Grand Final Parade

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been twice. Went in 2010 where it used to end at the Old Treasury Building and went in 2016 with my brother who's a Dogs fan.

In 2016, the trophy presentation was held at the MCG in the carpark area near the Olympic Stand and MCC area.

I think it's a little overrated and the waiting around doesn't justify the hype. I think I'll watch it from home this year.

Going in 2010 was a fun experience with the drowning out of Crywoldt’s speech but ultimately a little overrated would be my view on it. The next guy might have a completely opposing view but personally I would get more out of it by watching on the tele.

A map for those interested in attending.

0923_PARADEMAP_620.jpg

I'm planning on going, but wasn't sure where its best to be. Do they do everything at the treasury building? I know they then travel toward MCG, but the stuff they do when they reach MCG, is that not for fans?

The Parade ends up at Yarra Park, around the MCG and behind Jolimont Station, where the GF festival has been going since Wednesday. Lots happening there for fans, and very family oriented.

The Parade ends up at Yarra Park, around the MCG and behind Jolimont Station, where the GF festival has been going since Wednesday. Lots happening there for fans, and very family oriented.

Nice. Should be easier to get parking there.

Gonna go with my wife and kids this year.

Is that where they do the press conference?

Is that where they do the press conference?

The presser happens at the Treasury building before the parade - about 11.15am.

I plan on going (never been before) but a big flare up with a dodgy back sees me subject to a test.

If I get there I think I'll just wait near Jolimont station and watch the presser on my phone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The family and I braved the elements and made the trek into the G on the train.

Was a great atmosphere and now has me even more primed for tomorrow! Go you mighty Magpies!

PS: Having been to other GF parades involving the Pies (02, 03, 10 & 11) I reckon that the parade route down to the G with the players getting presented on stage there in the pop up AFL village was much better. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final Parade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back