Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The chances of premiership coming from 5th are a million to one they say

But we freaking did it

No better year to do it with the evenness of the competition. No team can go with us when our kicking skills are on point. That Clugga kick to Lester was the best i've ever seen.

Congrats friends! Best team of the 2020ā€™s as a whole and deserved a flag. Enjoy the celebrations and the coming years - another Ashcroft gonna be scary

We DID it!!!!!

Words canā€™t describe the pure ecstasy of today; lost for words.

Enjoy your nights Lions fans; we did it.

Canā€™t wait to watch the replayā€¦.anyone know where Road Deal crew are re-watching the game? Might ditch my family whoā€™ll be in bed to come out with my Lions family.
edit: worker's club

Last edited:
Best day ever. So good. Simple case of too tough- too organised - too fu3king good. Swans couldn't move the ball with any system for the entire day.

Our boys were so hungry. Never seen them play 4qtrs of pressure footy like that. No one was beating us today. Dunkley is best pressure mid in the game.

Not one bad player today. That's how you win Premierships. Ashcroft obviously super special but I want to give a big shout out Starcevich - destroyed Papley and just so good all day and in every finals match. Same goes for Ah Chee and Lohman.

So many highlights today I could go on forever. But, special moment was Lachie and Zorks hugging each other 1 minute before the siren went. So happy for them both. Lester as well.

Fages thank you for coming to our club and taking us to this special day. If you had told me in 2015 we would in a premiership in next decade I wouldn't have believed it. Fages you are going into my will :)

Now time for the replay.

Premierssssssss.

Bloody incredible win!

Just bullied and dominated the Swans all day. I had a feeling this would happen - I definitely felt like it was 2003 again and we were never in doubt šŸ‘

Big Joeā€™s goal at the end - watching the boys get around him was emotional.

Ridiculous goal by Eric ā€œAkermanisā€ Hipwood!
Aker was 2 rows in front of us for the match, wearing his #12 guernsey. He was the bay cheerleader!

1727526062170.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No better year to do it with the evenness of the competition. No team can go with us when our kicking skills are on point. That Clugga kick to Lester was the best i've ever seen.

Kicking was amazing but I thought our tackling was as good as I can remember. Charlie leading the way early in the game

Just jumping over to say I couldn't be happier for you boys, glad to see Neale get himself a flag :) Knew you guys would win one with this list soon enough, shame it wasn't last year, but better late than never. Enjoy it, you deserve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back