Great grand final matchups we were robbed of

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite a few votes for Fremantle vs West Coast in 2015 but I think 2006 would have been better.

Josh Carr and Jeff Farmer era, would have been spiteful.

Quite a few votes for Fremantle vs West Coast in 2015 but I think 2006 would have been better.

Josh Carr and Jeff Farmer era, would have been spiteful.

Would have backed Daniel Chick/Beau Waters to handle these ommpa loompas'.

Anyhow, Jeff squared off better against his wife than anyone else.

Michael Johnson would have had his shorts around his ankles showing... you know, his Johnson.

Desi would have been crying because Selwood was nasty.

Troy Cook...... yep, I'll give you that one.

WC by 67 pts on the MCG.

Sydney with an easy home finals win over North Melbourne and Port coming off a surprise away finals win over Hawthorn had they kicked straight
It wouldn't have been a surprise win as Port did Hawthorn earlier in the season and had a better record against them in the previous season.

One from the SANFL - Port Adelaide and Central Districts developed a big rivalry in the mid-1990s when the teams played in successive Grand Finals in 1995 and 1996 - the Magpies winning both times over the Bulldogs. During the Central Districts golden era of 2000-2011 however the Bulldogs did not get another GF meeting with the Magpies in their 12 successive GF appearances, only one of two teams that Centrals did not meet in the premiership decider, the other being South Adelaide which has been absent from the SANFL GF since 1979.

It wouldn't have been a surprise win as Port did Hawthorn earlier in the season and had a better record against them in the previous season.
The previous season? The only time Port and Hawthorn played in 2013 was when Hawthorn won by 45 points at Footy Park.

You might be thinking of 2015, when Port beat Hawthorn in both H&A meetings, despite missing the finals.

A Sydney-Port grand final in 2014 would have been interesting, but Sydney did seem to match up well against Port, including beating them twice during the H&A rounds. My sense at the time was a bit of a rock, paper, scissors scenario, with Port matching up well against Hawthorn, Hawthorn matching up well against Sydney and Sydney matching up well against Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great grand final matchups we were robbed of

Remove this Banner Ad

Back