Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow 🤩
What an amazing 3 weeks for not only the team but for the supporters as well.

Drove down to Sydney a couple of weeks ago to witness one of the best comebacks in Finals history.
Wasn’t planning to go to the MCG for the Cats game to save some money for the Grand Final if they made it but got a phone call on the Monday morning after the GWS game from my sister who said book some tickets for the Prelim, book flights, book accomodation you might as well see this thing through and it was all her shout to get us there, reluctantly I did and so glad that we were able to get there to witness another fantastic effort from the boys to once again come from behind to get a famous victory and book a spot in the Grand Final for the second year running.
We already had our flights and accomodation booked for the Grand Final but then the nervous wait for Grand Final tickets, thankfully got some tickets and away we went to witness what was an amazing effort by our boys to bring home the Cup.
Unbelievable support for the boys and Fages, the Parade was great, the Captains run was insane the amount of people there, the wet Brunswick experience, the stumbling into 3 different groups of fans we sit next to at the Gabba, it was all just meant to be, everything about the weekend was something we will never forget.
Love theses Lions so much and so glad we got to witness the whole ride through the Finals series to the Ultimate Premiership success.

Amazing is about the only word I can think of to describe the whole experience Absolutely Bloody Amazing 🤩!
Go you Beautiful Lions 🦁
Really happy for you. Btw , is your sister married? I own a Ute, I’m good around the house and only smoke during close games.

Hey kids, does anyone know if there's a way of downloading the game to watch while offline?

Flying to the GC tomorrow for a holiday. Normally I struggle to find things that interest me to watch on the flight.

Generally just re-watch episodes of Ted Lasso or The Boys. Have a Kayo subscription but pretty sure there's no download option, have to be online.

I honestly thought when the final siren went I would have carried on and jumped around like a frog in a sock but I just felt relieved. I've enjoyed the journey from those early Fagan days with a little sprinkle of hope and following the early draft picks closely. 2019 was a one of the best years as a lions supporter ever because there was such low expectations and the wins were all so unexpected. Since then, the expectation has been there so the frustration and stress of a bad result creeps in and you find negatives in wins. To lose last year and have the season we had is just wild, I think big O's celebration after the game shows how crazy it is.

If they win another premiership, it will never feel the same as that. That was really special.

David King and everyone who doubted fages (myself included) can
View attachment 2127134

Has any premier been 13th on the ladder @ round 11?
Adelaide in 1998 were 9th in Round 12
Sydney in 2005 were 9th in Round 10
Richmond in 2019 were 9th in Round 14

All had been in the 8 previously - The fact we came back and won it from 5th (only losing 2 after the bye) was amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership celebrations at Brunswick St Oval Fitzroy yesterday (Sunday) - a sea of maroon, blue and gold.

That was beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing. Thought I saw my daughter and grandson. Bugger about the rain though. Poor players, they so wanted to be in bed.

Finally watched the replay and am amazed at how much I missed from the stands. Was a bit disappointed in Charlie’s game when at the ground but boy did he do some important stuff when it was up for grabs. Big nullifying tackles, that pass to set up Daniher - I underrated his importance big time.

Thought Hippy was crucial as well in moments and really got to enjoy Lachie and Will’s brilliance inside which was sometimes too fast to pick up live.

A lot has been mentioned about we were 13th after round 7.
But as you can see from the ladder below, we were still 13th after round 11.
Hawks a great effort also sitting in 15th place at that stage
Amazing effort from the Lions from that point on with half the season already completed.
Only lost to the Giants and the Pies and we should have won both those games.

In hindsight those 2 losses were probably a blessing.
The boys new they had had a great winning streak going, and top 4 or 2 was possible.
Those losses a reminder to the group that you need to do better to win a flag.
They did just that.
History will show they were the best side in 2024 and their journey to make and win the ultimate prize in AFL will be shown many times in the future.

Now we just need the AFLW to show the boys how to win back-to-back

1727697191356.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back