Goulburn Valley FL U/18's - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

amuse me and tell me who is freak status for you[/quote

no one from swans side i can tell ya that. probably no one in the thirds comp to tell you the truth. freak is used too often to describe players who are average at best. so for me freak status is the likes of Jim Hird and chris judd not some pussys that run around in an average swans unit.
that average swans side beat united last week
and almost knocked off the undeafted ky 2 weeks ago..
imagine if swans had've beaten ky!! who'd be the aveage unit then??
u arrogant ____

well go on and tell me how you win a game of footy.. by individuals or a team

i didn't say individuals will win games for ya. u still have to have good side across the board. But individuals (good players) playing well will only benefit the side and good players will bring lesser players into the game

Re: Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 2)

any1 got ny news on the interleague squad names for 2008.

any1 got ny news on the interleague squad names for 2008.

6-5-2008 - By GVFL Media Release

GVFL Announces U/18 Championship Squad

The GVFL has named an initial 67 player squad for the Pool A VCFL Country Championships to be held in Shepparton on the weekend of 31 May.

The squad, to be coached by by Seymour's 2007 U/18s premiership coach, Carl Ure, will have 6 training sessions before the Championships, starting at Tatura this Sunday.

The squad is as follows : -

BENALLA: Al Jacka, Callan Firth. Ben Kunkel, Richard Dennis, Josh Mellington, Farran Priest.

ECHUCA: Marcus Joyner, Daniel Morris, Phil Hubbard, David Tonini, Jake Wilkinson.

EUROA: Brad Gleeson, Ash Hobbs, James Ivill, Harley Parkinson, Marcus Varley.

KYABRAM: Nathan Beck, Brad Orr, Wade Demasi, Brad Edwards, Ty Guiney.

MANSFIELD: Travis Leitch, Ross Brown, Mitch Wareham, Tom Clarke, Brant Anselmi.

MOOROOPNA: Brenton Campbell, Jake Kyle, Shaun Wilson, Bradley Orr, Luke O'Brien, Joel Child.

ROCHESTER: Nick Hyden, Sam Latter, Sam Driscoll, Tim Letcher.

SEYMOUR: Jason Cole, Daniel Belsten, Jake Loraine, Jack Williams, Corey Meloury.

SHEPPARTON: Brad Ridings, Simon Thorsen, Adrian Crawford, Josh Dunne, Brendan McMullen, Braden Pullen.

SHEPPARTON SWANS: Jacob Crow, Jesse Finnen, Tom Preece, Nathan Barolli, Chris Grant, Dylan King.

SHEPPARTON UNITED: James Cullum, Matthew Friedlieb, Josh Gribben, Daniel Hewlett, Josh Tetley, Sam Muggleton.

TATURA: Anthony Poppa, Jayce O'Neill, Josh Harris, James Walters, Adam MacGibbon, Billy Lovel, Simon Fraser, Josh Sullivan.

The GVFL has named an initial 67 player squad for the Pool A VCFL Country Championships to be held in Shepparton on the weekend of 31 May.
who was unlucky to miss out i wuld imagine jai warren from united was and liam kirkman for swans

The squad, to be coached by by Seymour's 2007 U/18s premiership coach, Carl Ure, will have 6 training sessions before the Championships, starting at Tatura this Sunday.

BENALLA: Al Jacka, Callan Firth. Ben Kunkel, Richard Dennis, Josh Mellington, Farran Priest.

ECHUCA: Marcus Joyner, Daniel Morris, Phil Hubbard, David Tonini, Jake Wilkinson.

MOOROOPNA: Brenton Campbell, Jake Kyle, Shaun Wilson, Bradley Orr, Luke O'Brien, Joel Child.

SEYMOUR: Jason Cole, Daniel Belsten, Jake Loraine, Jack Williams, Corey Meloury.

SHEPPARTON: Brad Ridings, Simon Thorsen, Adrian Crawford, Josh Dunne, Brendan McMullen, Braden Pullen.

SHEPPARTON SWANS: Jacob Crow, Jesse Finnen, Tom Preece, Nathan Barolli, Chris Grant, Dylan King.

SHEPPARTON UNITED: James Cullum, Matthew Friedlieb, Josh Gribben, Daniel Hewlett, Josh Tetley, Sam Muggleton.

TATURA: Anthony Poppa, Jayce O'Neill, Josh Harris, James Walters, Adam MacGibbon, Billy Lovel, Simon Fraser, Josh Sullivan.

Anyone wanna have a crack at picking a side?? too hard for me dont know the blokes from seymour, mansfield, euroa, benalla

Haha key word "imagine". And that game against swans was the worst we have played all year.

its always good to imagine... After the game kyabram coach approached swans and said Quote; that was the HARDEST game of footy we have played. You put alot of pressure on us.. So i dont think it was the worst ky have played i think it was the only game they had competition to compete against

its always good to imagine... After the game kyabram coach approached swans and said Quote; that was the HARDEST game of footy we have played. You put alot of pressure on us.. So i dont think it was the worst ky have played i think it was the only game they had competition to compete against

it may have been hard and we have been challenged by every team we have played so far. but it was still probably the worst we have played. unforced skill errors and in general play and at goals that has nothing to do with the swans side and was brought about by ky having a bad game

Out of that group who do people think would be the ruckman for this side??no real big name ruckman that i know of listed??

