Grand Final Tix are too cheap

Remove this Banner Ad

Turlough

Debutant
Feb 16, 2001
Eastern Australia
And i know all you cheap skate peasents will disagree with me on this one, but this way, the money could be used to save the clubs. I suggest a price of 350 dollars per adult ticket (180 dollars concession) in addition, children under 12 should be banned from going to any grand final, as surely they will not appreciate it. IE does a 8 yr old bomber brat deserve a ticket over a 40 yr old melbourne fan who has been waiting yonks to see the Dees win a flag.
And the allocation should not increase, unless carlton is in the big game, where all the supporters should be allowed to buy a ticket as we own grand finals. HE HE

Most collingwood fans, being drug addicts and on the dole, couldn't afford Grand Final tix, if the team was good enough to make it and lose it again anyway.
THE BLUES
PREMIERS 2001 and beyond.

Originally posted by Turlough
Most collingwood fans, being drug addicts and on the dole, couldn't afford Grand Final tix, if the team was good enough to make it and lose it again anyway.
THE BLUES

im none of the above...and i go to the grand final every year, regardless if collingwood play in it mate..

im sure that would go down well though... 10,000 people would turn up to the grand final if u made tickets that expensive... you are an idiot!!

Don't be stupid man, my prices are only around half the average australian working wage, so i don't know where your getting your facts from. I'm trying to save some of the sturggling clubs from going under, you selfish, narrow minded twit.
Grand final tickets for AFL are far too cheap, especilly when you compare them with prices to the admittedly far superior english FA cup.

why compare our game to soccer and rugby??

they dont compare mate!! not even close!!

thats all mate, dont want to get in a slinging match.. you have your opinion, i got mine, and thats it...

THE BLUES

Hey Turlough - your the one who should stay off the crack mate! :eek:

Originally posted by Same Old's
Why would anyone want something to be more expensive than it already is? What kind of consumer are you?

a ******** consumer...

if u want to help dying clubs, go buy a membership for them!!

I am an economical rationalist. You people are all obviously earning less than $10 K a year if you can't afford 350 grand final tix.
If 80,000 people each helped with another 200 bucks per head for a grand final 10 years, fitzroy would still be around.
Pay more or guranteee Footscray and the Morons (Geelong)'s survival or watch them wither out and die.

The clubs are already the biggest scalpers in footy. And they charge a lot more than you're suggesting. If the official price goes up it will just get passed on via the scalpers.

Interesting idea about banning kids. Or you could at least make em pay full price. I'll cop some crap for this, I know. But they've got the rest of their lives to see a Grand Final.

I don't know whether this topic was started as a joke or not. But there's actually some interesting points made.

But a simple price rise will not solve the problem. It needs a bit of guts from the AFL.

I don't believe that clubs should be relying on their GF scalping activities in order to survive. If they can't live without such ill-gotten gains ... then let 'em die.

And yes, that includes Collingwood too.

Give the Grand Final back to the people who support the two clubs involved. Stuff everyone else. They've got no right to be there. Package deal tickets and other such scams should only be permitted after ALL the members of the two competing clubs have had the chance to buy tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by PiesPremiers

a ******** consumer...

if u want to help dying clubs, go buy a membership for them!!

What's your problem PP? I was talking to Turlough. Anyway all I said was why would a consumer (which we all are) want to pay more something that they don't have to. Why pay $350 for something you can get for for $100. This isn't just for Grand Final gets but generally anything. GET IT?

Originally posted by Same Old's

What's your problem PP? I was talking to Turlough. Anyway all I said was why would a consumer (which we all are) want to pay more something that they don't have to. Why pay $350 for something you can get for for $100. This isn't just for Grand Final gets but generally anything. GET IT?

i was agreeing with, calling him a ******** consumer!!

chill samey...chill

Geez just because i have a different opinion i'm made out to be a crack addict.

lol.. and im a crack addict just cos im a collingwood supporter!!

********!!

:confused:

At least i don't dabble in incest unlike your family shermanator. Geez just because i have a different opinion i'm made out to be a crack addict.

Easy tiger!

Just having a bit of fun.......play the game and don't take things so serious, geez! :rolleyes:

PS: How did you know my sister was easy? ;)

... children under 12 should be banned from going to any grand final, as surely they will not appreciate it. IE does a 8 yr old bomber brat deserve a ticket over a 40 yr old melbourne fan who has been waiting yonks to see the Dees win a flag.

Interesting point....

Try enforcing that though.

Grand Final tickets are NOT too cheap considering to get one u pretty much have to be a member of a club neway......

It's fine for u Vic ppl.......Yeah It's too cheap....jump in the car and drive down the road.....What about us yeah we'll just jump in our jet plane and try to see if the game will cost us anything less than 500-1000 dollars.....

just shut your trap :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final Tix are too cheap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back