Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done on the victory, it was a fantastic match. Being able to systematically shut down Sydney's game plan is a beautiful thing to watch :D. As supporters enjoy everything that comes with it, bragging rights throughout the following season, the souvenir premiership merchandise that you will buy in the future.

Good times ahead :)

Any one else smashing red wine and watching it for the 3rd time?

The label on my bottle of vodka is red...

Nah, had to work today, was following the score (saw it half way through the first qtr, then again at half time & almost fell over lol) but just finished watching the replay on Kayo. First time I have seen it.

Hooley dooley. I thought that our best was the best in the comp, but you have to deliver, and boy did they. So good on so many levels.

Disappointing for the Swans fans that their team didn't give much of a yelp.

Not surprised at the Swans supporters coming in to say well played but wasn't expecting so many Collingwood & Richmond supporters in here. But thank you, we love youse all.....

Sincere congratulations to the Lions fans! Was going for you guys. Was your year deserved after the heartbreak of last one.

So happy to see a dockers (bred) player win a premiership in his career. I don't think that's ever happened before! Love Lachie.

Soft spot for Fagan. For Daniher. Respect the hell out of so many players like Charlie, Hugh, Dane, Harris. Core players of the rise never gave up the dream. Exciting Kai and others future looks bright :thumbsu:

Ok, I'm an emotional wreck, watching the presser, the highlights again and thinking back on the season.
Zorko getting his AA
Fages taking out coach of the year and oldest ever premiership coach
Ashcroft youngest ever Norm Smith medalist
Dunks two time premier from outside top 4
Big O missing out
Ah Chee having the finals season of his life
The young lads ripping it apart
Joey D, please don't leave us like this

I'm all over the place!!! Just ordered my premiership poster, will be framed and hung proudly.

As a pom that started following AFL in 2009, I never had the joy of the three-peat. I remember watching miracle on grass and I was thinking, this sport is in my veins now. To watch the boys lift that cup today, just wow!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a run by Brisbane to win the premiership from 5th and the 2nd team to do so and the first team in the current AFL Finals system. Winning 3 finals away from The Gabba I thought was impossible.

Congratulations Brisbane on the 2024 flag. Happy for Fagan and Will Ashcroft after his ACL just 14 months ago. Now a Norm Smith Medalist.

Honestly, who thought we’d ever be back here when we were sitting there in empty stands back in 2016? **** me what a day.
1st off congratulations on the win. That 2011 to 2018 period was tough.

From 2014 until 2018, it was dire. 5 years in a row of bottom 4 finishes.

Brisbane made top 4 in 2019.

People bagged out Brisbane in 2020 because they didn't make that grand final at the Gabba.

Not to mention falling short in 2021 and 2022.

Then Brisbane had that heartbreaking grand final loss last season. I was cheering for Brisbane And wanted them to win last year's grand final.

Finally In 2024, Brisbane finally got that elusive flag.

Elixuh , scoman and Toffee Lion , take a bow, you deserve this win.

I would love to know how many Brisbane posters were on here in 2014 when it was really bleak. There was a fair few.

In my opinion it is one of the greatest seasons I have seen for a team in terms of the pathway to the Premiership win and also taking into account their injury list too, it was a big injury list and they still got the job done. Well done Brisbane, 2-5 after the first seven games and then for the next 20 games: 16-3 & 1 draw.

When a team is 2-5 after the first 7 rounds of the season, they are handicapped, meaning a lot of things must go right and there is very little wiggle room (losses) to be had to make the top 8. It's a very long way back when starting out at 2-5. However, they went on an amazing run. To only lose 3 games from round 8 onwards....fantastic consistency.

Stop and think about what I just said above....honestly this should be talked about in the papers and on Fox Footy and on AFL360....

Honestly......seriously, an amazing effort.

Well done. 🏆🙂🫡👌👏

Just landed in Hanoi and saw the news. Very happy for all you Lions fans. Esp happy for Fages as a Tasmanian. Was hoping for a Jarrod Berry winner late after a Papley 50 but it wasn’t even close - you smashed them. Congrats!

1st off congratulations on the win. That 2011 to 2018 period was tough.

From 2014 until 2018, it was dire. 5 years in a row of bottom 4 finishes.

Brisbane made top 4 in 2019.

People bagged out Brisbane in 2020 because they didn't make that grand final at the Gabba.

Not to mention falling short in 2021 and 2022.

Then Brisbane had that heartbreaking grand final loss last season. I was cheering for Brisbane And wanted them to win last year's grand final.

Finally In 2024, Brisbane finally got that elusive flag.

Elixuh , scoman and Toffee Lion , take a bow, you deserve this win.

I would love to know how many Brisbane posters were on here in 2014 when it was really bleak. There was a fair few.
I still have vivid memories of getting flogged by North of all teams on a consistent basis down at Marvel, followed up by the club sponsor nights which were usually addressed with words of "Stick by the club please".

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back