Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Having better shoes helped me. It still flares up if I spend too much time on my feet in crappy thongs or whatnot. Been managing it for 30+ years! Lachie will be fine as long as he takes the right precautions.
I had it fit about a decade (not to Lachie's severity, just bad pain fit the first 5-10 metres after sitting/lying down for a while) and swimming seemed to be what cleared it up for me. Never found out why but a weekly swim or two and I stopped noticing it after about six months.

Take it one year at a time, and if we get more than one flag then celebrate it… not before.

Specifically on the word Dynasty - think Melbourne. Max Gawn verbalised it and it hasn’t aged well. There’s a team that got ahead of themselves. Winning one flag was an amazing achievement - the pressure to win more than one got to them.

Realistically, every club wants a dynasty. Truth is. No need to verbalise it but also no need to deny it. We made back to back flags which in itself is an insane achievement. If we can make it 3 GF appearances in a row, that would be a huge achievement in its own right.

The players will no doubt want to make it again for the guys that missed out. If nothing else, we can be assured we will give it our absolute all.

If I recall correctly, one of the boys got clunked in the head when they bent down to kiss it before the team photo. Didn't think he hit it that hard though!!!

I'm sure the cup has lots of stories to tell already from being dragged all over the place by the team. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a bunch of scratches and dents.

Love this, this is great access by the ole boys.

From what I've seen at a minimum in attendance there was:
  • Matthews
  • Black
  • Brown
  • Leppa
  • McRae
  • Voss
  • Aker
  • Ashcroft
  • Johnson
Not a bad show up!

Last edited:
I had it fit about a decade (not to Lachie's severity, just bad pain fit the first 5-10 metres after sitting/lying down for a while) and swimming seemed to be what cleared it up for me. Never found out why but a weekly swim or two and I stopped noticing it after about six months.
I've had it for similar. Used to be pretty brutal the morning after playing basketball or netball. The hard courts just battered it. Never noticed it that much during the game. Lachie must have it bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow 🤩
What an amazing 3 weeks for not only the team but for the supporters as well.

Drove down to Sydney a couple of weeks ago to witness one of the best comebacks in Finals history.
Wasn’t planning to go to the MCG for the Cats game to save some money for the Grand Final if they made it but got a phone call on the Monday morning after the GWS game from my sister who said book some tickets for the Prelim, book flights, book accomodation you might as well see this thing through and it was all her shout to get us there, reluctantly I did and so glad that we were able to get there to witness another fantastic effort from the boys to once again come from behind to get a famous victory and book a spot in the Grand Final for the second year running.
We already had our flights and accomodation booked for the Grand Final but then the nervous wait for Grand Final tickets, thankfully got some tickets and away we went to witness what was an amazing effort by our boys to bring home the Cup.
Unbelievable support for the boys and Fages, the Parade was great, the Captains run was insane the amount of people there, the wet Brunswick experience, the stumbling into 3 different groups of fans we sit next to at the Gabba, it was all just meant to be, everything about the weekend was something we will never forget.
Love theses Lions so much and so glad we got to witness the whole ride through the Finals series to the Ultimate Premiership success.

Amazing is about the only word I can think of to describe the whole experience Absolutely Bloody Amazing 🤩!
Go you Beautiful Lions 🦁

I still can’t believe Brody Grundy wasn’t cited by the MRP. During the season his off the ball hit on Rayner would have received a sanction, most probably involving suspension.

Realistically, every club wants a dynasty. Truth is. No need to verbalise it but also no need to deny it. We made back to back flags which in itself is an insane achievement. If we can make it 3 GF appearances in a row, that would be a huge achievement in its own right.

The players will no doubt want to make it again for the guys that missed out. If nothing else, we can be assured we will give it our absolute all.
I think Will said it right (and it’s probably only a partial quote):

“It’s unbelievable,” Ashcroft said. “We just wanted to get one [flag] and now we are hunting more.”

Office on Monday morning here..... hawks, magpies and saints supporters all congratulating me. Feels good. Im going to have the game on the radio played on loop at home until round 1..... my wife is going to be like that waiter in Itchy and Scratchy land ... Marge" It must be great to bring in the new year over and over and over"
Waiter : "Please kill me".

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back