AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2022: Geelong give the Swans an 81 point flogging

Winner and Norm Smith?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where Geelong have improved was actually from a handful of guys in early-mid 20's. All stood up this year to close the gap between the best and worst player's out there.

This is the likes of Close, Holmes, Z.Guthrie, De Koenig, Stengle, Miers. I know Stengle wasn't there but we know his previous issues.
They also quietly put game's into more youth like Cooper Stephens and Francis Evans.

I've mentioned him before and I will again : Shaun Grigg.
He was in charge of player's development.
Now Grigg had won a flag, I would certainly ask him to join our assistant team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you give a medal to the whole list or even the players who played during the year.
What I would do is have a separate trophy or similar for all the listed players for that year as no side can win a flag without those who come in and out of the side or even those who do not play but are a part of the team effort.

Not sure you give a medal to the whole list or even the players who played during the year.
What I would do is have a separate trophy or similar for all the listed players for that year as no side can win a flag without those who come in and out of the side or even those who do not play but are a part of the team effort.
So you'd give them all an individual trophy?

The league recognises the team on the day, and that's fine imo. There's no reason why the league should be giving accolades to a shrimp that played a couple of home and away games for a side that eventually won a premiership.

If the club has a half-decent culture they'd be recognising the rest of their list, and indeed the rest of their administration, assistant coaches, etc for their contributions throughout the year at their Best and Fairest.

So you'd give them all an individual trophy?
The club can give an individual trophy or whatever works in a premiership year. They are a team and it takes a team to win a flag. :cool:
One club I played for did it. We won three flags in 4 seasons. I played in two and got a medal. Missed one through injury and got a small engraved cup with my name the club and premiership season
Ant555
Outback Shit Kickers
Premiership season
Personally I thought it was a good touch. The seconds played finals. We do not go as far as we did with a group of players who all made an effort.
I have the three. They are in the pool room.

The league recognises the team on the day, and that's fine imo. There's no reason why the league should be giving accolades to a shrimp that played a couple of home and away games for a side that eventually won a premiership.

If the club has a half-decent culture they'd be recognising the rest of their list, and indeed the rest of their administration, assistant coaches, etc for their contributions throughout the year at their Best and Fairest.
Exactly the B & F is the time to acknowledge these players, remember when they used to give runner's up medals to the losing team ?

The players that didn't play would be in the same boat as them.

Exactly the B & F is the time to acknowledge these players, remember when they used to give runner's up medals to the losing team ?

The players that didn't play would be in the same boat as them.
I think the runner up team still gets medals, so do the umpires. They just don't present them on the daïs

The club can give an individual trophy or whatever works in a premiership year. They are a team and it takes a team to win a flag. :cool:
One club I played for did it. We won three flags in 4 seasons. I played in two and got a medal. Missed one through injury and got a small engraved cup with my name the club and premiership season
Ant555
Outback s**t Kickers
Premiership season
Personally I thought it was a good touch. The seconds played finals. We do not go as far as we did with a group of players who all made an effort.
I have the three. They are in the pool room.
Gotta be honest. I'm not sure I see the difference between a individual medal and a individual trophy mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2022: Geelong give the Swans an 81 point flogging

Back