Oppo Camp Graham Wright (Once loved, now loathed).

Remove this Banner Ad

What a disappointing end result by GW. Carlscum of all clubs. What also amazes me is he spent years at the hawks to assist with their success since 2007. 4 Flags. Yet only manages to last 2 years at Collingwood and I am not counting this year.

Carlton will win it next year, they will have another soft draw playing the bottom 4 teams twice again along with minimal injuries.
Not with crazy vossy at the wheel.

What a disgusting title for a thread. Without Graham Wright we wouldn't have won a premiership last year. I'll be forever grateful for what he achieved in the two years he was there. It was a mistake for the club to agree to a sabbatical. Everyone knew he wasn't coming back. We lost a year in getting a replacement. Our recruitment is looking like it's going from bad (Schultz) to worse (Houston). Many people queried why we recruited Bobby Hill two years ago. Well, that's an example of clever recruiting grabbing him when it was apparent he wanted to go to Essendon. Now Craig McRae has openly stated he wants players, not draft picks. In two years we'll have a second rate midfield when you take Nick Daicos out of it and no tall forwards to kick the ball down to. Craig McRae is a brilliant coach but should leave someone else to do the recruiting. Sort of reminds me of Mick Malthouse in the early 2000's who did the recruiting for the team - said we needed another ruckman and got McKee from Richmond, which cost us pick 3, which could have got us Matthew Pavlich in the 2000 draft - if that had happened it would have landed us the 2002 and 2003 premierships. Eddie restructured the recruitment department around 2005, which led to a premiership in 2010. Now we're back to the amateur days at the Collingwood football club where we throw the cheque book at players we don't need. Graham Wright could have prevented all this from happening. It should be Craig Kelly you should be directing your loathing to, not Graham Wright.

What a disgusting title for a thread. Without Graham Wright we wouldn't have won a premiership last year. I'll be forever grateful for what he achieved in the two years he was there. It was a mistake for the club to agree to a sabbatical. Everyone knew he wasn't coming back. We lost a year in getting a replacement. Our recruitment is looking like it's going from bad (Schultz) to worse (Houston). Many people queried why we recruited Bobby Hill two years ago. Well, that's an example of clever recruiting grabbing him when it was apparent he wanted to go to Essendon. Now Craig McRae has openly stated he wants players, not draft picks. In two years we'll have a second rate midfield when you take Nick Daicos out of it and no tall forwards to kick the ball down to. Craig McRae is a brilliant coach but should leave someone else to do the recruiting. Sort of reminds me of Mick Malthouse in the early 2000's who did the recruiting for the team - said we needed another ruckman and got McKee from Richmond, which cost us pick 3, which could have got us Matthew Pavlich in the 2000 draft - if that had happened it would have landed us the 2002 and 2003 premierships. Eddie restructured the recruitment department around 2005, which led to a premiership in 2010. Now we're back to the amateur days at the Collingwood football club where we throw the cheque book at players we don't need. Graham Wright could have prevented all this from happening. It should be Craig Kelly you should be directing your loathing to, not Graham Wright.
Is that you Wrongy?

Very grateful to Wright fir his work. Sad we could not hold on to him.

If Kelly drove him out he needs a kick up the arse and then full support to improve.

Browne getting ready to bow out is related I guess, we need a bit of stability.

It should be Craig Kelly you should be directing your loathing to, not Graham Wright.
Ned is our CEO and Wrighty has jumped ship to the blueballers, hence the loathing bit.
It’s a bit of fun mate, he’d still be welcome at a past players’ reunion.

Wright is an overly precious mercenary. He couldn’t give a **** about Collingwood, it’s all about him.
Kelly is a Collingwood man through and through. He saw the delisting of his own son while he was in charge.

Wright wanted to move on from list management/head of footy to a more back office role.
Now we simply were not in a position to offer him that role. A role that Carlton had, or made possible.
Wrought is a Premiership champion, both on and off the field.
While I simply cannot wish him good luck, he has landed himself in the position he wants, at a club firmly in the window. If they flag in 2026, his reputation will only grow.

Wright wanted to move on from list management/head of footy to a more back office role.
Now we simply were not in a position to offer him that role. A role that Carlton had, or made possible.
Wrought is a Premiership champion, both on and off the field.
While I simply cannot wish him good luck, he has landed himself in the position he wants, at a club firmly in the window. If they flag in 2026, his reputation will only grow.
You’ve called him Wrought, was that a Freudian slip (did you meant rort?) or was it merely a typo.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it was Dunstall.

Now it feels like our new CEO is really only second best choice.

Just hope we get our house in order and give Fly the support he deserves and us fans the club we deserve.
The club chose Kelly over Wright. That’s why he left.
So in this case, Wright was second best.

Now Wright has chosen Carlton. Wants to be a CEO. Hopefully he stuffs it up completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Graham Wright (Once loved, now loathed).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back