Great game from Brent Renouf .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Renouf

Liked him last week.

Liked him this week.

I thought some of his ruckwork was fantastic. With more game time he should become a dominant ruckman - hopefully from the Dean Cox mould

fantastic game, very stiff if he gets dropped..

Taylor has had a great season and would be unlucky to miss aswell

Not too sure if he will be dropped or not. He is playing very very well but its extremely unfair to not give Taylor first preference as he's our primary ruckman and has been all year.

If we make it to the GF, would be interesting to see who the selectors go with.

Brent appears to have more polish to his ruck and general play. This give him the nod over Simon Taylor for the Preliminary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Croad cant make it they might just bring Taylor in and Bob will be a defender.

Good luck on reiwoldt though

Fair call, but ONLY if Hawthorn are coming up against a top heavy team. Bob can play defensive, but if we were to play three "talls", Bobby would have to play ruck, changing into the forward line. He kicks very accurately. A good dilemma to have. Bob could only play defensively on a slow monster, not an explosive one like Hall, Reiwoldt etc...

AS IV SAID IN OTHER THREADS(RUSTY,PLEASE DONT DELETE:D)......at the start of the year ,that Roo would be our second ruck by years end....leav,n Taylor to.........um try harder.............. that better mods;)

Taylor is bigger, stronger, more experienced and more proven.

Renouf is a fiercer competitor.

I'm leaning towards Renouf. Very harsh on Tails, but that's the reality of a fit squad come finals times - worthy players do not always get spots.

Was really impressed with big Brent.. gave us something around the ground and was great in the centre. Either won the hit out or nullifyed the bounce, bringing it to ground where our in and under squadron thrived.. Good signs ahead for the kid!

while i think Taylor has done a good job all year he is not a natural footballer like Renouf, Robbie can do the crash bang job and Brent almost plays a ruck rover game around the ground, while Brent makes some mistakes, Taylor has made some bad clangers which you cant afford in finals,

I think both have their place depending on the opposition.

I believe that Renouf was giving the gig due to the fact they knew that Hudson was not right and was Renouf's job to run at all costs (which he would be better at than Tails).

However, in saying that, Renouf has a much better upside than Taylor does. Taylor won't improve his skills and what you see is what you get at the moment.

Good luck to the kid. Will be a another great problem for the Club once big Max is ready to roll.

I have always thought that Robbie Campbell could play down back after watching him fill in a few times this season. Seems to read the ball well and has a great spoiling technique. Then there is only Taylor, renouf and Bailey to choose from.

You'd certainly think that he'd get a game next time after that. Seemed very aggressive when the ball was in dispute and seemed to run well. Something all our ruckmen could work on.

Must say that he looked like a fish out of water for his stint at full forward in the last quarter but he could even be useful there in bursts later in his career. Anyone think that he could become a target for GC17 in the future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game from Brent Renouf .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back