HF: Brett Peake, Justin Koschitzke, Leigh Montagna
F: Adam Schneider, Nick Riewoldt, Stephen Milne
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Lenny Hayes, Clinton Jones
I/C: Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt, Steven Baker
Emg: Jarryn Geary, Ben McEvoy, Rhys Stanley

In: Baker
Out: Ben McEvoy

all of a sudden pies look vulnerable.
Yeah...sure...because Tyson Goldsack and Nathan Brown were so good and irreplaceable last week. :rolleyes: Brown will be disappointed, but he will be a good player for a long time, but Presti is still Collingwood's best defender. Leon Davis is definitely a better option than Goldsack. He was left out last week because of his ordinary record against Geelong, but he is back this week because of his good record against St.Kilda.

Yeah...sure...because Tyson Goldsack and Nathan Brown were so good and irreplaceable last week. :rolleyes: Brown will be disappointed, but he will be a good player for a long time, but Presti is still Collingwood's best defender. Leon Davis is definitely a better option than Goldsack. He was left out last week because of his ordinary record against Geelong, but he is back this week because of his good record against St.Kilda.

pies have got this far on the back of youth so why stop now?

presti is too old
davis goes missing in big games
ball will do his hammy

Yeah...sure...because Tyson Goldsack and Nathan Brown were so good and irreplaceable last week.

According to all the Pie supporters on here these 2 players are stars. Now they are not irreplaceble after they have been dropped. :rolleyes:

Presti is still Collingwood's best defender.

Hope to god he plays on Reiwoldt. Presti could not outrun a turtle let alone cope with the tank Riewoldt has.

Leon Davis is definitely a better option than Goldsack.

Because Leon has been so impressive in Grand finals and games that really matter for all of his career. :rolleyes:

Saints will be licking their lips with those 2 in's regardless the amount of sugar you want to coat it in.

According to all the Pie supporters on here these 2 players are stars. Now they are not irreplaceble after they have been dropped. :rolleyes:

Hope to god he plays on Reiwoldt. Presti could not outrun a turtle let alone cope with the tank Riewoldt has.

Because Leon has been so impressive in Grand finals and games that really matter for all of his career. :rolleyes:

Saints will be licking their lips with those 2 in's regardless the amount of sugar you want to coat it in.

Sadly i'd have to agree with this. Why you'd bring in presti after this long is beyond me, although the leon choice could end up working wonders

Presti has very good pace, more than enough to keep up with Riewoldt, but if Riewoldt pushes up the ground Presti won't have the endurance to go with him, which would be a real problem.

Presti has very good pace, more than enough to keep up with Riewoldt, but if Riewoldt pushes up the ground Presti won't have the endurance to go with him, which would be a real problem.

Could be a problem for StKilda too, Riewoldt pushing up the ground with Kosi in the ruck.... Who is there to kick to inside 50??? :confused:

Answer: Nick Maxwell

Could be a problem for StKilda too, Riewoldt pushing up the ground with Kosi in the ruck.... Who is there to kick to inside 50??? :confused:

I reckon Jason Blake will follow Leigh Brown everywhere, including the ruck.

Kosi will stay forward, IMO of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By playing Presti I'd imagine MM is going to plonk Maxwell 20 metres in front of Riewoldt and basically double-team him for the game. Presti will not be able to run with Riewoldt, and may end up with Kosi instead at some stage. Would that leave either Harry O or Reid with Roo??? Mmmm, interesting...

Davis is a matchwinner, but a risk. Goldsack was pretty good last week, but I guess MM is rolling the dice and telling Leon Neon this is his last chance to shine on the big stage. I hope for Leon's sake he has a blinder.

Baker in, no surprise. Iexpect he'll throw a few, ala Lynch in his last game, got nothing to lose. Problem is, who does he get? Perhaps Davis...

Mcevoy out means I guess that Koishitze will be the second ruck, which is probably a good idea, getting him involved...

Davis is a match winner just at the last time Collingwood played St Kilda.

Plus it allows Didak to push up into the middle and get more of the pill.

Get on Didak to win the Norm Smith now.

pies have got this far on the back of youth so why stop now?
Well firstly, the Grand Final is another level again, and both Goldsack and Nathan Brown did not have a lot of impact last week. Secondly, Collingwood's average age may have only been 24 years and 43 days last week, but it is still quite young at 24 years and 328 days this week, which is still more than two years younger than St.Kilda, so I don't think they have gone too far away from youth at all. Thirdly, I think it's important to include players that have experienced a Grand Final, and both Davis and Presti have played in two losses, which should burn inside which nicely balances the players that have not played in one.
presti is too old
If that's the case, then why is St.Kilda even going to bother turning up? Presti is still Collingwood's best defender, and the only Collingwood player over 30, whilst St.Kilda have four players over the age of 30. Nathan Brown has not done a lot wrong though, and there may still be a late change.
ball will do his hammy
Why would you wish an injury on a player?!?! That's disgraceful! There is absolutely nothing to suggest that it was more than cramp, because if it was, then he would not have taken part in a touch session on Tuesday, or trained trouble free on Wednesday! I'm sure that he has been receiving a lot of hyperbaric oxygen threapy, and that he will right to play. Nick Dal Santo and Jason Gram's injuries are more of a concern to St.Kilda than Luke Ball is to Collingwood.
davis goes missing in big games
Davis is a good player and he has a lot to prove and he has done well against St.Kilda in recent times, and I'm sure that two Grand Final losses burn inside. I like a lot about Tyson Goldsack though, and he will be a handy player for Collingwood for some time, but 4 kicks, 4 handballs, 3 marks and 2 tackles, mainly on a wing, wasn't enough last week in a dominant team performance.

Ben Johnson will also spend time in defence to play on Milne because he has done well on him, which doesn't really give Goldsack an ideal match-up. The other option for Goldsack was to play him as a defensive forward, but that is too negative, and Davis can do the unpredictable and offers more in that role. He leads forward-50 tackles and has contributed to 43 goals (26 goals and 17 assists) this year, and he will attract a better opponent.
If Presti can keep up with him in their forward 50 as you say, then that is all that is required. If he wants to go up the ground, then let him go I say which increases the chances of Nick Maxwell being left unattended in the backline.
Davis is a matchwinner, but a risk. Goldsack was pretty good last week, but I guess MM is rolling the dice and telling Leon Neon this is his last chance to shine on the big stage. I hope for Leon's sake he has a blinder.
Hmmm....considering Collingwood's dominance, I didn't think that Goldsack offered too much last week, and he doesn't have a match-up or a role this week. Mick Malthouse has always been keen on 'horses for courses,' and whilst Goldsack's inclusion is understandable against Geelong, Davis' inclusion is completely understandable against St.Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back