Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's three times watching the replay. Who know's what the final number will be?

I have to say the last qtr we knew the game was in the bag and the last five mins the boys started to smile and give each other sneaky little hugs, was so good to see. Lachie and Zork hugged right in front of our section of the ground with a minute to go and McCluggage joined them and then the ball came to them 30 secs later :)

Congratulations!

Was probably hoping for Swans win but thank you so much for making sure it wasn't Geelong lol. Would take Lions over pussies any day of the week.

Enjoy the summer glory :)

Darryl White was sitting close to me though none of us were 100% sure it was actually him.

Ran into Luke Power at the pub in Fitzroy on Thursday and found him to be the nicest former player I've met by a mile. Legend. Had a 15 minute chat.

Last edited:
Rewatched the game without the emotional investment you have live.

Neale was incredible . Ashy couldn't have done what he did without Neale. Just so many small things you wouldn't have noticed without slowing the feed that ended in scores.

Neale's capacity to get the ball in traffic with opposition players everywhere and make one unexpected turn and find himself in space is unprecedented compared to any of his contemporaries.

I thought he was BOG by a mile and the guy who didn't give him a vote is obviously harboring something.

Ashy was a deserved winner and everyone is happy for him but Choc was the man who kickstarted us. And kept doing it.

44 points down to premiers. We did it!
Do you know one thing I love most of this premiership and the manner in which we did it?

This Lions team will now be referenced for many years to come whenever a team is 0-3, 2-5, 13th on the ladder at around the half way mark, 6 goals down in a final, outside the top 4 come finals time, etc.

I've no doubt, coaches, media pundits will be pointing to the 24 Lions as the reason that <insert any other club> their club and fans should still maintain hope and that their premierships chances shouldn't be written off.

This 24 Lions WILL BE THE EXAMPLE - how cool because we actually DID IT! :cool:

Ashy was next best just because of his cleanness and effectiveness when he got it marginally in front of Cal whose hardness , judgement and finishing skills was really crucial in the majority of our goals in the first half. And he torched Blakey ( the AA champ ) who couldn't match him in the air or on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darryl White was sitting close to me though none of us were 100% sure it was actually him.

Ran into Luke Power at the pub in Fitzroy on Thursday and found him to be the nicest former player I've met by a mile. Legend. Had a 15 minute chat.
Luke’s has always been special .

His work with sick , often terminal kids was amazing .
Probably still doing it .

I gave votes to Harris over Starce. I thought Starce was sublime and one of the best out there on Saturday. I gave votes to Harris because he played an excellent game and imo his positioning and how he plays really sets up our entire defence. Was a real captains game.

We arrived back home last night 10 pm from a great Fri, Sat & Sunday footy trip.
Did not catch up much on BF while away mainly wanted to soak up the experience and hope for the win.
Have not read the previous 26 pages yet. I might catch up or may not. I am sure it is all positive.

Left Friday morning at 7.55 am flight. I knew we would miss the parade after dropping our bags at Ovolo South Yarra.
Off to the Footy Festival area, then the Captains Run which had an amazing number of fans attending.
Then to CBD for look around and dinner.

Saturday: Late breakfast in South Yarra and off to Federation Square to join the march at midday.
I am not an emotional type of person but that was an unexpected experience.
Then the game entertainment which i enjoyed. How much better would that have been if held at night.
The main event kicked off and we were in the sun (but were prepared for that) Section M4, next to the cheer squad.
The whole experience and the reasonable stress-free 2nd half was amazing. Stayed till they wanted people to leave.
Too old to go out celebrating, so just a quiet dinner back at South Yarra and watch TV footage of the days procedures.

Sunday: Checked out at 8.15 which turned out a bit late to get to the fan day start at Fitzroy.
The players were great spreading themselves out a little to cover the stage area and the Kevin Murray stand.
Great morning even though there were some rain periods.
Later to the CBD for lunch and then to the excellent MCG tour and then the Sports Museum also at the MCG.
Arrived home at 10pm. Was so tired but still struggled to get to sleep.

What a roller coaster year to end up winning the ultimate prize in AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back