Discussion Grand Final Matchups 2024 - What will your team wear?

Remove this Banner Ad

1899.PNG
2024 GF Brisbane/Fitzroy v Sydney/South. A brilliant match up for old time supporters of both relocated clubs. 1899 GF was only time these clubs played off in a GF. These were uniforms that day. Bit different as Fitzroy were the higher ranked team that season. Fitzroy won by a point 3.9.27 to 3.8.26. Game was played in heavy rain. Supposed to be sunny next Saturday. What's the chances of this being the quarter time score haha

Last edited:

This'll be interesting. Sydney have white as a core jumper colour, so I'd straight up not put Brisbane in white shorts.

Last year's GF was dark vs dark with white shorts for the lower-ranked team, so maybe that's an acceptable precedent for Brisbane in their threepeat jumper. If maroon & red are considered outside the realm of dark vs dark, then Brisbane will be asked to wear their Bears jumper (I'd have them in maroon shorts, but they'll be in white).

I'd personally put Sydney in white shorts with their home jumper (with Brisbane in full maroon) but I'm pretty sure the last time that happened was against Essendon 25 years ago.

Sydney might just be amenable to wearing their South Melbourne jumper if the AFL ask them to facilitate an optimal contrast (let's be honest hear, last year's grand final wasn't great visually - my eyes were strained trying to differentiate, especially when play was on the member's wing).

Otherwise, we have a pre-season knockout - this year - between these two sides in Blacktown. Wasn't the prettiest but passable nonetheless, and gives both sides their preference.

afl-community-series-sydney-v-brisbane.jpg

Would love to know Mero's thoughts.

This'll be interesting. Sydney have white as a core jumper colour, so I'd straight up not put Brisbane in white shorts.

Last year's GF was dark vs dark with white shorts for the lower-ranked team, so maybe that's an acceptable precedent for Brisbane in their threepeat jumper. If maroon & red are considered outside the realm of dark vs dark, then Brisbane will be asked to wear their Bears jumper (I'd have them in maroon shorts, but they'll be in white).

I'd personally put Sydney in white shorts with their home jumper (with Brisbane in full maroon) but I'm pretty sure the last time that happened was against Essendon 25 years ago.

Sydney might just be amenable to wearing their South Melbourne jumper if the AFL ask them to facilitate an optimal contrast (let's be honest hear, last year's grand final wasn't great visually - my eyes were strained trying to differentiate, especially when play was on the member's wing).

Otherwise, we have a pre-season knockout - this year - between these two sides in Blacktown. Wasn't the prettiest but passable nonetheless, and gives both sides their preference.

As someone mentioned earlier, gotta remember it’ll be a day game and looking likely to be sunny at this stage, not sure if that would make both teams home kits more or less of a contrast.

I don’t think Lions fans would be thrilled with it but the more I look at it, the more I think it could be this. IMG_8956.jpeg

I think they'll make them play in the Bears Clash jumpers.
But the pic above shows there's no reason to, Maroon is a fair way from Red.

I think they'll make them play in the Bears Clash jumpers.
But the pic above shows there's no reason to, Maroon is a fair way from Red.
The time of day does make a difference though, red v maroon is workable at night but in the sunlight, that won’t be pretty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best match up is Swans in white south red V and white shorts
Lions in home kit maroon shorts

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Grand Final Matchups 2024 - What will your team wear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back