Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive congratulations to you magnificent lions
Absolutely dominated the game simply a joy to watch with exquisite ball movement and skill

Norm smith for me was Neale but Ashcroft a worth winner
Magnificent games by Brandon starcevich, Harris Andrews rocks in defense
Explosive forward of the ball in Achee, Joey D and Kai Lohmann

Well done Fagan and enjoy guys have a ball and soak it all up

Said in another thread that having W.Aschroft will be like having another Lachie for 10+ years.
Remember watching his first or second game back after the ACL at the Gabba thinking he looked horrible.

Watched the replay the next day and he was off the pace but still so amazingly clean and the anticipation was there just half a step off.

He was absolutely brilliant yesterday and for a guys who’s not that big so incredibly strong with great balance.

If his brothers half the player we are in for a treat

Last edited:
Remember watching his first or second game back at the Gabba thinking he looked horrible.

Watched the replay the next day and he was off the pace but still so amazingly clean and the anticipation was there just half a step off.

He was absolutely brilliant yesterday and for a guys who’s not that big so incredibly strong with great balance.

If his brothers half the player we are in for a treat

That's what I love about him too, he's deceptively strong. He keeps his feet almost as much as Rayner and he, like Rayner, is only going to get stronger. He's the complete package.

Being a Pom I never felt I had the real knowledge to contribute but it was nice to get affirmation from those on here who expressed feelings and views that were similar.
Don't worry about it mate, none of us ever have any real knowledge and that's never stopped us 😂

First replay finished. Fantastic stuff.

Might give it a few hours before I watch again to space it out, in the meantime I'll put the Prelim back on.
Already plotting a footy marathon next weekend of all 4 finals. It's gonna be epic. Wonder how we'll go!?

☝️ I’ve found it’s easier to be an idiot from the word go. Then people know what they are dealing with and they can adjust accordingly 😉

Yeah, but the way I was and how I acted cost me some really good friendships back then. Stupid 20's age group.

If I am every able to move back to Brisbane, I can't wait to get a Gabba membership once again and be there every week once again.

OK, so it's 9am, and my next commitment on this Sunday is at 5pm.

By my calculations I can rewatch the last ten minutes of the second quarter 48 times in that window.
Best of the luck the boys all looked like they had a hard night will be interesting to see how they look at 5pm tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4-1 with me at home and 0-1 (0-2 counting 2019) with me in person. You're welcome!
3KZ is Football’s Grand Final Record

4-0 with me at home (2001,2002,2003,2024)

0-2 with me there
(2004,2023)

I feel for you!
We are going to Europe for 6 weeks in November and decided to not attend the Geelong Preliminary and Grand Final and put the money into a soccer match in Paris, Amsterdam or Athens. It was an easy choice to make because I really feel like a jinx for the Lions in Grand Finals. That said, if we make it next year, I’ll go. I suspect the Footy Gods will be appeased by my sacrifice this year.

Thinking about all the little 1 percenters I noticed before the ball was bounced that just added up against the Swans.

1. The Dew factor - who knows how this affected the swans
2. At the GF parade the Lion chant was blanketing Rampe speaking. The Swans players looked a bit rattled.
3. Lachie letting go of the cup last
4. Katie Perry singing Roar
5. Winning the toss

Most of all the Lions players looked calm yet focused, like they really believed. After seeing all that I said to my daughter we are going tear them apart today. What a team, what a club!

Just wanted to say how ****ing good. I saw us win live in 2001, but this meant so much more because I got to witness it live with my son who was born in 2002.

I thought we were cooked after the hawthorn game. Yesterday's performance? Where do you even begin? I thought starcevich was immense.

Fagan? Made me look stupid. Means so much when guys want to play for you.

What a great day...and night. Kudos to everyone involved with the club, including us!

I propose with the money we get for winning yesterday, that a HUGE statue of Fages is put in front of Brighton Homes Arena..

The man needs to be immortalised for what he has done for this club!

Off for a nana nap, precious little sleep last night...don't know why;):grinv1:
Going to have one myself,that was an emotional day yesterday .

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back