few games against lesser performed opposition.:cool:

Wat do you guys recon of cal firth from benalla, been in and out of the ones, kids got tallent, bit of a short fuse tho and one starts him he loses it! lookin lik a shoe in for the interleague side..:thumbsu:

have an opportunity over the next few weeks to pick up a few games against lesser performed opposition.:cool:
Spot on, but Tatura next week will be challenging as they have beaten Bears and Seymour a few weeks back. Bulldogs are capable of winning. Hard to get a handle on sides this year as they are all up and done at various stages. Echuca and Ky have probably been the most consistent, followed by Mooroopna and Swans at this stage. Could end up a close battle for all top 6 spots this year.

well wat i have seen being a old fella at the club they are becoming alot more like a unit and will give tat a run for there money... its not about the past its about the future so they have time to build up and play as one...

Kyabram are the biggest over rated team in the gvfl i no only 1 loss but they are soft

I see leigh wade has struggled to get a kick the last few weeks now, he wouldnt be having trouble wen the game is in the balance would he being captain and all???

Kyabram are the biggest over rated team in the gvfl i no only 1 loss but they are soft
Being a bit Harsh I think, Ky have beaten Mansfield, Echuca, Swans, Mooroopna and Tat. Most of these sides are playing good footy and winning. I think Ky have beaten 3 of the best performing sides to date. They are not soft and played a hard physical game against United and will be in the thick of the finals action later in the year.

good call wadey. i would say stick to sheep dogging out at lanky mate. if you wanna play some real footy come into ky and the boys will show how soft they are :). So post something worth reading instead of having a crack at Ky because your not good enough to make it in the gv

Just curious on the status of the interleague squad.
A couple of young guys, jake loraine, jess finnen, and jason cole.
Also Loraine and Finnen are both playing seniors for their respective clubs, how are the two going?

Look fellas i will admit that this is my username, but i did not write this stuff. Someone has used my username? :confused:I dont think KY are soft and if you look back at my previous quotes you will see i have only said positive things about Ky. So lets not jump the gun fellas.

As for all these personal attacks on me if that is your opion i respect that but there is no need to let rip into me as i said i didnt say those things about KY.

Yes Smithy i am struggling with my form at the moment, and i have addressed that and look for a much better effort from me this week against a good team in Rushy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious on the status of the interleague squad.
A couple of young guys, jake loraine, jess finnen, and jason cole.
Also Loraine and Finnen are both playing seniors for their respective clubs, how are the two going?
Not too sure about Jake but I think he has played a couple of senior games, and is a very good player on his day. Has a habit of being hot and cold. Finnen has only played the 2 games in seniors and only went so so. But he was named in the side for Bushies last week and I rate him as a good player who should be in the interleague squad. I don't think they have had a cut yet but I heard they are playing a scratch match tonight. Don't think clubs will be too happy with that, espicially if one of their key players cops an injury. Surely they could select the squad based on performance. I believe that players who are in the Bushie squad or playing seniors should get selected as priority, then the rest could come from those that have been consistentl in the best over the past month. Don't agree with the concept of a scratch match for the thirds boys, too risky and I know if I was playing for a spot then I would try and really crush my biggest threat for a possy.

Look fellas i will admit that this is my username, but i did not write this stuff. Someone has used my username? :confused:I dont think KY are soft and if you look back at my previous quotes you will see i have only said positive things about Ky. So lets not jump the gun fellas.

As for all these personal attacks on me if that is your opion i respect that but there is no need to let rip into me as i said i didnt say those things about KY.

Yes Smithy i am struggling with my form at the moment, and i have addressed that and look for a much better effort from me this week against a good team in Rushy.[/quote

ky got nocked off last week lead by a unit tom mepham.\

What a joke! No Ky thirds made the interleague team. One of the best teams in the GV thirds (if not the best at the moment) and not one of there players is picked in the side. N.Beck,W.Demasi,B.Orr and B.Edwards were left out. B.Edwards plays seniors so you wood say he wood have neilly been aouto selection and the other boys are just guns. A positive out of the non selection is that it shows Ky have a good side that is even across the field and dont rely on any individuals.

Any one know the actual team?

What a joke! No Ky thirds made the interleague team. One of the best teams in the GV thirds (if not the best at the moment) and not one of there players is picked in the side. N.Beck,W.Demasi,B.Orr and B.Edwards were left out. B.Edwards plays seniors so you wood say he wood have neilly been aouto selection and the other boys are just guns. A positive out of the non selection is that it shows Ky have a good side that is even across the field and dont rely on any individuals.

Any one know the actual team?
That is hard to understand, I would have thought that Edwards and Pryde would have got in. Edwards has played seniors all year and Pryde has been great for a bottom age player across the half back line.

and all the shepp bears boys and seymor boys got in the side... wonder why?? probably smething to do with their coaches being the coaches of the side.. its ridiculous.. some boys missed out who really deserve to be in the side..

In regards to the inter league selections it is a joke when one of the top teams (KY) doesn't have a single GV rep. How many from Seymour made the team? I think the league should have a good look at this situation? Who were the selectors? Given that the Seymour coach is coach of the interleague side I feel it is still not acceptable that training sessions are conducted there just to suit him. A central location for ALL players should be the norm for ALL training sessions. Would like to know exactly who made the team. As I said this interleague situation is a joke.

I think you will find that Brad Orr from Ky is still in the squad and a few of the others apparently didn't turn up to training. I know that United has a Muggles / Gribben and others in and Shepp has Ridings / Thorsen in. Believe the list is still 30 so more to get cut yet.

That is hard to understand, I would have thought that Edwards and Pryde would have got in. Edwards has played seniors all year and Pryde has been great for a bottom age player across the half back line.
prydey got 2nd best for ky seniors on the weekend. good to see he is playing good football and its good to see ky playing some youngsters.

i think the go was with the interleague side was that if u didnt turn up to training you didnt get picked. doesnt matter who you are or where u play. only the blokes that turned up and made the commitments to train get a look in

i think the go was with the interleague side was that if u didnt turn up to training you didnt get picked. doesnt matter who you are or where u play. only the blokes that turned up and made the commitments to train get a look in
Can confirm that if players didn't turn up at training on Sunday then they were out of the squad. United have Muggleton, Gribben, Friedlieb and Hewlet in the squad. I believe that for it to be a true interleague rep side that every side should have at least one rep in the squad. Training sessions this year were at Seymour, Euroa and Princess Park Shepparton. Doesn't matter were training was at it would still be a fair bit of travel for the Echucas, Mansfields and Rochies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back