Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Please excuse the intrusion.
Just wanted to say congratulations on a great win.
So happy for you after last year. Your club showed a lot of class after that game.
Really pleased for Fagan, seems like such a nice bloke.

PS: make sure you get the blu-ray DVD so you don't have to listen to that fat buffoon butchering every play.

Never stop believing :)

It was another post that I read in the review after the GWS or Geelong thread which referenced our win against Sydney in 2003 which really cemented my belief that we could win this in a canter.

And I also recalled how our threepeat team really was a foot on the throat team - and I think that's the biggest takeaway from today. It's probably the one thing which we haven't been really able to do over the past 4-5 years....sometimes we'll experience the emotional roller coaster of watching a big lead get whittled away and sometimes being left short at the final siren.

I just couldn't see any way Sydney could throttle us across every line - we kicked 5 goals in 18 kicks against GWS, 5 in 19 today....any team that can score that quickly can do anything.

It's going to be really interesting to see how Fages approaches next year. I remember Matthews really urged a quick refocus after 2001 to go again in 2002, and I hope Fages does something similar - because when you look at our best 30, there is room for real improvement across the entire team.

Enjoy it now for sure - but let's go again next year and try and do something really special - beating the record of the 2000 Dons' 24-1 season..

Rocknroll :D

Last edited:
Congrats Lions, what an inspirational win! Up there with the Western Bulldogs 2016 for mine. After being written off, those finals comeback, and then such a dominant gf performance. I'm sure it makes it all the sweeter. True, Sydney weren't great, but imo we can't ignore the fact the Lions were frighteningly good today. Just a great footy story all round. Enjoy it and soak it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Fort was excellent today. Joe and Darcy in the Ruck were dynamic. Game won in the midfield. With our backline and forward line exceptional.

Hell yeah we just won a premiership!!!
To think back where we were when Fagen took over. A total basket case.

Congratulations guys and gals! A real lesson in class on and off field, you’ve been the most interesting and entertaining team to watch for weeks.
Have a wonderful time celebrating, so well earned.
Fages is a gem, just love him.

Great work on beating the Swannies, your side is very entertaining to watch when in full flight it has to be said.

In fact thanks for beating both the Swans and Feeling, you averted a major disturbance in the Force with those two acts!

Also big props to Fages, we knew his worth when he was at the Hawks and he has got his just reward as a premiership coach. Just a true players coach, I get the feeling you won't lose many players whilst he is in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back