Discussion Grand Final Matchups 2024 - What will your team wear?

Remove this Banner Ad

it seems gws don't like wearing their current home jumper w/white shorts. they've only ever done it twice (both in 2021), so i doubt they'd want to wear that combo especially being the higher ranked team
When it comes to the grand final, I don't think they would have a choice.

Higher team gets home jumper rights, but AFL then decides shorts on best match up.

Higher team gets home jumper rights, but AFL then decides shorts on best match up.
if thats the case then how did brisbane end up in white shorts last year when they have no white in their jumper, whereas collingwood's jumper has close to 50% white?
the afl likes to pick and choose, and clearly the vic teams get treated that little bit better than the non-vic teams.

it seems gws don't like wearing their current home jumper w/white shorts. they've only ever done it twice (both in 2021), so i doubt they'd want to wear that combo especially being the higher ranked team
That was only because the 2021 Clash jumpers hadn't come through until they had played Richmond. From what I've seen and heard GWS have set it clear that the Home is for home games only, the clash is orange backed instead of wearing the home with white shorts, and then the NS kit for Derby games. So I'd highly doubt we'd wear anything except Home as it is, or clash as it is (which I think GWS would be fine to wear even if they were the home team)

Lock in Sydney vs Port
Implies we will get past a prelim lol. I think Sydney vs Giants, but whatever the case, if Sydney get through it’ll be full home for both sides (or the NS jumper for the Giants).

if thats the case then how did brisbane end up in white shorts last year when they have no white in their jumper, whereas collingwood's jumper has close to 50% white?
the afl likes to pick and choose, and clearly the vic teams get treated that little bit better than the non-vic teams.

Because the AFL are idiots? And yeh, a bit of vic bias.

They definitely aren't consistent

They used to do that with most finals, but stopped a couple of years ago. There was a lot of inconsistency that led to Geelong wearing navy shorts in a Prelim against Brisbane (who were in Fitzroy + white). That for me marked the end of what was excellent policy.

If the Sydney Swans are the HOME team:

Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide Power
View attachment 2091734View attachment 2091735

Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats
View attachment 2091734View attachment 2091736

Sydney Swans v GWS Giants
View attachment 2091734View attachment 2091738

Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions
View attachment 2091734View attachment 2091742

Sydney Swans v Western Bulldogs
View attachment 2091734View attachment 2091748

Sydney Swans v Hawthorn Hawks
View attachment 2091734View attachment 2091752

Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues
View attachment 2091734View attachment 2091754
We'd wear Maroon shorts against Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Grand Final Matchups 2024 - What will your team wear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back