Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hugh's song is Hey Jude isn't it?
According to my 11 year old who listens to the goal song playlist on repeat yes, in between Karma and Thunderstruck.

Thanks to the Brisbane Lions FC, staff, players & supporters for such an enjoyable, if not interesting, 2024 season.

We all have such wonderful memories of the season, & the finals in particular! 🏆🦁:thumbsu:

I'm already looking forward to 2025, but I'm still going to enjoy watching the highlights & game replays of 2024 for a long time to come.

:brisbane:'BELIEVE':brisbane:

Have rewatched the finals series.

We can win more premierships and that will be great, but I'm not sure there can be another one that feels like this.

This was the complete happy fairytale. The years at the bottom, the players who endured. The insanity of good players wanting to be here, right back to mitch. Remember Charlie Cameron wanting in? A real WTF this superstar wants to be part of our club? And Lachie. And the rest. We didn't see us as a destination club, but big names did.

The loss last year, that Berry interview this year. Only a monster would have stayed unmoved.

The totally insane pathway through the finals. And that demolition. Wow.

What happens next is a mature club working to stay at the top. Totally different vibe.

I'm glad I was there throughout the rubbish. It was so much fun when we were the best ever four win team. The kids have a collection of balls given out for those wins cause there were so few kids at games.

The crowd? The sparce?? Was filled with you lot - total nutcases, the roar deal faithful, who were so easy to chat to.

I'm sure next year will be fun with many sold out games and I don't ever want to go back to those rubbish years but by goodness it made this premiership a wonderful thing.

So so glad my family were a part of it. My kids have stories to tell their kids one day about shared family experiences. Bond building right there.

in a few years when dementia sets in I'm sure they will be able to repay these finals and associated media and I'll be happy.

Can't ask for more than that.

Who gets that as their goal song? Or just a before game and wins sing-along?

Would love to have that played as the players run out for the first hone game of the season.
Someone suggest it to Kai - guernsey #1, has to be him. Four goals in the GF helps too.

That was the first time I thought we had a real good chance to run away with it. We'd weathered Sydney's push and our own inaccuracy, we'd gotten ourselves in front, and Blakey (who I generally rate) is more interested in playing up contact rather than playing the ball or man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the first time I thought we had a real good chance to run away with it. We'd weathered Sydney's push and our own inaccuracy, we'd gotten ourselves in front, and Blakey (who I generally rate) is more interested in playing up contact rather than playing the ball or man.
it was such a bad moment. he just put his head down playing for the free, then just stopped holding his head.

I was baffled by some of the commentary on the Zorko 50m. Yes he ran up to the mark quickly and took a risk by taking all of the territory. But i have watched it 20 times, the most he goes over the mark would be 20cm, it's a very harsh 50m. The commentary on SEN is that it was a clear 50m. Academic but at the time it felt significant. Could have led to a swans rally in an alternative universe.

it was such a bad moment. he just put his head down playing for the free, then just stopped holding his head.

I was baffled by some of the commentary on the Zorko 50m. Yes he ran up to the mark quickly and took a risk by taking all of the territory. But i have watched it 20 times, the most he goes over the mark would be 20cm, it's a very harsh 50m. The commentary on SEN is that it was a clear 50m. Academic but at the time it felt significant. Could have led to a swans rally in an alternative universe.

It was more frustrating when a Swans player did the EXACT SAME THING shortly after and it was all good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back