Mod. Notice Grand Final Ballot (now includes info in the OP on ticket swaps, etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for people in the know, I am full AFL member & have a ticket for the AFL reserve. However a group of my mates are in standing area M50. Is it possible to scan my ticket at gate 3 and stand with them for the match?

Just posting again for any swap interest.

I have - Category 7, Gate 4 Entry, Bay Q6, Row Y, Upper Deck, Adult ticket $180.
I would like to swap for - Standing Room, Gate 6 or 7 entry, Bays M15-M27, Adult Ticket $150.

Please PM me if keen.

Cheers,
Nick

Quick question for people in the know, I am full AFL member & have a ticket for the AFL reserve. However a group of my mates are in standing area M50. Is it possible to scan my ticket at gate 3 and stand with them for the match?

I think what you'd need to do is to enter through the AFL gate and then walk around. Strictly speaking it's not what you're meant to do, but it should be okay.

Does your ticket say "AFL Reserve" on it? If not, I'd be keen on a swap for a Gate 4 entry.

It all depends if they allow cross-over into the public reserve. I think the only times I've ever seen this not allowed is Grand Finals & Anzac Day. AFL membership will send out an email today with the match info and it will say on there.

It all depends if they allow cross-over into the public reserve. I think the only times I've ever seen this not allowed is Grand Finals & Anzac Day. AFL membership will send out an email today with the match info and it will say on there.

Thanks bucko

I tried to enter a different gate to my ticket last year and it would not allow me.
As others said, you may be able to crossover within the ground.

Why? what's wrong if that?

I guess it just means that any swap you or another AFL member would do would be a bit risky for a non AFL Member (if that's who you swap with) because if it says AFL Reserve printed on it, in theory an attendent could ask the person holding it to provide their AFL Membership.

I guess it just means that any swap you or another AFL member would do would be a bit risky for a non AFL Member (if that's who you swap with) because if it says AFL Reserve printed on it, in theory an attendent could ask the person holding it to provide their AFL Membership.

Oh yes the men in the black suits with the clip boards, I've been buying GF tickets for my mates for years never had an issue with them to be honest.

Oh yes the men in the black suits with the clip boards, I've been buying GF tickets for my mates for years never had an issue with them to be honest.

Yeah I haven't had any concerns with standing in the wrong bay or anything either. Just hard not to get a bit nervous, the stakes are high and getting kicked out of the ground on GF day would likely also result in some sort of assault charges for most footy crazed fans!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I haven't had any concerns with standing in the wrong bay or anything either. Just hard not to get a bit nervous, the stakes are high and getting kicked out of the ground on GF day would likely also result in some sort of assault charges for most footy crazed fans!

Fair call

Any AFL members going to the GF should try to get pulled up by the inspectors to allow those illegally entering to get by free.

It's a small price to pay

Yeah as Blue Harvest has said, I think that the ones purchased with AFL memberships will say AFL Reserve on them so if you've got those you might be asked to show something but if not, no problemo. I'm in the same boat. Have got HFC ballot issued tickets that are gate 6 entry, but they don't say AFL reserve of course.
Cheers Nick/Blue Harvest,

My ticket was a spare from a hawks aligned afl member and was obtained from the hawks ballot so I think I'm sweet because it doesnt say afl reserve!

Special thanks to Goldnbrown who sold me the ticket cost price just to see another hawks fan/member get a chance to go to the game. Absolute legend! Too bad most others are just out there to make a quick buck. Absolute scum.

It is very frustrating at Grand Final time to see the amount of people who don't care one bit about the actual game whilst supporters from the competing teams miss out
I attended my first GF last year, having been lucky enough to get a ticket from a mate who couldn't go, being a 20 year country member I'm of course not entitled to a ticket, through work and family commitments I can barely get to 2-3 games a year
That's ok though, it is what it is
But the waste of tickets to those who really don't give a **** is what shits me
I would sit on the roof if I had to but I can't source a ticket anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back