I rate the Swans highly and think they will finish top 6. The big surprise is how United are travelling, alot of hype pre season but to date little to get enthused about. The United boys could struggle to play finals. Interesting to see that Ky only nominated top age players for the GV squad and omitted a number of their high performing lower age players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate the Swans highly and think they will finish top 6. The big surprise is how United are travelling, alot of hype pre season but to date little to get enthused about. The United boys could struggle to play finals. Interesting to see that Ky only nominated top age players for the GV squad and omitted a number of their high performing lower age players.

does anyone know who shepp united were missing on the weekend? i didnt see the game and was just wondering wtf happened?

looking the squad these are the players that i think will be picked but im unsure bout a few players from benalla, mansfield and rochi so unsure to comment on them i got 33 down anyone else know much bout all these fellas?
maybe do a possible line up?

Also interesting to note that Tatura have 8 in the squad, they must be travelling ok. I agree with your comments about United. They have Mooroopna and Ky coming up. Two more loses and finals are slipping away.

does anyone know who shepp united were missing on the weekend? i didnt see the game and was just wondering wtf happened?
Swans were harder and played a team game. United made too many errors and played crap. Some of the mistakes they did were ridiculous. Pretty sure they had Muggles, Freezer, Gribbo and Jimmy Cullum in the seniors and Swans had Finnen in the Seniors. Shaw was out and will miss most of the season. Other then that I think they missed Burness and Donovan. But no excuses all clubs have players in the seniors and others out injured. They were not good enough on the day.

Swans were harder and played a team game. United made too many errors and played crap. Some of the mistakes they did were ridiculous. Pretty sure they had Muggles, Freezer, Gribbo and Jimmy Cullum in the seniors and Swans had Finnen in the Seniors. Shaw was out and will miss most of the season. Other then that I think they missed Burness and Donovan. But no excuses all clubs have players in the seniors and others out injured. They were not good enough on the day.
how come donovan didnt play? u think united would of had him in when they knew swans had a big forward line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley man
big call seeing u wouldnt no who i am. played against them last year and will this year. who are the 8 u think would play?? Say in ky seniors because their list isn't strong, so might give em a chance

first of all the list of swans 3rds is about 10 times better than it was last year and i would say these 8 would be able to play GV seniors at maybe Tat, Ky, Bears, and maybe United..
Ant Tutala
Finnen
Ben Timothee
Parris
Poustie
Barolli
Grant
Preece

Haha key word "imagine". And that game against swans was the worst we have played all year.[/quote]

Mate what do you say now? Two of em have played or are about to play seniors!!

You got a gig yet in the ones?:cool:

first of all the list of swans 3rds is about 10 times better than it was last year and i would say these 8 would be able to play GV seniors at maybe Tat, Ky, Bears, and maybe United..
Ant Tutala
Finnen
Ben Timothee
Parris
Poustie
Barolli
Grant
Preece
i disagree, the bolded players i doubt are up to gvfl senior level, in any team.. ant tutala is big, but not quality, ben timothee is lazy as a footballer, chris grant is bout the size of my little toe and would get murdered by any player, needs to develop.. and tom preece is an excellent player but once again, needs to develop alot more as a man first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemefooty08
was at the game between united and bears today at deakin. united belted the bears but bears had a few out inclluding ridings, thorsen, bucktin, woodcock and pullen. bears really didnt have many stand outs on the day but up forward lowden provided a good optiion with his limited opportunities, other better players for the bears including dunne and mcmullan. United were a dominant force and look set for a massive year. They out muscled their smaller bear opponents with plenty of big bodies in the side. Gribben had a great game and kicked a bag whilst Mellington had a solid day in the ruck. Liam Ryan took a great hanger in the goal square and was solid all day. Their smaller players in doyle and burness provided the united forwards with good options all day and ran ragged all day. Overall not bad brand of footy and both sides look forward to a exciting year of footy.

1. I agree that United were impressive but lets not get carried away, the opposition wasn't that strong on the day. All the boys that have been mentioned performed well. I was interested in some of the lesser known players. I was really impressed with the games of Doyle and Burness who seemed to pick up a lot of possessions by smart running and crumbing, I think they will both develop into handy players. ODwyer and Jack OSullivan were tough and really hurt some people with solid tackles. However I was most impressed with Tetley and Collins who played in a number of positions throughout the day and completey dominated and caused a lot of damage. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks with the team playing Mansfield, Echuca, Swans, Mooroopna and Kyabram. All sides that have been identified as being stronger or improved from last year. If they can win more then they lose over the next 5 rounds then they might just be serious contenders. It would have been good to have played Seymour as well early on to get a measurement against last years premiers but they don't play them until round eleven. And back to last weeks game, I spoke to Coach and Ass Coach who were still not entireley happy with some of the errors that the boys made. They mast be tough taskmasters as I thought the boys played a sensational game.
user_offline.gif
Reckon things have changed a bit and they are not as dominant as we all thought they may have been. Still plenty of time to regroup though and they have a good coach who will ensure his charges lift. Doyle looked like he hurt his back again and he may miss a fair bit. Has a history with this injury. O'Sullivan is limited and never handballs, lacks skill and goes the man too much. Collins is selfish and has an ego problem. I drove up to watch em last week and there argued amongst themselves and played individual football.

Ant Tutala
Finnen
Ben Timothee
Parris
Poustie
Barolli
Grant
Preece
i disagree, the bolded players i doubt are up to gvfl senior level, in any team.. ant tutala is big, but not quality, ben timothee is lazy as a footballer, chris grant is bout the size of my little toe and would get murdered by any player, needs to develop.. and tom preece is an excellent player but once again, needs to develop alot more as a man first.

and when did you play against them last? Preece and Grant made Interleague squad didnt they, as did Finnen and Barolli. They are all bottom age too mate!!

Let me know when u play seniors in a team that played in the GF last year as a bottom age...
Just let me know ok...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back