Goulburn Valley FL U/18's - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 2)

United got 3 out from the mooroopna game,there ruck(big loss),h/b and h/f,(bigger loss).I will be picking ky this week,looks like 2 of these boys might be gone for the season,just when the team was looking good:thumbsdown:

Are you sure about your facts here? The selected side in the News today appears that united have named their strongest side possible, including daniels back from the Bushies. Which ruck, which HB and which HF? Any names or is this a big con?
Would think that with the side selected in the paper United will be too strong for the Ky boys.

Can anyone confirm the extent of Joel Child's injury. I did hear that it was worst than first thought and that he is out for the rest of the year and will require a reco? If this is the case he will be a huge loss for Mooroopna and will seriously affect their chances in the finals.
Echuca are looking strong with United powering home at the right end of the season.

Can anyone confirm the extent of Joel Child's injury. I did hear that it was worst than first thought and that he is out for the rest of the year and will require a reco? If this is the case he will be a huge loss for Mooroopna and will seriously affect their chances in the finals.
Echuca are looking strong with United powering home at the right end of the season.

I heard all the rest of this season and all next 2 dont know if it true or not

Greetings Younglings!

I read in yesty's Herald Sun that the ACK won the schoolboys flag so I was wondering how the ACK team would match up against the Bushies? Or would they be on similar ground with the top GV 3rds teams?

Obviously I have no idea of the standard of school footy and I wonder why some fellas prefer to play for their school instead of their local club (exept when on school hols etc)?

ACK would beat any GV U/18 side and some of the weaker senior sides. The likes of
Sheahan (Mansfield), Holman(Seymour), Allen(Euroa) and McMahon(Seymour) would slot into senior sides if they were playing at home.
Anthor reason is that alot of scouts come to watch the school footy.
However, they would struggle playing against the top U/18 TAC sides, but may be a chance against the likes of Calder.

ACK would beat any GV U/18 side and some of the weaker senior sides. The likes of
Sheahan (Mansfield), Holman(Seymour), Allen(Euroa) and McMahon(Seymour) would slot into senior sides if they were playing at home.
However, they would struggle playing against the top U/18 TAC sides, but may be a chance against the likes of Calder.
pull ya pudd cobber:D
wats every1s thoughts about seymour not going to make the finals haha i find it really amusing ,seeing they prob thought they would make it 4 sure than bring back all the college boys n win the flag again but BAD LUCK hahaha
i rekon mooroopna have it in the bag only team to challenge them will be ky or echuca

Would have doubts about Mooroopna winning the flag without Childs. Echuca will be very hard to beat and United are really playing well. Cant see Ky doing any good unless they get some of their injured boys back and the ones that are playing the firsts. with their best side out on the ground they would give it a shake.
At this stage its looking like Echuca and United.

I have watched alot of Allen and Hollman play footy through juniors and Allen has exceptional skill and can run like mottram and hollman is super quick. Played interleague with Allen and he was totally overlooked by bushies, would think they would be chasing him for next year.

Would have doubts about Mooroopna winning the flag without Childs. Echuca will be very hard to beat and United are really playing well. Cant see Ky doing any good unless they get some of their injured boys back and the ones that are playing the firsts. with their best side out on the ground they would give it a shake.
At this stage its looking like Echuca and United.
yeah definatley agree there. If the Ky ones don't feature to late in September (which is highly likely) the players like Beck, Pryde and Edwards will strengthen the Ky line-up somewhat and help the side to important wins in their finals campaign.

Mate, dont be like your 'location" sheeparton and follow the crowd. Have a bit of intestinal fortitude and name names instead of having cheap shots, if u are game. And what level are you at with your footy??? Squeaky clean are we, not that I condone basing anyone let alone a woman.
kyle reimers its gotta be

pull ya pudd cobber:D
wats every1s thoughts about seymour not going to make the finals haha i find it really amusing ,seeing they prob thought they would make it 4 sure than bring back all the college boys n win the flag again but BAD LUCK hahaha
i rekon mooroopna have it in the bag only team to challenge them will be ky or echuca

gee mate quick to write off seymour. who u playing for? echuca arent going to just beat seymour by turning up and euroa might just knock off the swans which means seymour arent out of it yet!

gee mate quick to write off seymour. who u playing for? echuca arent going to just beat seymour by turning up and euroa might just knock off the swans which means seymour arent out of it yet!

yeh i agree. hard to see seymour losing this week with the inclucion of holman, mcmahon ect. and euroa are a chance against swans. look out if they get there:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha euroa may have about 7 "ins" this week too. all those kids playin ones might be comin back for a showdown. but if it puts seymour back in..... hahaha

hahaha euroa may have about 7 "ins" this week too. all those kids playin ones might be comin back for a showdown. but if it puts seymour back in..... hahaha

would not see any point in euroa dropping blokes back to the thirds. they should be concentrating on the seniors. That last spot is still open in the ones.

also i would have thougth that euroa would not want seymour to win and by losing it enables the swans to get in (assuming seymour loses). Seymour did not kick a goal last time against Echuca and whilst their "ins" will make a sizeable difference, it will go down to the wire.

Swans if they can win by 10 goals or so can still get in even if seymour do win by a small margin. competition is a bit sick and tired of seymour bringing in AC kids at the expense of those who play all year for the club. i am told several of their players are pretty well p...ed off with it also.

