Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

absolutely loved that especially the Oscar bit, to think we used to call him 'Figjam' really decent person these days, and reckon he will be a great coach if he gets another crack.

Did you see the girl (sorry unsure of her name) make the O sign with her hands in a tribute to him after kicking the winning goal last night for our aflw team

I think the coaches nailed the votes and congrats to Lachie

13.5 Will Ashcroft (Brisbane)
13.5 Lachie Neale (Brisbane)
7.5 Callum Ah Chee (Brisbane)
6.0 Kai Lohmann (Brisbane)
3.0 Brandon Starcevich (Brisbane)
1.5 Joe Daniher (Brisbane)

For those who are not mathematically minded.
Ashcroft 5 and 4
Neale 5 and 4
Ah Chee 3 and 2
Lohmann 3 and 1
Starcevich 2
Daniher 1
( multiply by 1.5 GF loading. )

absolutely loved that especially the Oscar bit, to think we used to call him 'Figjam' really decent person these days, and reckon he will be a great coach if he gets another crack.

Did you see the girl (sorry unsure of her name) make the O sign with her hands in a tribute to him after kicking the winning goal last night for our aflw team
Taylor Smith

Great words about Oscar
For Berry to say he felt the calming influence of his mum when he was kicking for goal is one hell of a powerful thing to say, I think anyone, particularly anyone who has lost a parent to cancer, can attest to.
Yes , your loved ones never really leave you .

I had a bit of a chat to my mum before the game and she’s been gone 21 years .

Everyone needs to watch the part about Big O.
You've never seen Buckley this emotional before..and never will again.
Could use this to motivate Joey for one more season.
Best post match media I’ve sat and listened to
Would absolutely be excited if bucks was or next coach
Just saying

For Berry to say he felt the calming influence of his mum when he was kicking for goal is one hell of a powerful thing to say, I think anyone, particularly anyone who has lost a parent to cancer, can attest to.

And when the siren went Berry just stood still and took a deep breath. I've been there (not cancer but dead parents way too early) and the highest of moments even now 40 years later are tinged with sad.

Not looking for sympathy, it's all good. Just can relate to what I saw.

And when the siren went Berry just stood still and took a deep breath. I've been there (not cancer but dead parents way too early) and the highest of moments even now 40 years later are tinged with sad.

Not looking for sympathy, it's all good. Just can relate to what I saw.
Agree mate been there too myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fages at Ollie's Coffee and Catch ups in Bulimba this morning (best coffee in Brisbane)

He and his wife live nearby and they walk their dogs every day for 30-60 minutes (very fit Fages) - dog park is right next to the coffee shop - he's definitely the smart one as it looks like he had a very good sleep Sunday night

Here he is with Zoe the owner (I have sponsored a Lions player for 5 seasons with her husband and those jumpers are up on the wall inside her coffee shop) - try an Ollie Burger!

1727683362093.png

Amazing the number of people over the last three weeks who’ve told me the Lions are their second team and they love to watch us play even more than watching their own. There’s also been multiple “Fages is such a great bloke…” etc.
Because we watch every week we might be a little blind to the highly attractive style we play with. As one bloke put it (paraphrasing): “I love watching brissie. It’s a team of eccentrics, not uniform athletes. Skinny, gangly beanpoles, tough little nuggets like zorks, kids just out of school, wizards like Neale who have the ball on a string…you just know that at some point they’re going to play aesthetically beautiful football.”
Noticed a lot of respect from other teams on this thread. The graciousness and relative humility the club’s shown so far given we’ve every reason to boast and gloat will win us more fans. So glad I follow this club.

Just heard there’s something on in the city tomorrow 12:30 with the boys
I’m there
Let’s keep it going
Brisbane Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner

BREAKING: The Brisbane Lions Premiership Party will continue with a pop-up event in Brisbane tomorrow!Meet and greet the Lions 1-2pm tomorrow in Queens Gardens on George Street in the CBD.
Let’s keep the team's victory lap going at this free event.

Best post match media I’ve sat and listened to
Would absolutely be excited if bucks was or next coach
Just saying
Imagine the irony of Bucks finally winning a GF with Brisbane. After trying to avoid Brisbane since 1992, then having Brisbane as his nemesis, he finally fulfils his destiny by becoming a premiership coach at Brisbane. You can't dodge fate!

I know a very strong Carlton supporter who said to me after the Elimination Final that he was gutted with the result but that there are a heap of Brisbane players that are ‘hard not to like’. I think that pretty well sums up the majority of opposition supporters. And that comes down to Fagan’s style of man management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back