McMahon is not even anygood i would like to shed some light on, watched him play against Euroa a few weeks ago, he seemed slow, unfit, ran to very bad areas on the ground whilst he was at CHF didnt present that well, i think he may only be a one dimensional player leave him in the ruck thats the only thing he is good for a tap out if he can get off the ground :)

McMahon is not even anygood i would like to shed some light on, watched him play against Euroa a few weeks ago, he seemed slow, unfit, ran to very bad areas on the ground whilst he was at CHF didnt present that well, i think he may only be a one dimensional player leave him in the ruck thats the only thing he is good for a tap out if he can get off the ground :)

hasnt played all year due to a broken leg.
that was his 1st game back from it.
so i would like to see you play an under 18's game then play rezzie's.
Bein out all year. give him a break.

yeah there is a bloke there called Clayton Zanella.
is he playing or at boarding school still.
like the way he goes about it.

Nah mate he's playing seniors. Not sure he's even qualified for thirds in the finals.

would not see any point in euroa dropping blokes back to the thirds. they should be concentrating on the seniors. That last spot is still open in the ones.

also i would have thougth that euroa would not want seymour to win and by losing it enables the swans to get in (assuming seymour loses). Seymour did not kick a goal last time against Echuca and whilst their "ins" will make a sizeable difference, it will go down to the wire.

Swans if they can win by 10 goals or so can still get in even if seymour do win by a small margin. competition is a bit sick and tired of seymour bringing in AC kids at the expense of those who play all year for the club. i am told several of their players are pretty well p...ed off with it also.

Why the hell woud seymore bring back there AC Kids when there only just players? I dont know weather all of em had shit games on the day but when we played em it wasnt like any of them dominated.

I was one of the boys droped for last years flag with the lions for the ack boys, massive dissapointment but gotta get over it.
Ack boys have always played a big part in our side, but as mentioned, should not be at the expense of local (Seymour) boys who are there all season. They will be a good inclusion for this weeks match up with Echuca, will come down to the wire and not be such a one sided match like previous in season with us (Seymour), having a massvily under man'd side.

:thumbsu:

ack boys wouldn't slot into Seymour's 1st, no place for them up there. Maybe Holman next season but in 08, only Loraine, odd inclusion of Jason cole (who's killing it in U/18's), and the super quick Daniel Belston:thumbsu:

With the 6 now finalised the interesting stuff now happens. Would think Seymour would be disappointed, especially after all the huffing and puffing they went on about at the start of the season and talk of back to back flags.
Echuca and Mooroopna will see Echuca victors. If Childs is out for the rest of the season they could go out in straight sets. United are really ticking over and will be too good for Mansfield. Can see United giving the flag a big shake.
Swans and Ky will be interesting. Ky continue to struggle for numbers and unless they get some boys back could well go out against the Swans. Well done to the Swannies for hangin tough and making finals. A good effort.

With the 6 now finalised the interesting stuff now happens. Would think Seymour would be disappointed, especially after all the huffing and puffing they went on about at the start of the season and talk of back to back flags.
Echuca and Mooroopna will see Echuca victors. If Childs is out for the rest of the season they could go out in straight sets. United are really ticking over and will be too good for Mansfield. Can see United giving the flag a big shake.
Swans and Ky will be interesting. Ky continue to struggle for numbers and unless they get some boys back could well go out against the Swans. Well done to the Swannies for hangin tough and making finals. A good effort.

Yeah Seymour came back well yesterday but they could not back up their early season banter.

Agree that Mooroopna are struggling without Childs, who will undergo surgery. Echuca will win this on the Sunday at Kyabram I believe.

United have the best list on paper and whilst they have had their own problems in house they have started to play as a team and not as individuals. They have beaten Echuca, Kyabram and Mooroopna in recent times and are hitting their straps. They will bring back Warren, Hewlett, L Shaw etc from the seniors this week so they will spank Mansfield. They are the smokies for the flag.

The biggest improvers of the season are the Swans. The squad is mostly bottom age ( only have 5 top age) and they have snuck up on everyone. Made it tough for themselves by losing at Benalla last week but redeemed themselves and crept into the finals. Most thought they would finish down the bottom of the ladder but have pushed Echuca (7 points) and beaten Kyabram at Ky a few weeks ago. They are one and one against United but lost to Mooroopna twice, however Childs is a big out. Swans would fancy themselves on Echuca's ground as it is big and they can use there runners. Kyabram players will have a few sleepless night this week.

Any one else have thoughts?

Yeah Seymour came back well yesterday but they could not back up their early season banter.

Agree that Mooroopna are struggling without Childs, who will undergo surgery. Echuca will win this on the Sunday at Kyabram I believe.

United have the best list on paper and whilst they have had their own problems in house they have started to play as a team and not as individuals. They have beaten Echuca, Kyabram and Mooroopna in recent times and are hitting their straps. They will bring back Warren, Hewlett, L Shaw etc from the seniors this week so they will spank Mansfield. They are the smokies for the flag.

The biggest improvers of the season are the Swans. The squad is mostly bottom age ( only have 5 top age) and they have snuck up on everyone. Made it tough for themselves by losing at Benalla last week but redeemed themselves and crept into the finals. Most thought they would finish down the bottom of the ladder but have pushed Echuca (7 points) and beaten Kyabram at Ky a few weeks ago. They are one and one against United but lost to Mooroopna twice, however Childs is a big out. Swans would fancy themselves on Echuca's ground as it is big and they can use there runners. Kyabram players will have a few sleepless night this week.

Any one else have thoughts?
Agree that united are smokies although Echuca still have Zanella,Herrick,Wilkinson,Clymo and Williams to come back in for the finals. I would'nt discount Ky or Mooroopna-although Childs is out, he struggles to kick bags against quality sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back